Scunthorpe

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Whistler » October 6, 2022, 5:37 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 6, 2022, 3:08 pm
mak wrote:
October 6, 2022, 9:58 am
Just watched "Welcome to Wrexham" and thought of a solution for The Iron. They need an new owner like the Deadpool guy. The timing is right, the pound is down and the US market is saying to move your dollars. There must be hundreds of Hollywood types who could do this. Scunthorpe needs an Under Assistant West Coast Promo man to pound the beat on Hollywood Boulevard.
Wrexhan dropped very lucky ,,, Scunny FC ""the club" is up for sale mak .. but the current owner is a proper slippery blighter. IMO a sale will happen soon... 3 to 11 mil quid been mentioned which at the lower end is a real bargain and im sure well within the reach of some Udon mappers.

DM
Let's take up a collection and give DM a chance to own his own team.

I think a pink pig moneybox to be setup at Papa's to take donations, I will kick it off with 67 Baht I have been saving for a rainy day.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 6, 2022, 6:19 pm

Didn't the Dork Wanderers get started with just a couple of friends friends pitching in a few spare shillings to start a team? Look at them now. They are up there playing the Mighty Scunthorpe Iron crew already. It's an amazing story. One would thinks their chances of beating the lowly Evertons is quite high.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 6, 2022, 6:54 pm

Sorry to nip off topic for a mo, but

Never sure whats 'appenning in that area.
When I first visited (early sixties) the team was Guildford City, then just called Guildford, then Guildford and Dorking United. then they dropped the United and became Guildford & Dorking, then it was just Dorking, and now it seems to be Dorking Wanderers

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 6, 2022, 7:04 pm

Life is full of changes. You might be able to get over it.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 6, 2022, 7:06 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
October 6, 2022, 6:19 pm
Didn't the Dork Wanderers get started with just a couple of friends friends pitching in a few spare shillings to start a team? Look at them now. They are up there playing the Mighty Scunthorpe Iron crew already. It's an amazing story. One would thinks their chances of beating the lowly Evertons is quite high.
One would thinks their chances of beating the lowly Evertons is quite high.....Are YOU Back on DRUGS Again ?? :-k :-k :-k

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 6, 2022, 7:29 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 6, 2022, 5:37 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 6, 2022, 3:08 pm
mak wrote:
October 6, 2022, 9:58 am
Just watched "Welcome to Wrexham" and thought of a solution for The Iron. They need an new owner like the Deadpool guy. The timing is right, the pound is down and the US market is saying to move your dollars. There must be hundreds of Hollywood types who could do this. Scunthorpe needs an Under Assistant West Coast Promo man to pound the beat on Hollywood Boulevard.
Wrexhan dropped very lucky ,,, Scunny FC ""the club" is up for sale mak .. but the current owner is a proper slippery blighter. IMO a sale will happen soon... 3 to 11 mil quid been mentioned which at the lower end is a real bargain and im sure well within the reach of some Udon mappers.

DM
Let's take up a collection and give DM a chance to own his own team.

I think a pink pig moneybox to be setup at Papa's to take donations, I will kick it off with 67 Baht I have been saving for a rainy day.
Great idea whizzy ... DONATE NOW you know it makes sense , i should set up.a go fund me page forthwith ..or easier just gmme cash .. 3mil.sterling less 67 bt ..

Pm.me fir my bank details guys ..ok

Oh btw great news 747 wife wears the lilac trousers and forbid hen pecked jumbo to have a pet doggy 5555 ..one very lucky dog ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 6, 2022, 7:48 pm

Oi Yer ****,NO NEED TO iNVOLVE MY WIFE [Redacted by Moderator]

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 6, 2022, 9:56 pm

747man wrote:
October 6, 2022, 7:06 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
October 6, 2022, 6:19 pm
One would thinks their chances of beating the lowly Evertons is quite high.....Are YOU Back on DRUGS Again ?? :-k :-k :-k
Just the usual heart and diabetic ones.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 8, 2022, 8:27 am

The only difference between The Red Dragons and The Iron is the Deadpool money. There's money out there, just have to find it. I heard Abramovich is eyeing a comeback.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-08 at 08-18-59 Football (Sky Sports).png

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 8, 2022, 10:08 am

its a very tight bottom............. of the table.

Big big game today against Aldershot .. a couple of wins can see a team shoot up the table .. henceforth my prediction

heart says 2-1 ta Scunny [-o< [-o<
head says 3-3
so probably 1-0 to the shots :(

I hope all the thousands of Scunthonian fans will get behind not only the team but also quaint picturesque town in which i was spawned.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 8, 2022, 11:04 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 8, 2022, 10:08 am
its a very tight bottom............. of the table.

Big big game today against Aldershot .. a couple of wins can see a team shoot up the table .. henceforth my prediction

heart says 2-1 ta Scunny [-o< [-o<
head says 3-3
so probably 1-0 to the shots :(

I hope all the thousands of Scunthonian fans will get behind not only the team but also quaint picturesque town in which i was spawned.

DM
but also quaint picturesque town in which i was spawned.....Don't You mean INVENTED ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 9, 2022, 1:35 am

I'm supporting Aldershot - some one has to! Lived there for 12 years.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 9, 2022, 1:45 am

Glad to hear you escaped Rick

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 9, 2022, 1:57 am

I escaped to rural Hampshire. No or little mobile phone coverage and only 3 TV channels. It was like going back 20 years!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 9, 2022, 4:33 am

Yep, still the same.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “Open Forum”