UNBELIEVABLE video

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
TicToc
udonmap.com

UNBELIEVABLE video

Post by TicToc » August 6, 2010, 7:02 pm

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: UNBELIEVABLE video

Post by jackspratt » August 6, 2010, 8:35 pm

This old fella is clearly unhappy, but perhaps he should have stopped.

Jean Charles de Menezes wasn't given that opportunity, and suffered a far worse fate than a broken windscreen.

Funnily enough, the coppers in the car chase will probably get some form of punishment - unlike those who shot first and asked questions later of an innocent man. :shock:

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » August 6, 2010, 8:51 pm

its happening to regular now in uk. the days of dixon of dock green long gone.its the thai police for me over uk.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » August 6, 2010, 9:40 pm

There are two sides to every story though, aren't there!

Reading between the lines it seemed to me more like a case of the police having stopped the guy for not wearing his seat belt or whatever, and then he decided to drive off, knocking one of them down or aside as he did so. They then chase him for 17 minutes with the siren sounding and blue lights flashing, which he ignored for 17 minutes!! - before eventually being obliged to stop by the stinger. The chasing police being a bit pissed, particularly the one who got knocked down or hit when the guy drove away, then got a bit overly or unnecessarily enthusiastic in knocking in his window to get him out.

Yes, they should get their knuckles wrapped for smashing his windows, at least before they had asked him to get out! But sounds to me like he was very much at fault, and sought to bend or change the truth in his defence later.

johnwills
udonmap.com

Post by johnwills » August 7, 2010, 12:07 am

You would have thought the first option for the officer who smashed the drivers window would have been to try and open the door via the handle provided.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » August 7, 2010, 2:42 am

johnwills wrote:You would have thought the first option for the officer who smashed the drivers window would have been to try and open the door via the handle provided.
johnwills, You ain't gonna get in that easy to this far superior forum,...gaylord.

OT........ \:D/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 7, 2010, 7:08 am

There is no way any officer worth his salt would do that, it seems an over reaction to something that in the end resulted in what appears to be a man who is physically handicapped ( poss stoke victim ), for a mundane thing, personally after he drove off I would follow him home, as by then i would have found out his address via his licence plate and dealt with it there. However it seems these chaps decided otherwise, hopefully they will get dismissed from the force.
A wise old police-officer once told me, Arrest is the last thing you want to do.....unfortunately laws have come along a lot since then and it seems that arrest is the first thing many officers think, which in reality is counter-productive. I do not condone these officers actions one jot.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 7, 2010, 7:38 am

Here's another unbelievable video. Youth on a bike tazered, run over and then incriminating evidence planted on the body.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=037_1280793290

udonuk1
udonmap.com

Post by udonuk1 » August 7, 2010, 11:52 am

Incidents like this are due to the huge adrenaline rush of chasing someone, especially in a car. If you are ever chased by police , it is best not to run away, or this may happen to you.
It is a terrible incident, but i can understand WHY it happened. Many Police officers now receive training about the consequences of a chase like this, but they are human and incidents like this will happen, unfortuneatly.
The fact that this incident was investigated and the video released to the media speaks volumes about how British police are open to me

Return to “Open Forum”