Air conditioning

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Air conditioning

Post by Barney » April 12, 2017, 3:38 pm

kakariki wrote:Interesting and worth looking into.
I've asked this before, if while your looking around I'm interested in getting a multi head unit, but they seem rare here in Udon. Multiheads in Australia usually have one main unit and 3, 5 or 8 slaves.
Kakariki

I was looking for the same sometime back, Diakin along with others have the units but Udon not have. They are an interesting concept and I may look further.
I imagine you would have to contact the main sales office in Bangkok. But I think it was home pro on the ring road??? the AC guy said he could get anything from Diakin if we want and order. I was only looking for ceiling cassette units at the time.
Make sure you get invertor to save long term money.
Is this what you mean
Attachments
AC multi.png
AC multi.png (28.97 KiB) Viewed 2847 times

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 12, 2017, 3:40 pm

Barney wrote:
Inverter Air Conditioning
Inverter air conditioning is :-
•At least 30% - 50% cheaper to run as it consumes less power
•Far quicker to achieve desired temperature
•Much quieter
•No temperature fluctuations, maximising comfort level
•Lower starting current compared with non inverter air conditioning

So, in summary an inverter air conditioning can reduce your energy bill. It will be worth paying more for an inverter air conditioning if you use your air conditioning for:-

•all year round or regularly.
•used for heating

With energy costs now still rising there is no doubt this will save you money in the long run.

What is the difference between inverter and non inverter air conditioning units?
Non inverter or Fixed speed air conditioning deliver a fixed amount of power via a fixed speed. This means the compressor has to stop and start to maintain the desired room temperature.

Inverter air conditioning system, varies the speed of the compressors, delivering precise cooling or heating power as required.

How does Inverter Air Conditioning work?

The amount of cooling or heating required by an air conditioning unit varies depending on the outdoor temperature and the amount of heat in the room.

When the cooling or heating capacity needs to be increased, the compressor will operate at a high speed and will increase the amount of refrigerant flow.

Conversely, during moderate outside temperatures for example, when the cooling and heating capacity needs to be decreased, the compressor will operate at a low speed and will decrease the amount of refrigerant flow.

When the inverter air conditioning is switched on, the compressor operates at a high speed in order to cool or heat the room quickly. As the room temperature approaches the set temperature, the compressor slows down, maintaining a constant temperature and saving energy. Any sudden fluctuation in the room temperature, will be sensed and instantly adjusted to bring the room temperature back to the set temperature.

It will be worth investing in an inverter air conditioning if you use your air conditioning all year round especially for heating your room or you use your air conditioning regularly.
Basically what my HVAC mate said to me 5 years ago.

When people ( Expats ) whose expertise is in Air Con and Electrical Installation of these units , I go with their advice.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 26, 2017, 7:49 pm

well i have made a change of mind to make the test if inverters are really cheaper , but most because the price was this time good , i have bought for our 2 bedrooms an LG 12.200btu/inverter for 14.500 baht all in , and the installation done perfect , no ugly drilled holes filled with wall putty after ...nice people ...also perfect drilling inside on tiled walls...
DSC00655 (Copy).jpg
DSC00656 (Copy).jpg
DSC00657 (Copy).jpg
they have also made a quote for a bigger air con , 18.000btu/inverter/22.000 baht , 24.000btu/26.000 baht all in ...
if you are interested for any price call them 0862261992 mr sunan ...good luck ... ;)

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 26, 2017, 7:52 pm

Well.done

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2017, 11:54 am

kopkei wrote:well i have made a change of mind to make the test if inverters are really cheaper , but most because the price was this time good , i have bought for our 2 bedrooms an LG 12.200btu/inverter for 14.500 baht all in , and the installation done perfect , no ugly drilled holes filled with wall putty after ...nice people ...also perfect drilling inside on tiled walls...
DSC00655 (Copy).jpg
DSC00656 (Copy).jpg
DSC00657 (Copy).jpg
they have also made a quote for a bigger air con , 18.000btu/inverter/22.000 baht , 24.000btu/26.000 baht all in ...
if you are interested for any price call them 0862261992 mr sunan ...good luck ... ;)
Awesome deal... makes me wish I had waited. Then again, with the temperatures we've had off and on since Songkran, maybe not.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 27, 2017, 12:47 pm

