Beware of Lazada.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
fdimike
udonmap.com

Re: Beware of Lazada.

Post by fdimike » April 6, 2019, 8:54 pm

I have to check mine to see what it says

An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » April 13, 2019, 10:21 am

when you buy stuff on Lazada aren't they just the middle man for other companies? I have used them several times for items that aren't available here or are super expensive, I have been careful as far as knowing what I am buying and checking reviews and haven't had any problems. I guess because I haven't had any problems I really don't know how the customer support works (or doesn't work).
I used e-bay for years and had good results at times and bad at times. I have had the best luck with Amazon but the prices are often higher than E-bay and I have never used them while I am here...only back home.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 13, 2019, 10:58 am

Lazada operates just like Ebay & Amazon as best I can determine. They list vendors offering products for sale. I rarely use Amazon here in Thailand because most of their vendors will only ship with a program which demands customs taxes up front. I use both Ebay & Lazada and have rarely had a problem with either. I rarely get charged customs tax for the items I order.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 26, 2019, 3:24 pm

Today got a phone call from a shop called xtreme mega deals about a wifi security camera i bought off them . It had no software and intructions said to download an app from play store . It did not work with the camera so i sent back and got a refund .
This guy speaking english was very angry with me and could not understand why i left a bad review when they refunded me .I explained that the review was for other customers not to buy as it did not work . Got heated and i cut him off .
First i bought this camera and reviewed it over a year ago but when i looked at the review it said 5 days ago?
Second , how did he get my telephone number . Must have been from lazada unless he got it from my name and delivery address ? If from lazada what other info can he have , bank details , credit card . I am worried nowq and tried to cancel my account but find i cannot do so .
Lazada agent on chat told me to go to the police ?
Been buying online for 16 years and first time this has happened to me

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 27, 2019, 6:11 am

i think lazada will always give your number to the seller to include this on the package to send ,as it is the seller who is sending the package not lazada ,or when the seller want to contact you in case of any problem .... , i would not worry about this , i almost buy everything except food from lazada or shopee , i have just also experienced a problem with delivery , i ordered a water pump the 17th and the kerry tracking page informed me that the 20th they failed delivery because they could not reach us ? (home all day ) and they would retry delivery , so the 24th same story failed delivery despite we were home all day , 25ft on tr.page the info that delivery failed and they send the package back to seller?,so i left a message on the kerry chat website and a few ours later we did get a phone call from kerry , who did a quick search and apologized that it was due to incompetence of a staff member at kerry udon this all happened ,and i would have to contact the seller to resend the package (all this in perfect english),this will also be reported he said and the idiot who send the pump back will not have his best day (again) ,probably lucky only having to pay the re-sending of the item?..
normally most problems with lazada can be solved if you follow the right way and stay polite ...as info ;)

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 27, 2019, 9:04 am

Ordered a security system from lazada.It was 5 days over the estimated delivery.I visited Kerry at Nong Sam Rong.
As usual, no speak English!No joy there! In the evening, manager delivers the item personally!
But was waste of time as seller sent doorbell in error! To send back bit of a run around. but no problem.
Waiting see get my refund!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 27, 2019, 9:11 am

I absolutely hate shopping and often need an item not readily available from local stores. I buy nearly everything from Lazada or AliExpress. The majority of sellers on Lazada ship promptly and delivery, even upcountry, is normally just a few days. I have had problems with the delivery of large or heavy items. For example, I bought a solar panel and a sealed gel 12 volt battery. Neither item came within a reasonable time. Lazada wasn't much help but finally did take care of those orders after I complained a number of times. I eventually received the solar panel but the battery never came. I received a refund for that and ordered another from another seller. That battery was delivered as promised. I think the sellers lie about when they shipped the item and the cheap cowboy shipping companies they use also lie.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 27, 2019, 9:33 am

Glalt,
The companies lie about shipping date as they do not get paid until shipped. Thats why it might be a few days after they say shipped before you get tracking info.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » July 27, 2019, 9:54 am

Ten days ago I had a problem with shipping I was home all day that CJ GLS claimed they attempted delivery only attempted once and sent it back no phone call nothing ordered the same item different seller delivered in four days via Kerry.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 27, 2019, 10:06 am

I have found that Kerry does a pretty good job, much better than most of the other shipping companies. They normally call my wife to make sure someone is here and they show up shortly after the phone call. Unfortunately they have limits to size and weight of the ordered item.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » July 27, 2019, 10:21 am

