Vet by the Airport

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
TheMoon
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: April 24, 2018, 9:43 pm

Vet by the Airport

Post by TheMoon » April 24, 2018, 9:52 pm

I went to the vet today to ask about my dogs inoculations. I took her card with me from the UK showed them what she needs to be given. After looking at the card the vet, not the receptionist, the actual vet said "oh I must give this to her three times!". Quite obviously I told her no, she doesn't need to inoculate the dog three times and was met with a question "two?", to which I answered no, she doesn't need to be inoculated twice either, the worrying thing was that she was quite jubilant when she eventually worked out it only needed to be done the once. I'm not sure if you can over do the inoculations but I'm not terribly happy at what happened here.

Has this been an isolated incident that would be bad enough but we've been having few problems with the dog licking the fur off of her leg, this same vet advised me that it wasn't mange, thank god, but gave me some vitamins and a spray, this happened twice and there was no improvement at all. After the second visit, my wife took the matter into he own hands and used alcohol to clean the area and sprayed it with iodine and hey presto the condition was cured.

So, to summarise, twice I've been to this vet and twice I've not been that happy, has anyone used them and can anyone recommend a vet that actually knows what they are doing?



User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 2034
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by vincemunday » April 25, 2018, 7:05 am

Odd this one, it's my post from a while back, I've no idea who Themoon is but hey whatever. If anyone is looking for a decent vet, I highly recommend AEC vetinary surgeons opposite Big C Nadee, they've inoculated my dogs properly, they've cleared up the bald patch on my Dobies leg and saved my puppy Soi dog from Parvovirus, they're very cheap too, my puppy goes in for spaying soon and I've been quoted 2500 baht.
Just one week until we regain our Independence! Get the tissues ready for the remoaners...

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1497
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by kopkei » April 25, 2018, 8:18 am

what the dog of themoon need is a the yearly mixed vaccin (5in1) , prices 200-280 baht ...
and normal price spaying dog or cat is between 600-1.200 baht ...as info .. ;)

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9332
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by parrot » April 25, 2018, 10:27 am

There's an abundance of good vets in Udon these days. AEC seems to be one of the ones that gets good reviews from the expat community......fixing, shots, grooming, or time to put down (at their discretion).

User avatar
Charlieb
udonmap.com
Posts: 758
Joined: January 18, 2007, 4:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by Charlieb » April 25, 2018, 11:20 am

Dogs maybe OK, but if you have a cat be careful.
Our cat was recently diagnosed with cancer which probably is incurable. We took her to the cancer specialist in Bangkok. He said if he were to remove the tumor there is about an 80% chance it will return.

What he said next is shocking! He said most of these types of cancer are caused by the rabies vaccination. He said he always injects in the leg in case of cancer so he could amputate the leg if need be. Our cat was injected in her body.

See this:
https://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/ca ... ne_sarcoma

BluSliver60
udonmap.com
Posts: 13
Joined: March 7, 2018, 8:30 am

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by BluSliver60 » April 26, 2018, 1:59 pm

parrot wrote:
April 25, 2018, 10:27 am
There's an abundance of good vets in Udon these days. AEC seems to be one of the ones that gets good reviews from the expat community......fixing, shots, grooming, or time to put down (at their discretion).
Hi I also agree that AEC Vets in my opinion are competent, caring and gentle and speak relatively good English. I have 2 small dogs and they are well cared for, vacations, flea treatment every 3 months, had a problem with skin infection for 1 dog was given medicine and a topical lotion, cleared up within a week. And they do a good job with grooming as well. So yes I am happy with there service. I used to take them to a vet prior to AEC very bad care so I changed and I am a happy customer.

Hill65arizona
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: May 11, 2018, 8:22 am

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by Hill65arizona » May 11, 2018, 8:36 am

Can anyone help me...I am looking to buy/ acquire a dog.....can be a puppy,can be a young dog no longer wanted. Lab,Sheppard, retriever.....some type of larger dog.....any info would be helpful. I live near Seka but often come to Udon Thani.

Thanks,
Cliff

User avatar
Tracechain
udonmap.com
Posts: 206
Joined: June 25, 2011, 3:38 pm
Location: The number to call is BR549.

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by Tracechain » May 12, 2018, 5:07 am

Hill65arizona wrote:
May 11, 2018, 8:36 am
Can anyone help me...I am looking to buy/ acquire a dog.....can be a puppy,can be a young dog no longer wanted. Lab,Sheppard, retriever.....some type of larger dog.....any info would be helpful. I live near Seka but often come to Udon Thani.

Thanks,
Cliff
You can get delivered to the airport many different kinds of breeds but pricey. Look them up at Perfect Pedigree Thailand. They are in Chiang Mai. Come with first rounds of shots with associated paperwork and have been microchipped.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9332
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by parrot » April 1, 2019, 1:37 pm

Just a reminder to all you pet owners......Songkran closures starting to be posted. AEC closed 13-17 April.

thecroc4
udonmap.com
Posts: 114
Joined: August 30, 2013, 5:04 pm

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by thecroc4 » October 26, 2019, 6:33 am

Hi guys, i just wanted to share my experience with all you pet owners out there about AEC.This happen just last week.

