looking for canadians

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
carpenter

looking for canadians

Post by carpenter » April 4, 2010, 7:40 am

planning on moving to Thailand (meet a woman) looking for expats for advice?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: looking for canadians

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2010, 8:57 am

You're looking for a Canadian woman - in Thailand?

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » April 4, 2010, 8:59 am

Usually found in Canada, but there might be some (women and men) here. Don't think I've run into one of either in four years.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » April 4, 2010, 9:07 am

just remember do not invest any more then you can afford to loose. This is the best advise you can get.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 4, 2010, 9:17 am

I know of 3 on here. Mudshark, 38nholding and Garnet. You could try sending them a PM, but I'm pretty sure your get a negative reply about moving to Thailand from 2 of them.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 4, 2010, 9:26 am

I'm Canadian. How are you doin', eh?

You might find some Canadian nurses doing volunteer work in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. Most of the Canadian women in Thailand are on vacation at the beaches.

You could try meeting some Thai women as there are more of them, but Thai women, for the most part, hate Canadians. Dutch women like us though, in particular, those women over 70 since we liberated their country from Nazi rule. 55555

I live in Hogtown (Toraana) for much of the year. Garnet, I think, lives in the Vancouver/Surrey area.

dougness
udonmap.com

Post by dougness » April 4, 2010, 9:47 am

Tilokarat,how did you come to this conclusion,that Thai women hate Canadian men?If your retired why not spend your retirement in Thailand,apart from the red tape involved in a retirement visa?PS,I'm a Canadian.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » April 4, 2010, 9:58 am

Galee wrote:I know of 3 on here. Mudshark, 38nholding and Garnet. You could try sending them a PM, but I'm pretty sure your get a negative reply about moving to Thailand from 2 of them.
I thought 38nholding left. Still here?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 4, 2010, 10:05 am

I was joking about Thai women hating Canadian men. The Thai ladies like us as much as they like other farangs.

I could not remember your name or I would have added you to the list of upright and outstanding Canadians who know a thing or three about Thailand.

No, I am not retired yet. I like living in Canada and working in a high school and a university. It is fun, and I learn a lot from the students. I might try and work out an arrangement wherein I spend half of the year in Canada, and the other half in Thailand. But, where to stay: Udonthani, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Phanom, Pha Kha Deum, Loei, Nan, Khorat...I still have to sort that one out.

It was 27+ today, and sunny, and tomorrow will be more of the same. Unhappily, I have essays to grade. How is it in your end of the country?

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 4, 2010, 10:35 am

WBU ALUM wrote:
Galee wrote:I know of 3 on here. Mudshark, 38nholding and Garnet. You could try sending them a PM, but I'm pretty sure your get a negative reply about moving to Thailand from 2 of them.
I thought 38nholding left. Still here?
Was in Udon a few weeks back for a holiday. Now in Vancouver.

firsttimebangkok
udonmap.com

Post by firsttimebangkok » April 4, 2010, 12:41 pm

Hi,

Been living the village life for about a year now on and off. What would you like to know.

Mike

P.S. from Calgary

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » April 4, 2010, 5:34 pm

Hi Carp.
It's like asking a person what car should I buy. What do you want it for? how many people in you family etc.? With ladies nobody has any idea what you want, ie. age, wither they have luggage etc. If you are looking for a certain type, please state. Otherwise nobody can help you. Also your age would help. Also the age group of the woman you want to meet.
Best thing would be to come over to LOS and do the choosing yourself.Don't rely on other peoples choice.One mans meat is another mans poison, Would you buy a car on another persons advice without seeing it.
Plenty of single women about over here. But watch out for the sharks.
Cheers Doug.

Barstool
udonmap.com

Post by Barstool » April 4, 2010, 5:57 pm

carpenter wrote:planning on moving to Thailand (meet a woman) looking for expats for advice?
What do you do for a living?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 5, 2010, 12:08 am

Hi, I live in Thailand about 6 months each year and the rest of the time in Vancouver B.C. I was very lucky and met a great lady on a dating site 2 years ago. Absolutely no problems with family or money and she is probably the nicest person I have ever met. Dating sites are loaded with land mines though and your best route would probably be to find a town you like and live your life. As people get to know you as a resident and not a tourist you will meet lots of ladies. The quality of these ladies depends a lot on you, if your lifestyle is drinking all the time and chasing bar girls your reputation will follow and meeting non bar girl types will be much harder. Have fun and good luck in Thailand. ;)

dougness
udonmap.com

Post by dougness » April 5, 2010, 4:18 am

Its a lot colder in Alberta,Tilokarat.The best advice is to take your time looking for a Thai lady,don't rush things.And find out,if her family has problems,because they could end up being your problems.There are a lot of beautiful women in Thailand,so why not find one without extended family problems.Look for one with small expectations in life,I know its harsh,but you will be a lot happier in the end.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » April 5, 2010, 11:02 am

Marry an ugly one with a few kids, a barn full of sick animals and alcoholic parents. You'll appreciate your personal growth and character-building experience. It'll make you a better person.

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » April 5, 2010, 1:23 pm

carpenter wrote:planning on moving to Thailand (meet a woman) looking for expats for advice?
Slightly off topic. I'm fresh out, but does anyone know where I can find "Jack Spratt's Troll Spray", I find it has virtually immediate effect

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 5, 2010, 4:56 pm

What, look for a dumb f..k Issan farmers daughter and you'll be OK =;

Return to “Open Forum”