a few good pharmacies????

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
thighlander
udonmap.com

a few good pharmacies????

Post by thighlander » April 19, 2018, 1:50 am

any suggestions for good pharmacies near UDRU or Central? I don't like the big chains like Boots/Watsons, but the small ones can have prices all over the map, and they really should use aircon. Saw one charging 12 TUB for a five baht package of mosquito repellent. I had the extra seven baht, but something tells me they are high in other stuff. Tramadol for 10 each? Was 3.5 in Chiang Mai....Thanks in advance!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: a few good pharmacies????

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2018, 7:07 am

Forte which is on the ring road before you get to the junction where you turn left for Nong Bua Lumphu and right to go to Nong Khai is about the best I’ve found. They’ve always had everything I’m looking for and are cheaper than the small pharmacies I’ve been to. Highly recommend them.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 19, 2018, 8:05 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2018, 7:07 am
Forte which is on the ring road before you get to the junction where you turn left for Nong Bua Lumphu and right to go to Nong Khai is about the best I’ve found. They’ve always had everything I’m looking for and are cheaper than the small pharmacies I’ve been to. Highly recommend them.
Does Forte have flea and tick medication for dogs? Someone told me this, but seems odd that a pharmacy would carry these. I did try calling a number listed for them on the internet but no one ever answered.

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » April 19, 2018, 8:07 am

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » April 19, 2018, 8:12 am

Somboon, off Posri Road, near the market.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » April 19, 2018, 10:26 am

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Bun ... authuser=0

Between Fountain Circle and Clock Circle. Their prices are almost half what I've found at other pharmacies in Udon Thani.

=====

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/%E0 ... authuser=0

I've also used this one. They have hard-to-find items, but they're not my first choice.

=====

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Som ... authuser=0

Somboon Pharmacy -- probably same referenced by Faraday. I've had excellent results here, too. Wide range of products and very fair prices.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2018, 11:20 am

Yes Tutone, they have tick and flea medication, I’ve had my dogs on it for a while now and it works great. They have 2, one for small dogs and one for large, it’s extremely cheap compared to Frontline etc and I think it works better.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » April 19, 2018, 12:32 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2018, 7:07 am
Yes Forte are very good.Just one thing I find weird is the prices they quote as they walk around with you then at the checkout they discount (which is great)
Voiceover for hire.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 19, 2018, 1:01 pm

The Pharmacy directly across from Ban Huay market is very good if you are interested in good English speaking help.
The wife is from the Philippines and speaks very fluent English. The daughter speaks English as well as her mother. The father speaks good English for a Thai.

It is very easy to explain what you want. In addition, if wanted, they will print a full computer generated receipt which is handy for Insurance Companies that reimburse some costs

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 19, 2018, 1:10 pm

In my case Forte were not the cheaper alternative for my medication, my pharmacy was cheaper. If I only had one packet to buy then I would not have worried about the slightly higher cost at Forte. My medication is a daily dose so went back to my pharmacy. She has kept the same price for 2 years. She speaks English and can order what ever you need. It is on the road leading out from town to the Nong Khai ring road junction, on the left up past the market and next to a bank, where all the lottery tickets are on the footpath.
But Forte did have the cheaper price for a quality blood pressure unit.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 20, 2018, 5:38 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2018, 11:20 am
Yes Tutone, they have tick and flea medication, I’ve had my dogs on it for a while now and it works great. They have 2, one for small dogs and one for large, it’s extremely cheap compared to Frontline etc and I think it works better.
Thanks for the reply.

Dixie Dean

Post by Dixie Dean » April 20, 2018, 5:56 pm

Opposite the market. Speak English, Cheap and the only place I could find that stocked all the medicine I need after having stents fitted.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4163597 ... psrc=apiv3

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 14, 2020, 10:55 am

i had an older neighbor ask me to drive him to
pharmacy the other night. chest-pain-angina kind
of scary stuff. after stopping at literally (3) places
with staff( that weren't pharmacists) and didn't have what he wanted anyway. i think we ended up
at " somboon" by serendipitous accident. there's
even a heart clinic 50m down st. girl pointed out
yep, posri rd. i'll have to go check names

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 19, 2021, 3:17 pm

Thanks to FrazeeDK for pointing out the operating days for the Tanapol Pharmacy, just before Global House on the ring road (closed Wednesdays). Funny thing about this pharmacy.....no visible sign out front with their name, and nothing much other than yellow pages listing on the internet....that I can find. I don't buy much medicine.....the most expensive a 30 day supply of Sandoz. Last time I bought some, at PF Pharmacy (because I thought Tanapol was closed down) in Central it cost 750 Baht. I remember thinking that was on the high side.......maybe 40 or 50 Baht higher......but today bought another 30 day supply at Tanapol.....same stuff, 490 Baht.

ร้านขายยา ธนพลเภสัช

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 20, 2021, 3:33 pm

There are many mopre Pharmacies available , the trick is to find one that deals with your particular medication . The one between Phosri Road and Sirisuk Rd just across from a market with Green doors , is a large well equiped one, with many medications of locallt rto me the pharmacy opposite the lhs 7-11 as you look at it from the main road at Thai Sirir a very educated lady serving understands english and can get you most things.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 20, 2021, 7:14 pm

The guy on Dutsadi road on the Ban Huay market intersection has,always been my pharmacy of choice ..

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » October 20, 2021, 7:49 pm

I second that DM. Guy, his wife and daughter all speak perfect English. If he doesn't have it he will get it for you.
Also the only place that gives me a complete itemized receipt for my insurance.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » November 27, 2021, 3:16 pm

A +1 for Tanapol Pharmacy near Global House, I've been in NongKhai for twelve years and have tried about all of them here, unless it's just something small I just make the drive.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 27, 2021, 3:54 pm

Another one is FORTE out by the airport

https://www.google.com/maps/place/FORTE ... 02.7536275

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 25, 2022, 4:39 pm

My trip to Udon today to get my vaccine booster wasn't totally wasted, as I also needed to stock up on Allopurinol (for gout).

I usually buy a box of 500 tablets, which lasts nearly 1.5 years. My previous two times have been at the pharmacy over, and up the road a bit from the Ban Huay market (not the one on the corner). First time, price was under THB500, last time TBH750 reduced to 700 when I raised my eyebrows at the huge (50%) increase.

Today, at the place mentioned above near Global - THB300. =D>

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”