Another thing that pissed me off today...

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
nkstan
udonmap.com

Re: Another thing that pissed mee off today...

Post by nkstan » December 21, 2010, 11:47 am

grozza wrote:could you as the parent make it very clear without threatening anybody that if the school or teacher thinks your childs hair is to long could they notify you or your wife and you will have her hair cut,surely one day will not hurt the schools hair rules.i think these thai school teachers have a bit to much power for my liking.
Absolutely!!! =D> =D> =D>

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Another thing that pissed mee off today...

Post by parrot » December 21, 2010, 12:45 pm

Surely the schools here must have some sort of 'printed' rules and regulations......maybe not to the extent of the 80 someodd pages in http://parents--students.eastcentralisd ... c1f41fafe0 but at least something that defines what is and what isn't allowed.

I thought Mary Pitak was a Christian/Catholic school. Seems odd that they'd haul their kids off to a temple for 4 days of meditation......not that that's necessarily bad, but you'd never get away with that sort of thing in the US. Ultimately, IMO, if you put your kids in Thai schools, you put up with what's acceptable in Thailand. Maybe less problems in places like Saint Mary's, Don Bosco, Udon Christian. You could always opt to pay for international school education in Bangkok/KK or elsewhere.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Re: Another thing that pissed me off today...

Post by pienmash » December 23, 2010, 12:14 am

i was in plasterscine class

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » December 23, 2010, 6:13 am

pienmash wrote:i was in plasterscine class
I am on the computer at 6AM this morning and I find about 60-70 posts from you on every subject listed.I see your posts were from about 2300 to about 0130.
I figured you must be in drunk class or on your way to class :lol:

Frans
udonmap.com

Post by Frans » December 23, 2010, 7:44 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> x555

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 23, 2010, 8:38 am

nkstan wrote:
pienmash wrote:i was in plasterscine class
I am on the computer at 6AM this morning and I find about 60-70 posts from you on every subject listed.I see your posts were from about 2300 to about 0130.
I figured you must be in drunk class or on your way to class :lol:
Might I suggest the mods move all of his posts to his own sponsored topic . Not only will it clear the forum up for all us "normal" posters but it will act as a permanent reminder to him how stupid you can look by posting when pi..ed.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 23, 2010, 8:44 am

Ahhh Trubrit, i think your being a bit hard on him. He didnt mean anything bad by it. I do agree maybe he could have picked something else to do while pi..ed but i think we have all done things, either in our youth or maybe more lately, that we regret when we wake up with a sore head the next day. That will be punishment enough!

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 23, 2010, 9:56 am

Nothing wrong being "Merry" while a-posting! If He is happy with that ....why not?
I am often that way online.
I find I can express my inner feelings better :D
Dont forget also. this a "working man". Some people need to stress out! Dealing with grumpy farangs :roll:
So. Mr P&M, You want pissed on the forum go for it! \:D/

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 23, 2010, 11:24 am

mortiboy wrote:Nothing wrong being "Merry" while a-posting! If He is happy with that ....why not?
Dont forget also. this a "working man". Some people need to stress out! Dealing with grumpy farangs :roll:
Whilst I admit I do enjoy a drink I confess I have no time for those that let alcohol control their behaviour, whether its on the street or as in this case, on the forum. Anyway getting back to the original grievance, cutting pupils hair . Morti will be pleased to know that he doesn't have to worry about his daughter at her school . Yesterday I had some business in there , so took the opportunity to discuss the subject with one of the sisters .Apparently they do not object to girls having long hair, simply ask that they keep it tidy, preferably in a plait or pony tail style. With boys she admitted they do like to see it cut short. Why the distinction between the sexes I couldn't determine . However I pointed out that certainly, English parents, consider for a teacher to cut the hair, is tantamount to physical assault and could create untold problems for the school .For myself I said that I do not object to a short hair policy if this is explained to the parents of potential pupils upon joining, they can accept or decline enrolling, but suggested if a pupil had hair longer than their standard, they send a note to this effect, home with the pupil and the parent could get it cut .It will come as no surprise to most they were totally unaware of the difference between the two cultures. However the sister I spoke to promised she would discuss this with the boss and thanked me for bringing it to their attention .Now we will just have to wait and see .

