Cheapest place for (online) books!

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
milkman
udonmap.com

Cheapest place for (online) books!

Post by milkman » July 31, 2017, 12:11 pm

Guys, I've discovered the most amazing place online for cheap, cheap, cheap books. It's bookbub.com, and I can't believe what great deals they have. (I know that sounds like an ad, but I'm a longtime Udon resident, longtime udonmap contributor, and this is a REALLY GREAT FIND!)

As an author and packager of 19 books myself, I can tell you that getting people to notice your book is hard to do, and vital. Most books never get noticed, die, and are never heard of again. My best book never got noticed and sold 342 copies. Better, publishers figure, to sell your $19.95 book for 1.99- or even 99 cents- and get word of mouth rolling. And that's what hundreds of publishers do at bookbub! There are brand new books in every category, as well as classics and other books- hundreds of them. Action adventure books, self-help books, crime fiction, history, humor, sci fi, you name it.

They don't sell you the books directly, just link you to amazon and others where you can find the deals. Don't know how this relates to UK amazon.com- and I know most of you are English. Maybe somebody can enlighten us.

That's all I've got to say, except check it out, you'll thank me.
Last edited by milkman on July 31, 2017, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Re: Cheapest place for (online) books!

Post by rjj04 » July 31, 2017, 12:55 pm

Is this just Ebooks?

milkman
udonmap.com

Post by milkman » July 31, 2017, 1:54 pm

Looks like just e-books. I've only had a couple week's experience, but here are some articles you can read (including one from the Guardian, which may be British) if you want to know more: https://www.bookbub.com/home/in_the_news

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 31, 2017, 4:15 pm

If you want cheap books then your first stop should be Project Gutenberg were there are 54,000 books some of them are in audio form.
Also librivox org for audio books.

Both of these are all free
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » August 1, 2017, 10:06 am

Myanonamouse has an enormous store of Audio books, E-Books, Musicology & Radio.

If anybody is interested in joining PM me and I will invite you.

https://www.myanonamouse.net

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”