swimming pool shops

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
kopkei
udonmap.com

swimming pool shops

Post by kopkei » February 22, 2017, 6:58 am

having a pool all the times we have lived in los , it always have been a problem finding a good swimming pool shop in udon ,even after 16 years , still no improvement ... first problem is finding professional assistance (surely for those whom have no idea how to make a swim),and second the real thais prices instead of the rip off , or falang prices , having visited some even nice shops , they only have had double pricing if you are the ignorant buyer ,fe the pump i will be using is a haywarth 1HP super pump 1 ,in udon 34.500 baht ? , bought 19.500 baht , filter udon + 24.000, bought 12.995 , zelbrite filter media udon 1.350/15kg , bought 895...enc...
the shops in udon were all seriously overpriced or did not even bother sending the price afterwards,and all having the mentality if you do not like it go some where else ...(too many ignorant falang in udon now?)
so i did what i always do when i need to buy anything ,i checked on the internet first , best thais websites (depending what you look for) to know the real prices (as a call them) in los..i did find this online shop http://thailandpoolshop.com/
so after checking the prices there , which were very good , i did contact them first , you can chat online on their website,and made an appointment to visit their office based in surin , as i am always wary buying things online when not cod.., (and we are not talking about 1.000 baht) so we went there on monday (13th), and met with mr richard whom was very help full, and gave professional assistance , other wise said, knew what he was talking about , so i did make my order , paid in cash , and the planning was in a few days to pick up all the items , but due to it was day off from maka bucha saturday before , it would take too long for us to wait and decided to leave them deliver all items with the thai parcel delivery service they use, which is to me not expensive , we paid 1.650 baht /550kg items...
the items were delivered yesterday , perfect service ...
so next time i will need anything i will know where to order as they have giving me what i could not find in udon , good service and good prices with professional assistance (they also build swimming pools )...no more udon bs for me ...
as info ...good luck to all.... ;)

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Re: swimming pool shops

Post by Sakhonnick » February 22, 2017, 7:06 am

I had 2 pools before in my old houses in Pattaya, Total nightmare, from grout, to cracks tiles to leaks to burned out pumps, you name it I had it... when I added the cost to build these pools all the repairs and stress, I think every time I jumped into the thing it was costing me over a 1000baht, I said to myself 5 years ago I will never have one again... but I have learned some things and maybe one day in 10years or so I might have another one..

So just to add there is a Guy in Sakon Nakhon building Pools and maintaining them, what I have heard he is doing very well at this, maybe you can shop around and ask him also

http://www.isaanpool.com/

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 22, 2017, 7:23 am

I had a swimming pool in my house in the UK for years trouble free, the only thing I had to have done was replace the liner because I wanted the pool to be a different colour. Ive seen several here that have been constructed by JD Pools and they all seem to be well installed/finished, I'd have one here too but it wouldn't get used enough, I'm better off going to the hotels to use theirs.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

charly66
udonmap.com

Post by charly66 » February 22, 2017, 7:35 am

For the best prices for all pool equipment in Udonthani:
Peterpool Co Ltd, Udon Sampraw rd, 500m from Globalhouse, ringroad, tel. 042-110214

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 22, 2017, 7:43 am

when you have a lot problems with your swim , is because you are creating them mostly yourself by making everything too complicated ,use of bad materials and bad knowledge how to build , maintenance of our swim takes 30 min , only put floating chlorinator , and vacuum the pool regularly , using good pump and filter (to me haywarth pump , and zelbrite or DE filter ) the zelbrite is new to me now for our new pool , always have had DE filter , crystal clear water , but zelbrite should be better? and no need of DE powder ..
time will tell...again as info ... ;)

sunwavessand
udonmap.com

Post by sunwavessand » January 4, 2018, 2:15 am

I very much agree with kopkei. Sadly, it's quite a bit tricky finding a professional and reputable pool shop in Udon. I can also personally vouch for www.thailandpoolshop.com as their products are quality and I never had any problems with the pool supplies which I've got from them. It's also nice of them that they offer professional pool advice. They are indeed very helpful and can be reached anytime. Most (not all) companies will try to rip you off or ask for expensive quotes so it pays to be really careful and to do our own research.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”