Ex US army Parker.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
richard-px1
udonmap.com

Ex US army Parker.

Post by richard-px1 » December 11, 2019, 10:44 am

Morning guys on this chilly morning.
As I know there a lot of ex US service members who live in udon I wonder if anyone know of a shop that sells ex US army Parker coats.?
Cheers.Richard

dick,p

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Ex US army Parker.

Post by parrot » December 11, 2019, 11:13 am

On Taharn Rd, as you're heading toward the ring road, just up from the Wing 23 gate but on opposite side, there's a store that sells Army clothing.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 11, 2019, 2:28 pm

On a quick n dirty google search, JN Army Shop is maybe out beside Prachak Silpakhom Camp (Nong Sung?) according to their FB page. Maybe call first and check? Number on FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/JNArmyShop/

Otherwise, there's Junglecamp, a single storey shop which is on opposite side of Thongyai (UD Town road) from McDonalds, about 50 m in from the traffic lights at Phosri T-junction.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZtuocTNdCu22iRDH7

I have seen parkas, combat pants, fatigues and other stuff in there.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 11, 2019, 11:33 pm

If for use in Udon area, didn't think it got that cold for a Parka (Parker?) coat, even with recent cold spell. Maybe an old Field Jacket with liner cold if that

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2019, 10:34 am

Stantheman wrote:
December 11, 2019, 11:33 pm
If for use in Udon area, didn't think it got that cold for a Parka (Parker?) coat, even with recent cold spell. Maybe an old Field Jacket with liner cold if that
Unless you're riding a motorbike maybe? The wind that's accompanying this cold spell is doubly wicked on bikers.

MY USMC field jacket works great in and about the yard and driving around in the sports lorry but the Helly-Hansen duvet-lined, semi-arctic slumber jacket is a must for 2-wheeling before mid-morning.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » December 14, 2019, 11:42 pm

genuine ex army or usaf parkas are worth a fortune if they're the real thing so buy all you can and sell em on uk ebay as its all copys on there these days and the real thing is good money .i havent seen genuine parkas for long time :shock:
the only good Tory is a lavatory

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 16, 2019, 11:00 am

yartims wrote:
December 14, 2019, 11:42 pm
genuine ex army or usaf parkas are worth a fortune if they're the real thing so buy all you can and sell em on uk ebay as its all copys on there these days and the real thing is good money .i havent seen genuine parkas for long time :shock:
I bought mine at an army surplus/military regalia/coffee shop down Sukhumvit Highway 3, south of Pattaya, opposite the marina. Interesting place with all sorts of stuff including bits of dashboards from aircraft and other avionics. They've also got flight suits which make great 'winter' work coveralls for the smaller-framed guy. All genuine in that the sizes are true 'farang sized' and unsurprisingly, there's more Russian kit appearing on the racks and shelves. They were asking 1000 baht for my desert combat coat which was probably already a bargain but I knocked them down to 800 baht.

If anyone is visiting Pattaya and fancies a browse and a coffee, I recommend the place.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”