English lessons

Where to find instruction in Thai, English and other languages around Udon Thani.
Saminthailand
udonmap.com

English lessons

Post by Saminthailand » June 7, 2018, 9:16 am

Is there a good school teaching English in Udon Thani?

MOD1989

Re: English lessons

Post by MOD1989 » June 8, 2018, 2:21 pm

AUA across from Nong Prajak Park

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 9, 2018, 2:14 pm

I have yet to see a school in Udon that does teach English ........... even my daughters "English" text books are all in American [-X

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 12, 2018, 4:03 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 9, 2018, 2:14 pm
I have yet to see a school in Udon that does teach English ........... even my daughters "English" text books are all in American [-X
DbpkdVwWAAAgWjs.jpg

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 12, 2018, 6:48 pm

The topic of this thread is whether and where there is a good school in Udon to learn English. Off topic posts have been removed. You are welcome to discuss the merits of British English versus American English in another thread.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 13, 2018, 3:02 pm

Learning English is a long game so it's important the pupil gets some motivation or inspiration from the school she or he is attending. There needs to be some kind of gel there. That's bit of a lottery.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » June 14, 2018, 12:20 pm

Udon Map wrote:
June 12, 2018, 6:48 pm
[googlevideo]
The topic of this thread is whether and where there is a good school in Udon to learn English. Off to[/googlevideo]pic posts have been removed. You are welcome to discuss the merits of British English versus American English in another thread.
Really any attempt to respond specifically to the OP's question could only be the responders personal opinion, and therefore of little practical help to the OP. Of course, given the ever widening gap between the two,the preferred choice of the OP, between English or American English, which he wished his child to learn, should be an important factor when making his school selection decision.

The simple answer to the OP's question is that there is little or no difference among the educational institutions in Udonthani, as regards the American text books used, and the standard & qualifications ( :-s ) of the teachers , the greater majority of whom hold the American TEFL, certificate, often obtained here. Interestingly, only a minority have previous English Language teaching experience, prior to coming to Thailand. Also, there is operating in Udonthani what almost amounts to a 'closed shop' as regards the nationality of the teachers obtaining appointments in Udonthani, and it's surroundings. The one exception is a school which, for many years, was remarkably successful, commercially, employing only teachers from the Philippines! :shock: =D>
Be sure to insist on seeing, and checking the authenticity of, the qualifications of the English Teachers, employed at a school, before you make your final decision. Really, if your choice is restricted to Udonthani, all you can do is visit those institutions which suit your pocket, and circumstances, and go with your gut feeling.
If your preference is for your child to be taught by an Engllish Language teacher holding the Cambridge University CTEFLA or Dip.Cambs/CTEFLA, then you should make contact with The British Council Head Office, situated in Bangkok, to ascertain which of their branches is most convenient to you, and also obtain details of the costs and dates of the Council's upcoming courses. The British Council use English Texts for it's English Courses.
Hope this proves of some help. You can contact me by pm if you wish. I doubt any responses to this post will be of a nature to which I will be interested in replying! :roll:

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » August 29, 2018, 4:41 pm

I see that AUA at Nong Prajak park are advertising morning classes for adults with something about IELTS for Life Skills A1 to get a UK visa for the other half. Apart from that, it might be a good way of getting the missus out of the house for a few hours a week. LOL

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 29, 2018, 5:23 pm

Attachments
Capture.JPG

Return to “Language Instruction in Udon Thani”