Double glazed uPvc windows

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Double glazed uPvc windows

Post by vincemunday » May 16, 2017, 8:41 am

Anyone know where I can get double/triple glazed uPvc windows please?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Double glazed uPvc windows

Post by Marcosteffano » May 16, 2017, 9:06 am

vincemunday wrote:Anyone know where I can get double/triple glazed uPvc windows please?
Sweden and Norway,lol..I looked around and couldn't find anything.settled for upvc single glazed.the only other thing you might be able to do is get thermal lined curtains but don't ask me where as I never got that far.also upvc is quite new here and I hope the 30 odd doors and windows don't go sun bleached yellow after a few years because the guarntee run out as soon as I went through the tills.also I went to have made to measure at a place opersite chrises place and the sales staff spoke not a word of English and after some time I was quoted 7,700b for 1800x1100h so I went to do home and got them for 4,000b and cut the holes to suit.sometimes you ask yourself.how many Thais would buy upvc? Not just the price but they've mostly never heard of upvc and plastic windows are farang voodoo to them.so why have they got staff that can't speak a words of English.i think a lot of Thai companies only survive because we have no other choice.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 16, 2017, 10:05 am

contact europvc in pattaya.
They fabricate , deliver and will send their team own team to install at an additional cost.
I'm happy with my double glazing and the temp difference is amazing when you hand touch inside to outside.
I installed all my exterior windows and doors. The PVC is guaranteed a little bit longer than just after the till payment. :lol:
Security locks are excellent. Slide and glide mechanism quiet.
There are windows in UT but I found their quality IMHO inferior.
There is a shop just south of the Nong Samrong road on the ring road who may have what you want, it's call Austdoor.
I used them in Vietnam when building but did not see them here until I bought my doors and windows.

http://europvc.co.th/contact-us
Attachments
IMG_2889.JPG
IMG_2885.JPG

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 16, 2017, 10:34 am

Thanks, they're only for my apartments so the UT ones will most likely suffice, I'll look them up.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » May 16, 2017, 4:21 pm

Opposite the old Tesco is a place that does double glazing its called Standard Plus, good quality. We have had in three years no problems, good service.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 16, 2017, 9:04 pm

Windsor Windows and Doors offers double glazed windows and doors mounted in high quality steel reinforced PVC frames. We installed ours more than 10 years ago and have not had a problem with the PVC yellowing. Windsor is located behind Bangkok Hospital. The owners daughter speaks excellent English.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 17, 2017, 7:33 am

Windsor Windows also have a showroom immediately beside the entrance to AEK Udon Hospital.. They will custom build UPVC windows and install them.. Double Glazed are the most expensive.. The showroom has examples of each style and type. The actual Company as FDMike mentions is past Bangkok Hospital here: https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Udo ... 02.8158951

street view: https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Udo ... 02.8158951
Dave

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 17, 2017, 9:14 am

Thanks

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » May 20, 2017, 3:36 am

On the left in front of Thai Watsadu is a company that makes powdercoated aluminium windows...I never asked about double glazing ..but their windows are purpose made.

Take the missus with..no speak engrish..
If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 20, 2017, 1:00 pm

talked with the Thai Watsadu vendor a couple of times. They also have UPVC products... In talking with them though, with my wife present, I really didn't find them knowledgeable of their product so ended up going to the Windsor Windows vendor I mentioned above..
Dave

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » May 21, 2017, 12:35 pm

I was at Global House a few days ago and saw what I took to be dual pane (US), double glazed (UK), pvc clad windows. I know I bought them there eight years ago when I built a house here.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 26, 2017, 9:18 am

How much more does a double glazed window cost versus a single?
Does it double the cost?

I know I'll need to go to one of the above mentioned vendors to get actual costs, but I'm just trying to work up a rough budget for building costs.
UFF DA!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 26, 2017, 9:50 am

you'll need to specify how many windows, what size, what type, with or without screens, type of glass, tinting, double-glazing.. Best to go to the company, get their rep out to the house if replacing windows or bring your architectural drawings to the company to get estimates... Mind you the companies are doing custom builds from scratch for you (for the most part). You can, if doing new installs on a house build shop the big stores and find good deals on UPVC clad, double-glazed windows with screens.. Then you'd have to incorporate their size requirements into your build with your contractor..
Dave

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 26, 2017, 10:34 am

Thanks for the answer, I've looked in the big stores but I'm not finding the size windows I want so I'm considering custom made and will be going in with drawings for an estimate eventually.

My question was more for giving me a general idea if the difference in price between single and double glass is significantly large?
(i.e. a 150,000 estimate for single glaze would be 300,000 for double glaze).

Of course I can ask for a estimate to be done on both, just trying to get an idea on the difference before I go in.
UFF DA!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 26, 2017, 3:18 pm

Jello wrote:Thanks for the answer, I've looked in the big stores but I'm not finding the size windows I want so I'm considering custom made and will be going in with drawings for an estimate eventually.

My question was more for giving me a general idea if the difference in price between single and double glass is significantly large?
(i.e. a 150,000 estimate for single glaze would be 300,000 for double glaze).

Of course I can ask for a estimate to be done on both, just trying to get an idea on the difference before I go in.
Insulated Glazing Units IGU's is the correct term will be around 20% to 50% more. If the frame will accept the greater thickness then 20% would be correct if you need a bigger frame then 50% would be correct anyone trying to charge 100% more would not be reasonable.

Though you can use 3mm tinted glass for a very low price.

We have used laminated IGU's that make security bars redundant, once locked nobody is getting in easily if at all.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”