After using AEC for the past 2 years for all 3 of my dogs, I always found them professional and competent, but everytime I had to visit them it was for minor issues,shots, skin problems,wounds etc.
About a month ago I noticed my male dog wasn't eating as much as usual and wasn't as energetic, so we took him to AEC for a checkup.After some examinations and blood tests, I was told my dog was fine that he was just getting older(7 years) and it was normal for golden retrievers to slow down and have less of an appetite at this age.We were given some antibotics for a small wound that he had on his chest. I felt happy knowing my fella was in good health and went home.
After taking him home, for the next 3 weeks he was eating less and less and slowly losing more weight. So back to AEC we went. More tests everything fine, a little anemic, but she told us she wanted to keep him for a night or 2 to watch him as he was getting weak. I asked her was it anything serious and she just smiled and said I'm not sure but that she would know more after monitoring him for 24 hours.
After 24 hours she called my wife saying he was ready to go home. He was eating well and more active.
When I went to collect him I noticed he was a bit disorientated and I asked the vet whats wrong with him?
She sorted of laughed at me and told my wife that hes just a lazy dog and he likes to sleep a lot. I wasnt happy about that answer, so I said hes not lazy hes active for a dog his age and that I was worried about how disorientated he was. She told me not to worry he was fine and all tests show nothing seriously wrong with him.
When I got home ,I took him out of the car, and he walked straight into the gate, I took him inside the house he walked straight into a wall.I said wtf is wrong with him??!! I looked him over and then realised that he was blind.!!! I Called up the vet she said, 'really?? I checked his eyes and they were okay.!
Wtf, how can a vet check a dogs eyes and not see hes blind! After this we watched him closely but he was just sleeping a lot. Ate a little, drank a lot.
About 12 hours later he started whining with pain. This was at 1am in the morning. I knew something was seriously wrong because he was never a dog to cry. After calling about 6 six different "24 hour vets"( non exsistent) we managed to find a vet to answer our call at 2am to stop his pain. That vet sent his blood work to the lab and when the results came back later that day, this vet told my wife he had kidney failure which could have been diagnosed the month previously when i first noticed something wrong with him. He died peacefully a few hours later.
Be warned!
AEC have their own lab.!They dont send your pets bloodwork out to be tested. Its done in house and there is obviously a serious issue with theyre testing facilities! How could they not see my dog had kidney problems! And they checked all major organs when they did the first blood test a month ago!

I have 2 more dogs and I'll never set foot inside AEC's door again!!!
The loss of our dog has devastated both me and my family and the blame lies 100% with AEC!

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 838
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by dunroaming » October 26, 2019, 6:51 am

My boy Jack was only 2 1/2 years old they failed him too, like you never been back and never will again

thecroc4
udonmap.com
Posts: 114
Joined: August 30, 2013, 5:04 pm

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by thecroc4 » October 26, 2019, 7:12 am

Very sorry to hear that dunroaming.This clinic is highly reccommended by the expat community on this forum and people have a right to know that this business is by no means as professional as previously stated.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 877
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by DuiDui49 » October 26, 2019, 9:14 am

Tracechain wrote:
May 12, 2018, 5:07 am
Hill65arizona wrote:
May 11, 2018, 8:36 am
Can anyone help me...I am looking to buy/ acquire a dog.....can be a puppy,can be a young dog no longer wanted. Lab,Sheppard, retriever.....some type of larger dog.....any info would be helpful. I live near Seka but often come to Udon Thani.

Thanks,
Cliff
You can get delivered to the airport many different kinds of breeds but pricey. Look them up at Perfect Pedigree Thailand. They are in Chiang Mai. Come with first rounds of shots with associated paperwork and have been microchipped.
Bought my American Staffordshire Terrier from them.Everything went okey,BUT YOU HAVE TO WAIT BETWEEN 1-3MONTH TO GET THE PEDIGREE PAPERS.They never told me that..Should come whith the dog when i got the dog sent to me,me think..And another thing is i can not visit them and "test"the dog BEFORE i buy the dog.You/I pay top dollar so i would like to have the opportunity to see/meet the dog before i buy it.Other the that i very happy whith their service.The dog sent by air to Udon-Thani.One more thing,i didn't check if the dog had any insurance between Chang Mai-->Udon-Thani...like a flight insurance if something happen while in transit.
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 877
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by DuiDui49 » October 26, 2019, 9:19 am

thecroc4 wrote:
October 26, 2019, 6:33 am
Hi guys, i just wanted to share my experience with all you pet owners out there about AEC.This happen just last week.