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » December 23, 2010, 11:40 am

trubrit wrote:
mortiboy wrote:Nothing wrong being "Merry" while a-posting! If He is happy with that ....why not?
Whilst I admit I do enjoy a drink I confess I have no time for those that let alcohol control their behaviour, whether its on the street or as in this case, on the forum. Anyway getting back to the original grievance, cutting pupils hair . Morti will be pleased to know that he doesn't have to worry about his daughter at her school . Yesterday I had some business in there , so took the opportunity to discuss the subject with one of the sisters .Apparently they do not object to girls having long hair, simply ask that they keep it tidy, preferably in a plait or pony tail style. With boys she admitted they do like to see it cut short. Why the distinction between the sexes I couldn't determine . However I pointed out that certainly, English parents, consider for a teacher to cut the hair, is tantamount to physical assault and could create untold problems for the school .For myself I said that I do not object to a short hair policy if this is explained to the parents of potential pupils upon joining, they can accept or decline enrolling, but suggested if a pupil had hair longer than their standard, they send a note to this effect, home with the pupil and the parent could get it cut .It will come as no surprise to most they were totally unaware of the difference between the two cultures. However the sister I spoke to promised she would discuss this with the boss and thanked me for bringing it to their attention .Now we will just have to wait and see .
I like my hair short and neat and tidy. And keep my kids looking like that. Not a problem, is it?

OT............. \:D/

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » December 23, 2010, 11:48 am

My daughter has been in both private and gov't schools.It seems that the ''assaults'' only happen at the Gov't schools!
Probably has something to do with fees! :lol: Seems members of the gov't ''know'' they can get away with them.

It seems to me that I read,a couple of years ago or so, the Gov't had done away with the teachers being able to cut the students hair. :confused:

I personally believe it is done to stifle independent thinking and to promote conformity to class and conditions! :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 23, 2010, 12:04 pm

I personally believe it is done to stifle independent thinking and to promote conformity to class and conditions! :roll:

Interesting thought Stan.

Got me thinking. Why so many, in my parents generation (and quite a few in mine), think it is a BAD thing to stifle independent thinking in schools, and then think that a spell in the Army (where your told when you can eat/sleep/breathe and sh*t) is a GOOD thing? :-k

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 23, 2010, 12:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:I personally believe it is done to stifle independent thinking and to promote conformity to class and conditions! :roll:

Interesting thought Stan.

Got me thinking. Why so many, in my parents generation (and quite a few in mine), think it is a BAD thing to stifle independent thinking in schools, and then think that a spell in the Army (where your told when you can eat/sleep/breathe and sh*t) is a GOOD thing? :-k
Well of course you are confusing independent thought and discipline. The ability to decipher information and make decisions based on your conclusions is an essential part of maturity and progress .However this freedom must be considered within the disciplines imposed and indeed , expected, within the society in which we live .One of the reasons for the anarchy we see so much of today is that the former has been given so much prominence without considering the latter .

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » December 23, 2010, 1:41 pm

When it's p1ssing down with rain and I've got a day off, like today annoys me a little bit. And another thing, my wife could not speak to me on the phone because she's at the marie pritack party today. I'll go down the pub lunch time, that'll sort things out - for the time being.

OT.............. \:D/

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 23, 2010, 2:11 pm

old-timer wrote:When it's p1ssing down with rain and I've got a day off, like today annoys me a little bit. And another thing, my wife could not speak to me on the phone because she's at the marie pritack party today. I'll go down the pub lunch time, that'll sort things out - for the time being.

Thats funny . It finished at midday. :-" :lol:

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » December 23, 2010, 4:02 pm

i was looking for a hotel web site and the search came up with thaistudents .com.i had a look at the site and it reffered to the school owners so i assume this is not a state school .one photo is of the pupils standing hands out , palm down, fingers straight. the caption read" the children wait for the two weekly hair and finger nail check".asked the wife and she said this was done when she was in school 35 years ago. the idea is to keep the pupils neet and tidy.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 23, 2010, 4:34 pm

trubrit wrote:
old-timer wrote:When it's p1ssing down with rain and I've got a day off, like today annoys me a little bit. And another thing, my wife could not speak to me on the phone because she's at the marie pritack party today. I'll go down the pub lunch time, that'll sort things out - for the time being.

Thats funny! My daugher back at 12 30
Is that Mary PHITAK :-" is" Piss take" :-"

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » December 23, 2010, 5:29 pm

mortiboy wrote:
trubrit wrote:

Thats funny! My daugher back at 12 30
Is that Mary PHITAK :-" is" Piss take" :-"
Another one that's lost me a little bit. I don't know how it's spelt.
My middle son is more worried about the Sisters than the Teachers at that place, and he's not bothered if his hair gets cut or not. All that's on his mind is a Honda Wave or an i pad.

OT............. \:D/

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » December 23, 2010, 5:50 pm

old-timer i think there implying that from the time of your original comment about you wife being not able to talk because she was at the school party that finished at 12:30pm and your post was after 1pm that maybe she was um how should i put this,her hands and mouth and other parts busy.unless my mind is in the gutter thats how i took it,sorry if im wrong. :oops:

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » December 23, 2010, 5:57 pm

grozza wrote:,her hands and mouth and other parts busy.
What? don't ever talk about my wife like that.

OT

Return to “Open Forum”