Average cost for buying a puppy

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
ugotguts
udonmap.com

Post by ugotguts » April 6, 2015, 10:49 am

Hi all

I never buy a dog or a puppy before. May I know how much it cost for buying a puppy and where is a good place to get it?

Many thanks in advance :)

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » April 6, 2015, 10:51 am

ugotguts wrote:Hi all

I never buy a dog or a puppy before. May I know how much it cost for buying a puppy and where is a good place to get it?

Many thanks in advance :)
get a free 1 from the village there are plenty about , no charge .

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » April 6, 2015, 10:58 am

If you are coming to Udon for only 3 months what are you going to do with the puppy? And rental condo not the best place to keep a puppy if the landlord will allow it in the first place.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

ugotguts
udonmap.com

Post by ugotguts » April 6, 2015, 11:02 am

I like your reply.. will they give me a free and clean puppy? hmmm...

ugotguts
udonmap.com

Post by ugotguts » April 6, 2015, 11:04 am

merchant seaman wrote:If you are coming to Udon for only 3 months what are you going to do with the puppy? And rental condo not the best place to keep a puppy if the landlord will allow it in the first place.
Obviously the puppy is not for me... well... ;)

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 6, 2015, 11:26 am

ugotguts wrote:I like your reply.. will they give me a free and clean puppy? hmmm...
Doubt it,But All you've got to do is Buy the Shampoo, Flea & Tick Powder & Get it Vacinated against........EVERYTHING !! :lol: :lol:

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 6, 2015, 11:56 am

I hope the puppy come dog isn't a gift, to often dogs are given tp people who don't want them, they then end up at the temple or soi dogs, remember a dog is your friend for fifteen years!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 6, 2015, 12:05 pm

'Pedigree' puppies - are between 3K to 5K baht each. Always for sale at the night market as well as a couple of pet shops near there.
Unfortunately they are mainly bred as a business (rather than pets reproducing) with zero regard for their suitability for the climate in Udon.
As others have said a better way forward is probably to get a puppy from a native village dog - for free...

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » April 6, 2015, 12:16 pm

ugotguts wrote:I like your reply.. will they give me a free and clean puppy? hmmm...
Which breed tickles yer fancy then :-k

ugotguts
udonmap.com

Post by ugotguts » April 6, 2015, 12:20 pm

pomps wrote:
Which breed tickles yer fancy then :-k
I am no dog expert.. probably need to look around. As I mentioned, the dog is not for me, rather it is a gift.
Guess I will have to look around.

ugotguts
udonmap.com

Post by ugotguts » April 6, 2015, 2:11 pm

hmmm... somehow... i am starting not to be able to understand what is happening .. :? :? :?

i really need to read up more on puppies.

Mod Note
Some childish off topic comments removed

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 6, 2015, 2:42 pm

That's a how long is a piece of string question. As there is no such thing as an average puppy there can be no average price.I was interested in getting a German Shepard pup a little while ago. Whilst looking around the quality of the animals on offer ranged from very poor, shouldn't have been on sale, to not too bad. The price asked varied from 5k to 25k. These were just pet quality really not suitable for breeding from .As someone else mentioned, unfortunately over here most dogs are bred for making money with a complete disregard for the future welfare of the breed .Many so called "breeding kennels"are no more than just puppy farms .
This link to a previous associated topic may be of help.I am not sure if the police kennels have any dogs for rehoming at this time though .http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/g ... 16485.html
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » April 6, 2015, 2:49 pm

If you choose, or anyone, chooses to buy a pup from the night market area be warned I have bought 3 from there over the years and all 3 had parvo virus.
My suggestion would be to know a good vet before buying and arrange to bring the dog straight to them for a few days quarantine. The sooner the dog is diagnosed and treated for parvo the greater the chances of survival are

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 6, 2015, 3:34 pm

or go through a few Buddhists Wats where people dump the dogs and cats they don't want. I've seen what look like some purebreds occasionally dumped in the temple behind my house. The monks would be more than happy to let you choose any of them for free... After you get it, then some costs will come in for getting the animal wormed and vaccinated against rabies but that'll be less than 3-400 baht..
Dave

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » April 6, 2015, 5:42 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:or go through a few Buddhists Wats where people dump the dogs and cats they don't want. I've seen what look like some purebreds occasionally dumped in the temple behind my house. The monks would be more than happy to let you choose any of them for free... After you get it, then some costs will come in for getting the animal wormed and vaccinated against rabies but that'll be less than 3-400 baht..
the OP would probably be taking the pup back to the wat when he's through with it, sounds like he is looking for a disposable puppy :oops:

ugotguts
udonmap.com

Post by ugotguts » April 6, 2015, 6:21 pm

ting_tong wrote:
FrazeeDK wrote:or go through a few Buddhists Wats where people dump the dogs and cats they don't want. I've seen what look like some purebreds occasionally dumped in the temple behind my house. The monks would be more than happy to let you choose any of them for free... After you get it, then some costs will come in for getting the animal wormed and vaccinated against rabies but that'll be less than 3-400 baht..
the OP would probably be taking the pup back to the wat when he's through with it, sounds like he is looking for a disposable puppy :oops:
is a gift for someone... oh well.. s

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » April 6, 2015, 11:39 pm

Boo Boo has just had 10 pups (Fila Brasileiro) (10,000 B a pup kennel club registered)

But only to go to responsible homes, Fila's are not a breed for your average pet owner.... [-X
(Guaranteed no one uninvited will get through your gate) :lol:

Fila Brasileiro
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/filabrasileiro.htm

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » April 7, 2015, 7:20 am

monkeyman wrote:Boo Boo has just had 10 pups (Fila Brasileiro) (10,000 B a pup kennel club registered)

But only to go to responsible homes, Fila's are not a breed for your average pet owner.... [-X
(Guaranteed no one uninvited will get through your gate) :lol:

Fila Brasileiro
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/filabrasileiro.htm

if that dogs just given birth to 10 pups , i,d have loved to have seen the birth ( with a " pecker " like that ) :-"

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » April 7, 2015, 7:30 am

ok ok so my grammar not so good secondry school education and all that :lol:

here is the mum '

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 7, 2015, 8:29 am

[quote="monkeyman"]ok ok so my grammar not so good secondry school education and all that :lol:

here is the mum '

Monkeyman

PM sent to your inbox

Return to “Pet Services”