After using AEC for the past 2 years for all 3 of my dogs, I always found them professional and competent, but everytime I had to visit them it was for minor issues,shots, skin problems,wounds etc.
About a month ago I noticed my male dog wasn't eating as much as usual and wasn't as energetic, so we took him to AEC for a checkup.After some examinations and blood tests, I was told my dog was fine that he was just getting older(7 years) and it was normal for golden retrievers to slow down and have less of an appetite at this age.We were given some antibotics for a small wound that he had on his chest. I felt happy knowing my fella was in good health and went home.
After taking him home, for the next 3 weeks he was eating less and less and slowly losing more weight. So back to AEC we went. More tests everything fine, a little anemic, but she told us she wanted to keep him for a night or 2 to watch him as he was getting weak. I asked her was it anything serious and she just smiled and said I'm not sure but that she would know more after monitoring him for 24 hours.
After 24 hours she called my wife saying he was ready to go home. He was eating well and more active.
When I went to collect him I noticed he was a bit disorientated and I asked the vet whats wrong with him?
She sorted of laughed at me and told my wife that hes just a lazy dog and he likes to sleep a lot. I wasnt happy about that answer, so I said hes not lazy hes active for a dog his age and that I was worried about how disorientated he was. She told me not to worry he was fine and all tests show nothing seriously wrong with him.
When I got home ,I took him out of the car, and he walked straight into the gate, I took him inside the house he walked straight into a wall.I said wtf is wrong with him??!! I looked him over and then realised that he was blind.!!! I Called up the vet she said, 'really?? I checked his eyes and they were okay.!
Wtf, how can a vet check a dogs eyes and not see hes blind! After this we watched him closely but he was just sleeping a lot. Ate a little, drank a lot.
About 12 hours later he started whining with pain. This was at 1am in the morning. I knew something was seriously wrong because he was never a dog to cry. After calling about 6 six different "24 hour vets"( non exsistent) we managed to find a vet to answer our call at 2am to stop his pain. That vet sent his blood work to the lab and when the results came back later that day, this vet told my wife he had kidney failure which could have been diagnosed the month previously when i first noticed something wrong with him. He died peacefully a few hours later.
Be warned!
AEC have their own lab.!They dont send your pets bloodwork out to be tested. Its done in house and there is obviously a serious issue with theyre testing facilities! How could they not see my dog had kidney problems! And they checked all major organs when they did the first blood test a month ago!

I have 2 more dogs and I'll never set foot inside AEC's door again!!!
The loss of our dog has devastated both me and my family and the blame lies 100% with AEC!
God morning..RIP your dog,i can feel the pain..Have a good day sir and thanks for the heads up.
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 385
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by mech_401 » October 26, 2019, 10:06 am

i wonder if its like so many pharmacies in town
(1) doctor or pharmacist , qualified , educated,
and then , 4-5 other unknowns dressed in smocks

thecroc4
udonmap.com
Posts: 114
Joined: August 30, 2013, 5:04 pm

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by thecroc4 » October 27, 2019, 6:40 am

Thank you DuiDui49.
Yes, Mech_401 , i think you have a point in what you are saying.
If that is the case then this vet should 100%, not be trusted with your pet.

I forgot to mention that the other vet I brought my dog to near his final hours confirmed he was totally blind due to the kidney failure, and she was totally astonished that AEC didnt detect kidney problems in their lab tests.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2901
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by saint » October 27, 2019, 10:28 am

I too am sorry for your loss . If your a dog lover then they are family , and a needless loss is a bitter pill to swallow .
Unfortunately finding a good vet is a lottery here , most would of done a proper blood test at least .
They may appear able at their jobs when it comes to wounds and shots ect , but good luck finding one that can do a proper examination , act on that examination , and make a sick animal well again . :(

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 757
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by pal52 » October 27, 2019, 11:57 am

I stopped using this Vet about 3 years ago after they seemed to use a lot of different Trainee Vets.
They failed to cure a bad skin complaint on my Labrador & after a couple of visits for the same complaint & being offered the same treatment again I asked to see the Qualified Vet.
He was not even in the Surgery.

I now use the Vets on the ring road (Animal Hospital) who always have at least 2 qualified vets in attendance who speak English & cured my Labs skin complaint.
They also cured 2 of my young dogs who got Parvo.
Location

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/%E0 ... 6838?hl=en

thecroc4
udonmap.com
Posts: 114
Joined: August 30, 2013, 5:04 pm

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by thecroc4 » October 27, 2019, 2:15 pm

Thanks Saint, yes as you say it is hard to find a good vet,and to be honest I thought I had found the perfect clinic with AEC but I learnt the hard way that they are not to be trusted, but I'll definitely check out the vet that pal52 just reccommended.
Thank you for the info pal52.

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3056
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by Barney » October 27, 2019, 2:49 pm

thecroc4 wrote:
October 27, 2019, 2:15 pm
Thanks Saint, yes as you say it is hard to find a good vet,and to be honest I thought I had found the perfect clinic with AEC but I learnt the hard way that they are not to be trusted, but I'll definitely check out the vet that pal52 just reccommended.
Thank you for the info pal52.
pal52 is definitely on the money, I would recommend them. Have reated our dogs since pups until they can now no longer attend a vet, they are big and don't take to strangers anymore.
Saved our big boy Singto from a large deadly snake, quick diagnosis and initial first aid treatment by the vet and overnight monitoring at the clinic/hospital by their medical team and all was well by end of next day after a tense wait.
Attachments
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1022.JPG

Post Reply

Return to “Pet Services”