Fresh shelling peas.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
mackat
udonmap.com
Posts: 36
Joined: May 22, 2018, 9:58 am

Fresh shelling peas.

Post by mackat » August 10, 2020, 11:36 am

I have tried everywhere in Udon but every market only has them with tiny peas inside. I am looking for more mature peas in the pod.



dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1408
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by dunroaming » August 10, 2020, 11:39 am

Have bought them before in Tesco big c and makro maybe depends on season

mackat
udonmap.com
Posts: 36
Joined: May 22, 2018, 9:58 am

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by mackat » August 10, 2020, 11:42 am

Nothing available in these places either.

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by AlexO » August 10, 2020, 9:54 pm

We grow them on our land for home use only. But they are currently out of season just now. Best bet is the frozen ones available in the larger outlets previously mentioned if only the pea's you are looking for.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3043
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by papafarang » August 11, 2020, 5:17 am

Avoid makro brand ,only good for use in pea shooters ,Tally's are the best
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by AlexO » August 11, 2020, 11:57 am

papafarang wrote:
August 11, 2020, 5:17 am
Avoid makro brand ,only good for use in pea shooters ,Tally's are the best
Who are Tally's Dean?

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3043
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by papafarang » August 12, 2020, 12:57 am

AlexO wrote:
August 11, 2020, 11:57 am
papafarang wrote:
August 11, 2020, 5:17 am
Avoid makro brand ,only good for use in pea shooters ,Tally's are the best
Who are Tally's Dean?
New Zealand brand ,makro sell them .I think 79b kg
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 625
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by joepai » August 12, 2020, 2:45 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 12, 2020, 12:57 am
AlexO wrote:
August 11, 2020, 11:57 am
papafarang wrote:
August 11, 2020, 5:17 am
Avoid makro brand ,only good for use in pea shooters ,Tally's are the best
Who are Tally's Dean?
New Zealand brand ,makro sell them .I think 79b kg
And Villa
Tally's.jpg
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1408
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by dunroaming » August 12, 2020, 3:04 pm

These are seriously good and tasty not the usual ball bearing type normally sold here.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3043
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by papafarang » August 12, 2020, 4:57 pm

dunroaming wrote:
August 12, 2020, 3:04 pm
These are seriously good and tasty not the usual ball bearing type normally sold here.
The ones I use for Sunday lunch ,taste great even without horseradish sauce :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1408
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by dunroaming » August 12, 2020, 5:04 pm

But now you know cheese to meet you sell catering pack sizes of horseradish sauce it shouldn't be an issue this Sunday and will move the peas from great to delicious 😀. I expect will be next to the pork pies 😂

minimiglia
udonmap.com
Posts: 439
Joined: January 31, 2017, 10:24 am

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by minimiglia » August 13, 2020, 7:24 am

Best in my opinion are Birds Eye available in villa all the others taste wrong

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7018
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by tamada » August 13, 2020, 9:09 am

dunroaming wrote:
August 12, 2020, 5:04 pm
But now you know cheese to meet you sell catering pack sizes of horseradish sauce it shouldn't be an issue this Sunday and will move the peas from great to delicious 😀. I expect will be next to the pork pies 😂
Cool! Now everyone can BYOHS.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7018
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by tamada » August 13, 2020, 9:14 am

I got a pack of Logan Farms frozen peas at C2MY a month back. From New Zealand and decent taste.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3043
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by papafarang » August 13, 2020, 10:00 am

tamada wrote:
August 13, 2020, 9:09 am
dunroaming wrote:
August 12, 2020, 5:04 pm
But now you know cheese to meet you sell catering pack sizes of horseradish sauce it shouldn't be an issue this Sunday and will move the peas from great to delicious 😀. I expect will be next to the pork pies 😂
Cool! Now everyone can BYOHS.
:lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1408
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by dunroaming » August 13, 2020, 10:34 am

So now we need to bring our own peas too FFS 😅

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3043
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by papafarang » August 13, 2020, 1:29 pm

dunroaming wrote:
August 13, 2020, 10:34 am
So now we need to bring our own peas too FFS 😅
If you want birds eye then yes :lol: ,horseradish now available :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1408
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by dunroaming » August 13, 2020, 8:34 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 13, 2020, 1:29 pm
dunroaming wrote:
August 13, 2020, 10:34 am
So now we need to bring our own peas too FFS 😅
If you want birds eye then yes :lol: ,horseradish now available :lol:
What a out English mustard? Bird's eye no thanks your peas are good enough for me but I'm not fussy 😃

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1408
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by dunroaming » August 13, 2020, 9:18 pm

dunroaming wrote:
August 13, 2020, 8:34 pm
papafarang wrote:
August 13, 2020, 1:29 pm
dunroaming wrote:
August 13, 2020, 10:34 am
So now we need to bring our own peas too FFS 😅
If you want birds eye then yes :lol: ,horseradish now available :lol:
What a out English mustard? Bird's eye no thanks your peas are good enough for me but I'm not fussy 😃
Only joking mate having chicken this week and cranberry sauce you do have cranberry sauce don't you?

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3043
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Fresh shelling peas.

Post by papafarang » August 13, 2020, 9:22 pm

dunroaming wrote:
August 13, 2020, 9:18 pm
dunroaming wrote:
August 13, 2020, 8:34 pm
papafarang wrote:
August 13, 2020, 1:29 pm
dunroaming wrote:
August 13, 2020, 10:34 am
So now we need to bring our own peas too FFS 😅
If you want birds eye then yes :lol: ,horseradish now available :lol:
What a out English mustard? Bird's eye no thanks your peas are good enough for me but I'm not fussy 😃
Only joking mate having chicken this week and cranberry sauce you do have cranberry sauce don't you?
Actually no. You can have apple,blueberry, strawberry .cranberries are so last season
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Post Reply

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”