American Coffee

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Charlieb
udonmap.com

American Coffee

Post by Charlieb » May 12, 2016, 12:41 pm

Please no snide remarks about American coffee from our European friends :D

Is there anywhere in the local area to buy American coffee? Villa did have some Maxwell House but it is always sold out which makes me think I am not the only one that prefers American coffee. The so-called Ameicano (sp) sold at many coffee shops really sucks!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

American Coffee

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 12, 2016, 1:12 pm

Saw Maxwell House in Makro last visit Charlie ... alas not a huge amount only a few jars ...they (makro) are notorious for stocking then running out , you never know when/if twill return but could be worth a look .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Charlieb
udonmap.com

American Coffee

Post by Charlieb » May 12, 2016, 5:39 pm

Thanks Jon but jars sound like instant. Really looking for drip ground coffee

redwolf
udonmap.com

American Coffee

Post by redwolf » May 13, 2016, 8:36 am

My wife is pretty picky about her iced Americano, only a couple places in our area she'll bother with.

So after trying a few ground coffee brands from Villa I found one called VPP that makes a good Americano.

The quality of the packaging is good too, keeps it fresh about a week.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Udon Map
Admin

American Coffee

Post by Udon Map » May 13, 2016, 9:12 am

redwolf wrote:My wife is pretty picky about her iced Americano, only a couple places in our area she'll bother with.

So after trying a few ground coffee brands from Villa I found one called VPP that makes a good Americano.

Just to be clear, it's always been my understanding (confirmed by my taste buds) that Americano is different from the brewed coffee we get in the U.S. AFAICT, from both taste and watching it made, Americano is espresso diluted with hot water.

redwolf
udonmap.com

American Coffee

Post by redwolf » May 13, 2016, 10:16 am

Udon Map wrote:
redwolf wrote:My wife is pretty picky about her iced Americano, only a couple places in our area she'll bother with.

Just to be clear, it's always been my understanding (confirmed by my taste buds) that Americano is different from the brewed coffee we get in the U.S. AFAICT, from both taste and watching it made, Americano is espresso diluted with hot water.
That might be true.

But I prefer my Isaan Expat Brand MacGyver AMERICANO rig pictured below ["hatch open"]. Soon available in classifieds section.

Spoon pressure replaces the Aristocratic pressure blowing of steam through the grounds, thus ensuring their willing cooperation.

It's offers a comparatively superior yield to the gas station style 'AH-MELLI-GANO' we've been getting at so-called cafes around here.

Bear Grylls would be proud.

p.s. we probably know the OP might be referring to simple cup of American-brand coffee. If I spot Maxwell House non-instant will report it here.
13151479_10207857520909970_2550622348065825944_n.jpg
13151479_10207857520909970_2550622348065825944_n.jpg (21.41 KiB) Viewed 571 times
macgyver_primary.png
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

jingjai
udonmap.com

American Coffee

Post by jingjai » May 13, 2016, 11:46 am

I've always thought the "All Day Blend" or the "Mocca" from Bon Cafe have an American style taste to them:
http://www.boncafe.co.th/en/product-cat ... ng-coffee/
Bon Cafe has a retail store here in Udon. They will even grind whole bean to ground for you. Try mixing a couple different styles until you find the flavor you want.
Also Zolito Brand sold at Makro, has an American style taste.

udonmap.com

American Coffee

Post by 12345 » May 13, 2016, 12:55 pm

Yank also, and I thought the morning blend was good, and the least expensive to their offerings. Buy in store, Bon Cafe, as cheaper than what the chains sell it for, and sometimes, quite a bit cheaper.

What's nice is, you can pop in and sample a cup before buying. Available in bean or powdered already.

I moved on to a bit stronger, Espresso from a different supplier.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”