To much personal info for me to handel :oops: :oops: Take care and have a cool day..//DD ;)

maaka wrote:not really ' ice hockey ' Dui, even though my membrane verilli is shaped like a hockey stick, is perhaps a 4 Wood, but no, we are more into ' Pin the Tail on the Donkey ' so no Ref...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2017, 10:34 am

The dipshit that installed our system threw away the vibration isolation rubbers when he mounted the outside condenser unit on the angle brackets; a common enough short cut by these useless bloody 'artisans'. Usually it is because they don't have long enough bolts but looking at this bodge, that's no excuse as the bolts are easily three inch long.

Anyone know where I can get these around the Udon hardware traps? Otherwise I will drop by any aircon shop and see what they have.

Thanks!
tam

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 1, 2017, 2:53 pm

tamada wrote:The dipshit that installed our system threw away the vibration isolation rubbers when he mounted the outside condenser unit on the angle brackets; a common enough short cut by these useless bloody 'artisans'. Usually it is because they don't have long enough bolts but looking at this bodge, that's no excuse as the bolts are easily three inch long.

Anyone know where I can get these around the Udon hardware traps? Otherwise I will drop by any aircon shop and see what they have.

Thanks!
tam
Hmm, those rubber pads between unit and brackets? The guy I have used to install and clean, installed them and he supplied them, they did not come with units.

My other 2 units do not have them, and he did not do the install. Wanted something like them when installed. Even had company send people from Bangkok, because of vibration. They didn't even have them. After a few months the vibrations went away.

Don't know where to find, but if you can't find, can get his # from wife.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2017, 9:15 pm

RLTrader wrote:
Hmm, those rubber pads between unit and brackets? The guy I have used to install and clean, installed them and he supplied them, they did not come with units.

My other 2 units do not have them, and he did not do the install. Wanted something like them when installed. Even had company send people from Bangkok, because of vibration. They didn't even have them. After a few months the vibrations went away.

Don't know where to find, but if you can't find, can get his # from wife.
The condenser unit had them fitted as standard when he was about to mount it on the ground but somewhere between stopping that folly and hanging them on the brackets, they disappeared. As is usual in LOS, they tend to leave debris and junk behind them but I guess the vibration isolators all manage to end up in a pile of useful junk in the back of the truck.

Didn't have them at the home improvement stores on the north side or Global House (north) so Thai Watsadu and the new Global House manana.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 2, 2019, 12:07 pm

tamada wrote:
April 11, 2017, 4:59 pm
Finally went with a Hitachi 12700 BTU non-inverter unit that they discounted heavily to bring it down to 15k baht installed (from 19.5k baht list). Installing manana so just one more night in the sweat box!

Measuring 101°F in the shade on the front patio right now.
OK! It's heating up and the kids bedroom needs a/c. Wishing to keep to the same brand (if only to hot-swap the remotes if and when), I looked at PowerBuy online and the cheapest (only) non-inverter Hitachi is ~15k including installation.

Anyone seen any other bargains around town? It will start heating up between now and March/April will be manic and waiting for a few days for an installer then so trying to beat that crowd.

Ta
tam

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » March 2, 2019, 12:29 pm

When we were looking at AC units Do Home were cheaper. But not sure on your preferred brand. We got an lg inverter for under 9000

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 2, 2019, 1:09 pm

mac1966 wrote:
March 2, 2019, 12:29 pm
When we were looking at AC units Do Home were cheaper. But not sure on your preferred brand. We got an lg inverter for under 9000

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
LG stuff is OK but an inverter a/c for under 9k baht? Free installation I assume? Cheapest (discounted) LG inverter on PowerBuy is only ~17k baht. If anyone else is shopping up there at DH, can I ask they take a dekko at that? I am out of the country for a few weeks more or I would do it myself.

There' is a lot of cheap stuff at Do Home BTW but I have read that there's some fake stuff too. Mitsubishi water pumps that maybe aren't Mitsubishi... and confirmed by MItsubishi's Bangkok head office (model number not assembled, officially imported or otherwise officially retailed in LOS).

