AA Insurance Brokers (Sponsor)

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 15, 2013, 11:19 am

Looking for insurance? You need it here in Thailand just as much as, perhaps more than, you do at home. Call them for all your insurance needs. Check out their website: http://www.AAInsure.net.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 18, 2013, 8:58 pm

Mod Note: Please note this originally posted by bumper. Please respond in kind to him concerning his question. My apologies for not moving this thread correctly.

Posted by bumper » August 18, 2013, 11:55 am
AA Insurance brokers a question for you.With AIA do you have to include a whole life Policy to get medical coverage?

The wife was paying 13K per annum age 39

We discussed two policies with Bangkok Hospital one the Bupa Platinum plan one million coverage, the other Diamond Plan 700K coverage. We included a accident rider/

Platinum was 27,734 baht per year.

Diamond was 16,453 Baht per year.

We opted for Diamond.

We checked the room rates in hospital Dr visits visits, medications.

Two areas where the Diamond plan might be a little light were the Dr. visits if consultation was required.

The other was surgery it allows 70K for the surgeon, we compared that to appendix surgery. That was far more then required for that procedure.

AA Insurance I want to be fair your more then welcome to do a comparable quote if you wish.

For the Op to get medical insurance in Thailand you have to include life insurance, from all the research I have done.

I questioned it a you have as well.

The reason we added the accident rider. Bupa will cut your coverage by 50% for a motorcycle accident. We do a lot of tour riding so worth 2k a year to us.

I thought the bike insurance would give you 15K. I'm told that has been raised to 50K now?

So the coverage difference was about 1500 baht for the standard Diamond plan per year.

My last co pay for the wife was 28K baht.

If there was better coverage available through AIA, the agent didn't inform me. Is there a probability of language problems of course. Our agent's as answer was to go to Wattana, nothing against Wattana. But I prefer Bangkok Hopsital.

Bangkok Hospital accepts AIA with no deposit required a it will BUPA.

We will finalize this in the coming week.

I welcome an apples to apples, comparison.

Hopefully I'm being fair in this.

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » August 19, 2013, 7:05 am

Note sure where to start but lets try –

AIA : this insurance company is a Life insurance company and that is all they can legally sell (they only have a Life License). However to get around that they sell a Life policy with a medical “rider”. I am not a fan of this as I believe each type of insurance should stand by themselves i.e. if you want Life the buy a Life policy (note : do not buy Life insurance from a Thai company as very expensive).

BUPA Platinum : this is a reasonable plan but note the 2m coverage is only 30,624 Baht so well worth the extra 3,000 Baht.
It is worth noting that 1m Baht of full coverage does not go that far these days.
However if one is happy with 1m Baht then we can offer other companies full payment plans for less and better coverage, example 1.5m Baht of cover for 27,153 Baht

BUPA Diamond (and all low cost basic plans in general). As always you get what you pay for and the reason the premium is lower than a full payment plan is because they will only pay out part of the cost and you pay the rest – the percentages paid out you can see in the appendix surgery list.

Medical insurance is always a difficult subject and our personal budgets always have to be considered but the rule of thumb is always buy the best you can afford.

Anyone who would like to talk about Medical (or any other type of insurance) please feel free to PM me and we can arrange a meeting.

www.aainsure.net

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 19, 2013, 10:50 am

Thanks excellent post. We went with Diamond at the moment as it fits or needs and we went over the billing costs per item of coverage with Bangkok Hospital. Your response as to AIA. explains a lot.

Platinum is better no doubt about it. But, we will be covered by both companies till October, May consider an upgrade at that point.

One last question have they upgraded the liability coverage on the standard motorcycle. coverage at registration form 15K to 50 K?

At Age 66 million ain't gong take care of business. I moved to April Asia a French company. Not cheap but the exclusions on the Bupa plans left a lot to be desired in that age frame. Gaurenteed renewable for life. At age 66 to 70 96K baht for year. But it it simply covers more of the things that you are more then likely to encounter in older age I had Bupa Platinum 1 million for 10 years.

As you get older I would think you may have think differently.

Again thanks excellent post
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » August 19, 2013, 2:28 pm

CTPL (Compulsory Third Party Liability) - Government insurance.
As you can expect from something that only costs a few Baht you get very little, basically worthless but you have to have unfortunately for the Road Tax.

Benefits :
Driver
Medical Expense : 15,000 Baht
Loss of Life : 35,000 Baht (Driver can claim back another 165,500 baht (or rather their beneficiary can) if it can be provided that you are a right party.)

Third party and Passenger
Medical Expense : 50,000 Baht / Person
Loss of Life : 200,000 Baht / Person

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 19, 2013, 3:16 pm

Thanks do you handle casualty insurance as well?
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » August 20, 2013, 10:36 am

bumper wrote:Thanks do you handle casualty insurance as well?
We should be able to offer all types of insurances - depending on the levels expected.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 20, 2013, 12:40 pm

Thanks I will get back to you when the car and house needed again.

gauravsinghh12

Post by gauravsinghh12 » August 28, 2013, 2:56 pm

Insurance brokers are mediator between clients and insurance businesses. Clients may be either individuals or commercial associations and organizations. They have depth knowledge about the insurance market and what policies are suitable for the client.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » January 26, 2014, 8:55 am

Peter how can I send pm as website won't let me complete a house ins quote form & my email reply to you also failed to get to you
Thanks

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » January 27, 2014, 11:57 am

vidmaster wrote:Peter how can I send pm as website won't let me complete a house ins quote form & my email reply to you also failed to get to you
Thanks

Please fee free to email me direct : [email protected]

Return to “Insurance”