Where to buy imported Timber

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
christiemln
udonmap.com

Where to buy imported Timber

Post by christiemln » May 28, 2018, 2:53 pm

Looking to buy some timber for building a roof over my decking. Looking for some 4 x 4, 8 x 2 or 10 x 2. Is there anywhere in Udon that sells imported timber, I would rather use that than the local Thai timber.

Cheers,

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Where to buy imported Timber

Post by vincemunday » August 14, 2018, 7:32 pm

Was in DoHome today and they have 6 x 1 boards of white wood, not too knotty and not too bent, with a bit of love and attention they could look quite nice.

Forgot to say, it was only 397 baht a board too!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 15, 2018, 9:54 am

christiemln wrote:
May 28, 2018, 2:53 pm
Looking to buy some timber for building a roof over my decking. Looking for some 4 x 4, 8 x 2 or 10 x 2. Is there anywhere in Udon that sells imported timber, I would rather use that than the local Thai timber.

Cheers,
The wood merchant on Thannon Nittayo that's about 3km ~ 6km outside the ring road on the right hand side just beside a U-turn, certainly sells imported wood, I've purchased imported wood there because of the colour.

But why do you specially want imported timber? Also what species of wood do you want?

You do realise that it's going to be more expensive than steel don't you?
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on August 15, 2018, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 15, 2018, 3:34 pm

Sometimewoodworker, might be bit of a silly question but have you seen a staircase jig since you've been here? I can rout one out if I have to but obv easier if I can buy one here.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 15, 2018, 6:13 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 15, 2018, 3:34 pm
Sometimewoodworker, might be bit of a silly question but have you seen a staircase jig since you've been here? I can rout one out if I have to but obv easier if I can buy one here.
Well no questions are really very silly, but your chances are somewhere between "fat" and "no" sorry.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”