Beware of Lazada.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
choi choi
udonmap.com

Re: Beware of Lazada.

Post by choi choi » May 31, 2021, 5:32 pm

glalt wrote:
May 31, 2021, 9:20 am
I hate shopping so I use Lazada a lot. I would rate their service as good, not great but good. I have had hundreds of orders. The few problems I have had were mostly orders from overseas. The bottom line is that I have never lost a baht. I will continue to to be a Lazada customer.
Yes I am with you with that! Same me. Never had a problem!

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 31, 2021, 5:41 pm

Has anyone recently ordered a phone ? How was your shopping experience ? I am thinking of a Xiaomi .
Thanks all.
Have a pleasant safe evening.

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » May 31, 2021, 6:48 pm

Yes I have ordered 3 phone's in the past from Lazada, the latest being a Huawei Pro approx 7 weeks ago.
Never had a problem with Lazada.
And very very happy with the price.
I always do COD just in case.
YKICAMOOCOW

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 31, 2021, 6:49 pm

the-monk wrote:
May 31, 2021, 5:41 pm
Has anyone recently ordered a phone ? How was your shopping experience ? I am thinking of a Xiaomi .
Thanks all.
Have a pleasant safe evening.
It depends on the seller. Some answer quickly and some don't bother to answer questions. If a seller doesn't answer questions, I avoid buying anything from them.

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » May 31, 2021, 6:57 pm

I agree Choi Choi...
I always order my tea bags from Lazada.
100 Typhoo @ 125 Baht.
Free delivery if you order 4 ....500 Baht.
Great value to me..!!!!!
YKICAMOOCOW

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » May 31, 2021, 7:04 pm

You are right glalt...
I forgot to say that I always look at seller ratings and response chat times and reviews.
If they do not have at least 500 reviews...I move on.
YKICAMOOCOW

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 31, 2021, 7:15 pm

marcus1 wrote:
May 31, 2021, 6:48 pm
Yes I have ordered 3 phone's in the past from Lazada, the latest being a Huawei Pro approx 7 weeks ago.
Never had a problem with Lazada.
And very very happy with the price.
I always do COD just in case.
Any special reason why you didn’t try the HUAWEI shop in central? I used them for my FreeBuds Pro and got a discount that was only a few baht of the best Thailand supplier on Lazada
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » May 31, 2021, 7:41 pm

Down to price....
I think I just got lucky at the time to buy my new Huawei on Lazada.
8GB Ram..128GB Memory.
Have not seen the same deal since on Lazada.
Brilliant phone.
3000 baht cheaper than shop price in Udon.
YKICAMOOCOW

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 31, 2021, 9:41 pm

I would prefer to buy in Udon The other day i went to the Official Xiaomi shop at Central to look at 3 models that i had researched on the internet, the shop has none of the 3 models i wanted. They told me go online which i did , first the Mi (xiaomi) website they do NOT sell at all it s just a collection of glossy pictures. However they refer you to 3 websites - Lazada, Shopee and jd.com. When you click on any of these 3 sites a pop-up message warns you that they are NOT official XIAOMI web sites. Confusing !!! Crazy !!!!. As suggested i ll take a look at the HUawei shop. Thanks.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 31, 2021, 10:47 pm

I tried to buy a tv box in landmark. Almost no choice and crazy priced. Go lazadda
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 1, 2021, 8:37 am

the-monk wrote:
May 31, 2021, 9:41 pm
I Confusing !!! Crazy !!!!. As suggested i ll take a look at the HUawei shop. Thanks.
What I did was ask the price & the dropped it a bit from list. I walked away, found some good Thai sites on Lazada for the same item a couple of hundred baht cheaper but still new and free delivery, went back, showed them the sites then they dropped the asking price to almost the same as the Lazada stores, still slightly higher but you know that it’s an official shop with official guarantee, something you can’t be sure of on Lazada. It’s worth the extra 50 baht I paid for that, along with showing that the ear buds worked perfectly before leaving.

My final discount was around 10% of the brochure price
TIT YMMV good luck

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 1, 2021, 9:43 am

the-monk wrote:
As suggested i ll take a look at the HUawei shop. Thanks.
Just be aware that some of the later Huawei phone models may not have access to the Google Play Store.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 1, 2021, 11:27 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 1, 2021, 9:43 am
the-monk wrote:
As suggested i ll take a look at the HUawei shop. Thanks.
Just be aware that some of the later Huawei phone models may not have access to the Google Play Store.
An even better reason to check in person in the company booth in central.

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » June 1, 2021, 2:33 pm

Disclaimer: still a regular Lazada user in spite of it not being as problem free as it once was. Have not lost money, but some is currently locked in Lazada wallet which will not let me activate. The special process to get refunds to bank accounts is rather convoluted.

Since still trying to avoid the covid bug spreaders as much as possible, decided to order from Big C on Lazada Laz Mall. Selected a range of random stuff that was either on sale or easily located on the Big C page. Paid by bank app, dead easy as always.

3 days later Lazada pops up a yellow warning on the order details page, “seller has encountered a problem with your order. Lazada will cancel if not shipped by... “ about 3 days later. Chat with Big C in Lazada App. “Solly, followed up and confirmed your order. Please wait.” 3 days later Lazada has cancelled and refunded each item (12-15) individually as a coupon into Lazada wallet, which I have intentionally not activated after having troube doing so. Passport photo and selfie photo required. (KYC has reached Lazada, I guess?)

Morale: Not even the big chains are reliable when used on Lazada!

Items on c.o.d from China have a high success rate!

Go figger...

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”