Vet by the Airport

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
thecroc4
udonmap.com

Re: Vet by the Airport

Post by thecroc4 » October 27, 2019, 6:18 pm

Great to hear Barney, glad your dog pulled through. They sound like they know what theyre doing.
I'll definitely be calling over to this clinic and getting my 2 girls a full check up.
Thank you

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Post by marcsarge » October 27, 2019, 7:14 pm

Gary, Sorry to hear about Abby's father. He was a beautiful dog. Hope mother and sister are well. His girl has brought much happiness to our home.

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » October 27, 2019, 7:36 pm

Thanks Marc. Great to hear Abby is still bringing you lots of joy. Her mom and sis are doing great, my daughter stil asks about Abby. I must bring her out to see her soon. :D

garym1959
udonmap.com

Post by garym1959 » October 28, 2019, 9:48 am

I used AEC vet for years for my 4 dogs but never again.

My oldest one was ready to be put down due to hip failure resulting in an inability to get up or walk, took him to AEC and he said "his heart is ok so not put down, he ok" after explaining the distress the dog was in as well as me he refused to do anything.

I took the dog round to the airport vet and the guy there took one look and said "this not good for the dog, he cannot stand" after confirming I was 100% sure I wanted him put down he started the procedure immediately.

So thankful to find a vet that cares more about the animal than his stupid Buddhist belief.

RIP Black

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » October 28, 2019, 10:29 am

Luckily you found a responsible vet , who recognised that your pet was in pain garym1959.
Its heartrending to see a member of your family suffer.
It has been stated that AEC are one of the few vets in Udon who will put your pet to sleep when its neccessary , but that is obviously not the case.

garym1959
udonmap.com

Post by garym1959 » October 28, 2019, 2:22 pm

That was the reason I started using them because I had heard that but when the time came he refused.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » October 31, 2019, 4:05 am

I had no problem with AEC putting my dog down. I believe the female doc is more inclined to perform the deed than the male doctor. She is the one who initially pointed out that this was the most humane course of action based solely upon my dog's age. As an aside, they have always informed me that they do not do blood testing, rather send it out. I've had three different instances where blood work was required and always had to wait four to five hours for results.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 31, 2019, 6:18 am

I normally use the VET near me ( Sakon Nahkon Road) past the PT Garage going towards Nong Khai , however recently one of my dogs developed a tumour on her mammary glands and was advised by her ( the vet ) to use one of the Animal Hospitals, I could not find the one opposite Prajak school on the ring road, so I went all the way to the AEC, efficient and quick, problem solved in 24 hrs. Cost 7k for a full hysterectomy as the tumour was spreading to her reproductive system.

I did confirm that they do put animals to sleep a rare find in Thailand as many will no desp[ite their oath, it seems Budda knows best and allows animals to die in pain . A further poibt was that a bllod test was carried out in house ( a formal test before op I think ) .

Will use Animal hosps only for ops and the final time if required .

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » October 31, 2019, 10:00 am

Tracechain, if they did send your pets bloodwork out, it must have been in the past, because now its 100% done in house, as you only have to wait 10 to 15mins for the results, and as I have said before, theyre lab results are not to be trusted.
If you want to risk your pets health, then that is your choice, I just posted my experience in order to warn you guys.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » November 1, 2019, 5:21 am

For clarification in my mind, the Vet by the airport and AEC are two different establishments. AEC is located directly across from the small Big C (the other Big C in town is bigger that's why I call the smaller one the small Big C) in one of the office suites and adjacent to an auto paint store. Small place, maybe two to three meters wide storefront footprint. The Vet by the airport (I have no idea what their business name is) is located on the same road that you turn off to go to the airport. This is the short four-lane road with a zillion (that's a lot) motorbikes with school kids hanging off because there is a school on this short stretch of road as well, plus a busy 7-Eleven and the numerous food stands belching charcoal smoke. Right smack dab in the middle of this road is the turn to the airport and depending upon which way you are approaching the airport; it can be a rather daunting experience making the turn. The Vet by the airport, in my mind, is the standalone structure off to the right and down on the opposite side of this four-lane road as you exit left from the airport, and is considerably larger than AEC. Note: If I offend some by not using road names and you feel compelled to point this out, then, by all means, do so. I gave up trying to find, let alone see any road signs so I use landmarks to navigate.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 1, 2019, 11:10 am

It’s very sad to hear Thecroc4’s experience, it’s awful losing a dog it’s a bit like losing a family member and the grief can be just as painful. I personally have 4 dogs all of whom are under AEC, all (like humans) get sick from time to time and I always take them to Dr Panurak at AEC in whom I have complete and utter faith, I’m 100% confident she will always do the best she can and despite some of the comments above I will definitely continue to do so. I’ve had dogs all my life and I’ve used many, many vets, some good, some bad, this is of course what you’d expect but even the good can make a mistake (I’m not saying AEC did or didn’t I might add) mistakes are possible if not quite likely, personally I would rank AEC up there with the best but not even they can be perfect. In any case I’m sure she’d be mortified if she felt she’d let a dog die unintentionally, she loves animals and wouldn’t do anything to harm them, hence her choice of job.

