RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Post by jackspratt » December 30, 2019, 11:25 am

I have an email from Roojai in November, confirming they have covered me for the coming 12 months, but as I turn 70 mid-year, will not cover me after Nov 2020.

So after 70, you need to look for a new insurer.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 30, 2019, 9:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 30, 2019, 11:25 am
I have an email from Roojai in November, confirming they have covered me for the coming 12 months, but as I turn 70 mid-year, will not cover me after Nov 2020.

If you are single, it's the only option. However, I recall that some guys have got their (younger) wife down as the primary driver and they manage to get coverage on the same policy when listed as the additional driver. May be an option for some?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 30, 2019, 9:44 pm

You can probably get a policy under your wife's name - but if you have a prang while you are driving, not covered.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 31, 2019, 1:25 am

jackspratt wrote:
December 30, 2019, 11:25 am

70 ,, 70 ... you must ov had an easy life Jack,, u dont look a day over 68.

back on topic .. You get what you pay for ..Virayah has always been the insurer of choice for DM .. and my broker lives n Adunyadhet rd , Mr Joe .. superb service for many years , he gives agent discounts from the main quote and his office is full of really top totty.

DM

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 3, 2020, 4:52 am

Hoopoe wrote:
December 30, 2019, 11:02 am
Barney
They know my age. 65 .They have all the details regarding the truck.
As far as I can see it's not much better than 3rd party insurance. The only difference is to have a claim on your vehicle you have to hit someones vehicle or someones vehicle hit you
No I didn't phone them. I'd sooner trust what is written than someone's verbals...what is written is what a claim is based on. Not what was said.
just like any sales person they'll say what they think you want to hear.
please accept my apology , on this post , i have now found that the original site that i looked at regarding this insurance ,would not allow me to look at further info re the 3rd party ,named /un named drivers etc , coverage on your vehicle , , med expenses ,with the options to increase the med cover ,etc , now being able to see all the cover .
so basically i was wrong in my assessment .
also the collision with anything other than vehicles is not covered still stands but then this is number 2 insurance .
so on that basis it seems i'm about to accept it ,

Return to “Insurance”