Solar Storm Warnigs ???????????

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 9, 2012, 3:02 pm

A friend sent me this sight, he certainlly means well. But, that being said he can be a bit doom and gloom at times.

I looked at it really don't understadn it and I can't see te connection a Nasa prediction.

I know they exist and that they can be hearmful, any thoughts would be aprreciated.

http://solarstormwarning.com/

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Post by gudtymchuk » March 9, 2012, 4:43 pm

Don't know about all the doom and gloom beyond the True Visions ticker across to bottom of the TV screen warning of short periods of transmission interruption the next few days.... :shock:
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

kumphawapi
udonmap.com

Post by kumphawapi » March 9, 2012, 4:51 pm

Coronal mass ejections from the sun are millions of tonnes of hot electrically charged plasma thrown out from the sun at high speed. They are thrown out from areas of sunspot activity.
If they happen to hit the earth we are partly protected by the electrical fields round the earth, but the electronics on communications and GPS satellites could be fried, and electrical grids on the earths surface can pick up the electric charge and fry the transformers and other circuit controllers. Optical fibre communications are safe.The earth has been hit in the past and components fried, but we are now much more vunerable and reliant on satellite systems.
The sunspot activity is also increasing which makes such events more likely.
The latest even seems to be a very near miss.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 9, 2012, 6:11 pm

Great Explantion, thanks.

I went to the site, lots of stuff recorded around March 9th 2012.

But I could not find the " Nasa" prediction. I watched a program I believe on Discovery that covered possiblities, that indicated that it would take years just to replace the transformers alone.

I also reviwed some of the recmmendation, one of which to keep six months of cash around the house as banks will not be able to function. I would feel very uncomforatble with that, unless I really knew ther was a need.

Migth poke around the site. this is not something I am good At.

Worth another look for me.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 9, 2012, 6:38 pm

Well I poked around it. Some very interesting videos to include the discovery channel program. Talked about the one that hit Quebec Canada. One scientist tlaked about the satelite net work a simple answer might be to just turn them off during the vent.

Don't know if the same would apply to a power grid. I wasn't left the impression that it would hit the entire world. more then likely regions.

It left a section where you can get e-mail alerts.Problem they want your e-mail address and your pass word, so I passsed on that.

Return to “Open Forum”