Once again, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » November 2, 2019, 4:37 am

Vince, thank you for your kind words.
I understand why you have so much confidence in Dr.Panurak, because I was once like you. I always found her to be professional, friendly and kind with my dogs, thats why we always went to her. 2 of my dogs had to have minor operations and I couldnt have been happier with the way everything went. I always loved the fact that she could explain everything to me in detail as sometimes my wife didnt have the vocab to explain to me what was wrong with my pet. Like I said thats why we always went to AEC.
Thats why its so hard to understand why she didnt see my dogs illness. I could have got a second opinion but I trusted her. And yes , I'm angry with her and AEC for making that mistake. If they had seen it a month earlier, I would still have him here today.
The reason I originally posted here is to warn you guys about their lab facilities. I dont know what the problem is, but i know there is a problem.
If your pet is not doing well , but AEC say everything is ok, maybe get a second opinion or ask her to send the bloodwork out to be tested. Just for peace of mind. I'm regretting not doing that.

ndreamer
udonmap.com

Post by ndreamer » July 6, 2020, 11:31 am

We use the one at Rajabhat University , We were stung by a bad one near our house.
His very affordable and no dual pricing, doesn't speak much english. We had 3 dogs there at one stage with a virus, saved saved every one of them.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » July 6, 2020, 1:41 pm

Got to agree 2 month ago we thought our little dog was going to pass away, he wouldn't eat, he couldn't walk as his back legs just collapsed as soon as we got him on his feet. Late one night my wife took him to the 24 hour vet near the university and they kept him there for about 4 nights. We got him back and with a bit nursing he's running about fine now.
Thanks to the Vet.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 6, 2020, 5:25 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
July 6, 2020, 1:41 pm
Got to agree 2 month ago we thought our little dog was going to pass away, he wouldn't eat, he couldn't walk as his back legs just collapsed as soon as we got him on his feet. Late one night my wife took him to the 24 hour vet near the university and they kept him there for about 4 nights. We got him back and with a bit nursing he's running about fine now.
Thanks to the Vet.
I'd appreciate a name or a map if you have it Jimmy?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » July 6, 2020, 5:39 pm

IMG-20200706-WA0001.jpg
Sorry it's not a great copy. I'm in the UK and the wife did it all.

Jimmy.
Last edited by Wee Jimmy on July 6, 2020, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 6, 2020, 5:40 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
July 6, 2020, 5:39 pm
IMG-20200706-WA0001.jpg
Thank you.

Dixie Dean

Post by Dixie Dean » August 14, 2020, 10:43 pm

Dunroaming It was the same with one of dogs also 2 1/2 yo. They had him on the same tablets & dosage for 6 weeks & he wasn’t getting better. He got worse & I took him back & said they need to something else as the tablets weren’t doing it. They said they would give him a blood transfusion as his red blood cell
count had dropped to 8 which 20% of what it should be & would keep him overnight with a plan to find a blood donor match for him the next day but come morning they called to tell us he had died. I would never use them again.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 15, 2020, 7:24 am

My local VET on the Sakon Nahkon road is okay, buit she does not do major ops so the went to the one near the Airport, on the LHS as you turn onto the Airport Road, no idea of the name but recommended by my local Vet. Excellent job, did a full hysto on the female dog as a cyst on her mammaries, was unable to be removed safely . No complaints and really happy . For info the Doc stated that unlike many Vets, for compassionate reasons she would put down Pets in pain or with terminal problems. Unlike my local VET.

We forget that animals are unable to talk and although one person may have had a bad experience, does not mean the VET is bad .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 15, 2020, 7:37 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 15, 2020, 7:24 am
My local VET on the Sakon Nahkon road is okay, buit she does not do major ops so the went to the one near the Airport, on the LHS as you turn onto the Airport Road, no idea of the name but recommended by my local Vet. Excellent job, did a full hysto on the female dog as a cyst on her mammaries, was unable to be removed safely . No complaints and really happy . For info the Doc stated that unlike many Vets, for compassionate reasons she would put down Pets in pain or with terminal problems. Unlike my local VET.

We forget that animals are unable to talk and although one person may have had a bad experience, does not mean the VET is bad .
Arent some dogs bilingual ???? .. Wendy seems to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1inR2b7PS5M

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Pet Services”