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 2, 2019, 3:24 pm

I have an old Samsung 9,000 BTU in our bedroom. Granted that it doesn't get used that much but after about 12 years it still works fine. On the other hand I bought a new 12,000 BTU Panasonic inverter from Home Pro for my computer room. It never worked correctly but the servicemen said it works as it is supposed to. After a year when the warranty expired, it developed a fault light. The code said a defective board. They wanted 7,000 baht to replace the board. They couldn't explain why the board went bad. They guaranteed the air con would be working when they left but no other warranty. I told them no thanks and refused to have it fixed. It is sitting in my garage now. It was replaced with an LG inverter. So far it is working correctly, My concern is if the Thai servicemen are capable of competently repairing the inverter units. I also had to replace the air con in my Jomtien condo bedroom. I chose an LG 10,500 BTU conventional unit. I am pleased how it works. I'm not sure if the inverter units are a good idea or not. More money and more problems?

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » March 3, 2019, 6:50 am

glalt wrote:
March 2, 2019, 3:24 pm
I'm not sure if the inverter units are a good idea or not. More money and more problems?
Definitely more in the electronics but electronics as a whole these days for the most part, appear to be fairly reliable.
Friend of mine who ran a two way radio business( trawlers) here in Aus for 40 odd years, said he would go broke these days if he had to rely on repairing.

I think it would be a bad thing for most who live in Thailand to have to go back to the older style piston compressors. Given most mains supply would never support one, let alone two or three in the one place.
Undersized aluminium runs of 300 meters for mains......let alone the PEA use of transformers which leaves voltage drop as a common (TIT) attitude.

In these instances, inverter systems are a God-send ( or rather a Buddha -send)
The inverter SHOULDN'T cost more given the bulk produced but there ya go....

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » March 3, 2019, 7:08 am

nowadays the inverter type households electrics are not more expensive than others ...
just bought a big inverter refrigerator for my sister in law for 11.400 and a smaller type for other sister for 7.500 ...
not more expensive than the regular type ... ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 3, 2019, 7:13 am

Just an observation between online aircon shopping this time last year and the present. The ratio of conventional versus inverter on the market has shifted towards a more even split; last year inverter's were maybe ~30% of what was on offer? Accordingly, beyond some of the larger, high-end, inverter types, the price differential has narrowed and the smaller inverter units are much cheaper. There's a broader, cheaper choice of them in the 10-15k btu range.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » March 3, 2019, 7:48 am

kopkei wrote:
March 3, 2019, 7:08 am
nowadays the inverter type households electrics are not more expensive than others ...
just bought a big inverter refrigerator for my sister in law for 11.400 and a smaller type for other sister for 7.500 ...
not more expensive than the regular type ... ;)
Perhaps not in the buying price which is a good thing.
However, as Glalt found out, try getting an economic repair done.

Just did a repair on a 7kw split system board which part cost about $6.00.
Finding the fault is not all that difficult if one knows what one is doing.
Then again, that's my job so there ya go.
Quote for a replacement board was "at least $350.00 plus fitting".
Current rate plus original service call out from another so-called service guy would have taken it well over $550.00.

As I said, there is no reason why these boards should cost the amount they do other than a whopper of a cash grab on the part of manufacturers and service people.

Same with motorcycle and car electronics.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 5, 2019, 8:05 am

Looks like Mrs tam is going with an LG for 15k all inclusive. The kid across the street that my boy goes fishing with is apparently now working for a local aircon installer so that made it a shopping no-brainer. He also has used units for 7 k and up but she opted for a new one. Not sure if it's an inverter model. I'll guess I'll find out when I get home.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 30, 2021, 3:05 pm

Looking for a new unit for my TV room. 18k BTU. Any suggestions?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 30, 2021, 3:20 pm

mak wrote:
March 30, 2021, 3:05 pm
Looking for a new unit for my TV room. 18k BTU. Any suggestions?
Cheapest unit 8 months ago was Thaiwasadu. Under 9000 for 12000 BTU with 3 years warranty. Beware installation cost. They quoted 2000 andvthen when they came to install and it was an easy installtion it was 1500 extra for earthing and wall mounted stand for compressor. I installed a 30 amp circuit myself. Unit should be on its own circuit with 2.5mm wiring.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”