Where to Buy a Lawn Mower?

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
mseely
udonmap.com

Where to Buy a Lawn Mower?

Post by mseely » November 12, 2020, 8:49 am

Where can I buy good quality, gas powered, push-type lawn mower please? I live in Nong Khai. Thank you.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Where to Buy a Lawn Mower?

Post by Niggly » November 12, 2020, 9:03 am

I bought a gas propelled mower from DoHome about 6 months ago & can’t fault it.
Honda GX160 motor with a Sakari chassis & 21” blade. Can’t fault it.

ToolPro didn’t carry these in stock & would order it but they wanted all money up front & a 4 week waiting time. DoHome was off the shelf & 2200 baht cheaper. They had plenty of other models to choose from as well
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 12, 2020, 9:07 am

Having had a lawn mower for over 16 years, I can tell you that it is the spares that are difficult to source, things wear out , was once told to buy a new mower as cannot repair, eventually found a source and the old mower looking battered and bent , still works . So whatever you buy, make sure you can source renewables including replacement parts of required and the sellers will assure you no problem, they say that with crossed fingers behind their backs.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 12, 2020, 9:20 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 12, 2020, 9:07 am
Having had a lawn mower for over 16 years, I can tell you that it is the spares that are difficult to source, things wear out , was once told to buy a new mower as cannot repair, eventually found a source and the old mower looking battered and bent , still works . So whatever you buy, make sure you can source renewables including replacement parts of required and the sellers will assure you no problem, they say that with crossed fingers behind their backs.
So no actual advice on where to buy a mower as asked by the OP?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 12, 2020, 9:27 am

mseely

I sent you a private message With info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 12, 2020, 9:57 am

Niggly wrote:
November 12, 2020, 9:20 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Look you idiot, Mowers are for sale in most large Home Improvement centres and a few shops p in the town, you makes your choice, I was offering advice on after sales service which to most people is as important, but not you you want a Address, name of the Manufacturer plus what it is like, A lawn mower is a lawn mower, maintaining it is often difficult here. Okay satisfied or are you looking for another idiotic battle because as usual you think yopu are right. Go back to being an OIK and shut up

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 12, 2020, 10:19 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 12, 2020, 9:57 am

Look you idiot, Mowers are for sale in most large Home Improvement centres and a few shops p in the town, you makes your choice, I was offering advice on after sales service which to most people is as important, but not you you want a Address, name of the Manufacturer plus what it is like, A lawn mower is a lawn mower, maintaining it is often difficult here. Okay satisfied or are you looking for another idiotic battle because as usual you think yopu are right. Go back to being an OIK and shut up
So no actual advice on where to buy a mower as asked by the OP or advice on where to source parts? Way to go champ

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 12, 2020, 11:05 am

mseely wrote:
November 12, 2020, 8:49 am
Where can I buy good quality, gas powered, push-type lawn mower please? I live in Nong Khai. Thank you.
I Guess You've Tried Mega Home then ?? Or Global House out of Town on the Udon Highway ( Opposite Makro ) :-k :-k

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 12, 2020, 1:31 pm

I bought my Briggs & Stratton on Lazada, it's very good.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 12, 2020, 1:54 pm

vincemunday wrote:
November 12, 2020, 1:31 pm
Don’t think this is veering too far off the original topic, I’m genuinely interested.

Is it self propelled or push along, what is the blade width & was it LazLocal or imported?

Cheers

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 12, 2020, 2:59 pm

Niggly wrote:
November 12, 2020, 1:54 pm
vincemunday wrote:
Don’t think this is veering too far off the original topic, I’m genuinely interested.

Is it self propelled or push along, what is the blade width & was it LazLocal or imported?

Cheers
Lazada about 17inch cut ,self propelled , RAPTOR Briggs & Stratton , best deal around , delivered 4 days ,

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » November 12, 2020, 4:41 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
November 12, 2020, 2:59 pm
Niggly wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

Cheers
Lazada about 17inch cut ,self propelled , RAPTOR Briggs & Stratton , best deal around , delivered 4 days ,
I bought the same mower through Lazada, Raptor Briggs and Stratton 500e 140cc motor, perfect start every time, arrived in 5 or 6 days, c11,000 baht, free shipping.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 12, 2020, 5:12 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 12, 2020, 9:57 am
Niggly wrote:
November 12, 2020, 9:20 am
Khun Paul wrote:
I was going to ask another question, but now I am really frightened as KP will say bad things to me, sorry KP, can I ask one more question?

For self propelled how many litres per 100 km?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 12, 2020, 7:38 pm

Niggly wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

Cheers
Self propelled and my guess is the engine is from the UK but the bodywork who knows,?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 12, 2020, 8:12 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 12, 2020, 5:12 pm
I was going to ask another question, but now I am really frightened as KP will say bad things to me, sorry KP, can I ask one more question?

For self propelled how many litres per 100 km?
I have to confess, it’s a horrible thought of him sitting in his Gunze branded underpants mashing the keyboard with the palm of his hand while wiping the spittle from the screen with the other.

However, I think I can rescue the situation & answer the question.
I recently worked out how far I walked while mowing the lawn, about 3.7km. I then checked the manual for the fuel tank capacity, 1.4 litres & I know if I brim it before I start it’s usually empty when I finish. I make this 2.6km/litre so to answer your question 37.8 litres per 100km.
Naturally, your mileage may vary & so might KP’s 16 year old mower assembled from difficult to source spare parts

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 12, 2020, 9:00 pm

I thought the term would have been kilometerage rather than mileage

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 12, 2020, 9:13 pm

sorry, couldn't help myself on this post......can't pass up an opening like this during the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAyh2xPrFvo

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 13, 2020, 9:29 am

Mosquito wrote:
November 12, 2020, 9:13 pm
sorry, couldn't help myself on this post......can't pass up an opening like this during the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAyh2xPrFvo
Ha ha ha, good see the little fat one doing a lot of exercise will help him to lose some weight maybe........!

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » November 13, 2020, 9:39 am

vincemunday wrote:
November 12, 2020, 7:38 pm
Niggly wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

Cheers
Self propelled and my guess is the engine is from the UK but the bodywork who knows,?
If I remember right the B&S motor was from the US, bodywork probably China..

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 13, 2020, 9:53 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 13, 2020, 9:29 am
Ha ha ha, good see the little fat one doing a lot of exercise will help him to lose some weight maybe........!
Err, what?

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”