Best 10 american Movies - all time

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Pakawala
udonmap.com

Re: Best 10 american Movies - all time

Post by Pakawala » January 14, 2009, 4:38 pm

Well LA, you might be surprised to know that I currently have Syriana, Shooter and Network and have enjoyed watching them. I'm particularly fond of movies that are based on fact, such as The Debaters, Charlie Wilson's War, Hildago and a few others.

While we're at it, I currently have over 160 DVD's here at the house and will gladly publish a list if anyone would be interested in starting a 'swap' system. This might be a good idea for a new thread on the forum.
I'd go ahead and start it but I'm not sure how to list my current DVD's in columns on the forum. It only seems to want to take paragraphs and that would be a terrible waste of time, trying to look through a long litany of movies.

How about it Beer Monkey or Lee, is there a way I can display a list of multiple columns on the forum?

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 14, 2009, 4:47 pm

pak as for swapping I am no fan but I would love to buy from you any movie I find I would enjoy owning

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » January 14, 2009, 5:14 pm

Sorry Ron, I'm not trying to get rid of what I have, just trying to avoid several of us buying the same thing all the time. If I have something you want to watch and you have something I want to watch we can swap and I'll make a copy of your movie for myself for my library rather than going out to buy it. This is what I had in mind.

The fellow at the night market where I buy my films give me a good deal but I usually find I have to take back one or two of every 4-5 that I buy. I try to keep only really good copies for myself and I have about 50 originals that I brought over from the States when I came here 4 years ago. They are old now but some are classics. Like Ben Hur, Lawrence of Arabia, Lion of the Desert, Dr. Zhivago, etc.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 14, 2009, 5:21 pm

I have no problem in the loaning department as long as we both agree on returning the movie LOL when we are finished viewing it as for making a copy go for it as long as you don't spoil the original disk
I am sure you have some that I would love to see and that works both ways so let make some arrangement when we get together again

PAUL STAKER
udonmap.com

Post by PAUL STAKER » August 20, 2009, 12:55 am

Music and movies is something that I really love. I recently viewed Valkryie with Tom Cruise but I have to admit after so much hype I didn't care too much for it. I love war movies and enjoyed Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day, Born on the 4th of July and Platoon. Oliver Stone sure does make a good movie.
PAUL MICHAEL STAKER

Return to “Open Forum”