Stantheman wrote:
July 27, 2019, 9:33 am
Glalt,
The companies lie about shipping date as they do not get paid until shipped. Thats why it might be a few days after they say shipped before you get tracking info.
We are having same problems with Chilindo. Wife home all day waiting on delivery and they they say delivery failed. I realised again that we stay I Lieland.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 27, 2019, 11:00 am

Kerry phone 5 times to deliver
Delivery never came
Sorry lost your credit card
Second time kerry came thru with card

frankieboy37
udonmap.com

Post by frankieboy37 » July 27, 2019, 12:44 pm

I have been an occasional Lazada customer for about three years now and yes, I have sometimes had problems but overall a very beneficial service.

However, I offer a heads up for those who have not experienced the problem that I encountered for the first time (on two occasions) this year. Sellers are not always accurate (truthful?) in their descriptions of products and/or accurate (honest?) about the product they send with respect to that which is advertised. As a result I now look more carefully at information presented and especially reviews. Recently I purchased an 8GB Ram stick for my laptop and noted at least two reviews for one particular seller who had sent 2GB instead of the advertised 8GB. A huge difference! I even went to the extra trouble of confirming by chat with my selected seller that they would indeed be sending 8GB. In this instance it all worked very well and maybe the extra steps were not necessary.

Sending the mis-represented item back for a refund is currently the one-stop solution but over the longer term it doesn’t really need to be pointed out that this undermines TRUST. Lazada would be advised to get on top of this or they might be overtaken by more scrupulous competitors.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 27, 2019, 6:49 pm

I ordered 10 kilos of dry dog food and 12 cans of wet dog food three days ago and it was delivered by Kerry today. I consider that good service

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 27, 2019, 6:59 pm

Some time back I ordered a battery for a phone. after it came I discovered that it was a cheap copy. I notified Lazada and they issued me a refund and told me not to bother returning it, just to throw it away.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » July 27, 2019, 8:10 pm

After problems buying online
Scam artists. Substandard goods in complete orders etc. I decided to try lazada. Have bought many items through them (Always cod) never had a problem with them. Have just received a petrol mower through them. Suspected inferior materials used. Possibly genuine B&S engine. Two days delivery time. All is well machine seems good. (the only thing I think will give a future problem. Plastic throttle switch) time will tell. Phone call prior to delivery every time. I just about know enough Thai to inform them that I'm home and exact location

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 27, 2019, 8:58 pm

Yes! they always call first So you know they're coming ! Brilliant!

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 28, 2019, 4:59 pm

I have been on lazada for over 2 years and have bought 130+ items with very little problems . Problems have started since alibaba the chinese have took over . Easy to return things from outside thailand but inside thailand the shop decides if you can return it . I ordered some towels which were the wrong colour and very thin and decide to return under their 7 days easy return. The shop said even though the wrong colour nothing wrong with the towels so lazada said return rejected even though their web page says you can return within 7 days even for just change of mind .
Now the shops have started the chinese trick of putting their price really low so their item comes first in a search then have a high postage price . Looked for sd cards , very cheap 29 baht but postage over a 100 baht . still cheap but they have only just started. They need to have a free postage box to click on same as ebay as the chinese and americans have destroyed ebay with items for 100 baht with 2,000 baht postage or from 100 baht to 3,00 baht and the mouse i clicked on was the higher price , the 100 baht item being a piece of junk.
Just not to happy with leaving a review and getting someone on the phone angry to me for leaving it

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 29, 2019, 8:15 am

i have noticed this too , delivery charges have gone up in Los only , coming from china it is mostly 33 -45baht,normally i do a search of the product i am looking for on lazada first , if i find what i need i also look at shopee where i can find the same item mostly cheaper with lower delivery costs , so i am ending up now buying more on shopee ...what both should do is return to price including delivery as it was before ,what would make things more easy to compare ...
shopee limited english and more difficult to return items ..
best delivery services kerry,dhl ,thai post,most economic ninjavan (25 baht)...i do not worry about delivery times of the ordered items as i have all the time in the world ....enjoy your online shopping ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 29, 2019, 9:00 am

forget to mention , with shopee /aliexpress any payment done will go first to a shopee /aliexpress account and when the customer declares the item received without any problems,shopee/aliexpress will release the payment to the seller ,so it is in the sellers interest the buyer receives the ordered items asap ,so he can receive payment....i do not think lazada is doing the same system ? ... ;)

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”