Britain's Got Talent Final Results

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 13, 2012, 10:02 pm

I just finished watching the finals of the Britain's Got Talent contest. It came down to a girl and dog act versus a duo act with outstanding young 16 and 17 year old singers. I am absolutely nauseated that the British people picked a dog to win 500,000 pounds and an opportunity to perform before the queen. What is this world coming to! The final performances have not yet been posted to YouTube, but the semi-final acts are posted below. You be the judge. I'm speechless and sickened to my core!

Ashleigh and Pudsey:

Jonathan & Charlotte:

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

nongwuasoguy
udonmap.com

Post by nongwuasoguy » May 14, 2012, 6:20 am

semperfiguy wrote:I just finished watching the finals of the Britain's Got Talent contest. It came down to a girl and dog act versus a duo act with outstanding young 16 and 17 year old singers. I am absolutely nauseated that the British people picked a dog to win 500,000 pounds and an opportunity to perform before the queen. What is this world coming to! The final performances have not yet been posted to YouTube, but the semi-final acts are posted below. You be the judge. I'm speechless and sickened to my core!

Ashleigh and Pudsey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6_AN3X7EuE

Jonathan & Charlotte:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQVNDrF ... ure=relmfu
Do you remember Susan Boyle who lost in final against young hip hop dancers. Who is still popular and has a professionnal career?
khounudon

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » May 14, 2012, 6:32 am

[quote="semperfiguy"]I just finished watching the finals of the Britain's Got Talent contest. It came down to a girl and dog act versus a duo act with outstanding young 16 and 17 year old singers. I am absolutely nauseated that the British people picked a dog to win 500,000 pounds and an opportunity to perform before the queen. What is this world coming to! The final performances have not yet been posted to YouTube, but the semi-final acts are posted below. You be the judge. I'm speechless and sickened to my core!

Totally with you on this one.-----But I know who has the fantastic career infront of them, Johnathon has the best classical voice i've heard in years, and i predict he'll not split with Charlotte because (as he confesses) he needs her to give him confidence to perform.
The bloody dog will be dead in 5 years time.
Hey ho, the british public have spoken :roll:

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » May 14, 2012, 8:37 am

What ever happened to Diversity after they won BGT in 2009?
I think the same will happen with the dog act.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 14, 2012, 8:51 am

Many on here have been saying for a long time that the UK has gone to the dogs.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 14, 2012, 9:55 am

Prenders88 wrote:What ever happened to Diversity after they won BGT in 2009?
I think the same will happen with the dog act.
Diversity actually performed on the stage of the final show during the 10 minute call-in voting session. They were great!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 14, 2012, 10:11 am

It was bad enough they chose the dog over the phenomenal duo of Charlotte & Jonathan, but the act that finished third was a choir group of 140 young boys from Wales. These guys admitted to being wayward teenagers who had been assembled by this choir director, and for the first time in their lives the boys had some direction and purpose rather than looking forward to a life of gangs, crime and unemployment. When the choir director was asked what they would do with the 500,000 pounds prize money if they won, he replied that it would go to continue this ministry to bring new recruits off the street to keep the choir alive for years to come. So, the voters could have chosen Only Boys Aloud and potentially changed the lives of thousands of young boys in Wales for years to come, or they could have chosen the young 16 and 17 years old duo with the potential to travel the world for years to come to share their beautiful voices before millions. But, the voters chose a dog that will be dead in five years. Absolutely shameful! Which one of these acts do you think the Queen would have preferred to see? A clip of Only Boy Aloud follows:

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » May 14, 2012, 2:58 pm

the boy girl duo where sensational and should have won by a mile the 11yr old girl was good but as u can see it proves that uk has gone to the dogs

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » May 14, 2012, 3:02 pm

It just goes to show the mentality of the voting British public .. Sad to see .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 14, 2012, 3:34 pm

Which one of these acts do you think the Queen would have preferred to see?

Without a doubt THE DOG (especially if it were a corgi)

As for the 140 criminals in Wales .......... perhaps the UK public have been conned too many times in the past to believe that one

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 14, 2012, 4:18 pm

nongwuasoguy wrote: Do you remember Susan Boyle who lost in final against young hip hop dancers. Who is still popular and has a professionnal career?
Hopefully the hip-hop dancers. [-o<

nongwuasoguy
udonmap.com

Post by nongwuasoguy » May 14, 2012, 5:01 pm

I went on internet and I saw that Susan Boyle has a great career for sure...but "Diversity" the hip hop dancers, it's pretty quiet about their career...Hopefully the got one! I wish the best to everyvbody.
khounudon

Librarian
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Librarian » May 14, 2012, 5:40 pm

i spent a few hours watching youtube clips of BGT this afternoon .. only boys aloud .. amazing vocals .

Uploaded by thinkorchard on May 3, 2011

The future of the Valleys singing sensations Only Boys Aloud has been secured with the announcement of a three year deal with Principality Building Society that will develop the 200 strong choir throughout the Valleys and

the fact the winner was the girl and her dog, who have an obvious talent and appeal .. lets not forget her dreams have been made .. but no doubt we will see a lot of the other acts .. some of the acts were quite moving

Librarian

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 14, 2012, 8:44 pm

I'm surprised anyone takes these programmes seriously.
IMO all the phone-in programmes are fixed. In the case of X Factor the record companies (Simon Cowell) know who they want and the songs selected for the finals suit the singer they want to win. There have been cases of results been being announced whilst the phone lines are still open.

read
udonmap.com

Post by read » May 14, 2012, 10:39 pm

I saw a dog following instructions given to it by an uncoordinated girl whilst Simon Cowell unbuttoned his shirt!!- If the dog had pi**ed on a Cowells leg then ripped out his throat it would have got my vote!!

=D>

kennyguk
udonmap.com

Post by kennyguk » May 15, 2012, 12:06 am

can't say I expected to find a BGT thread on here.

If there's one thing I'm glad to escape when I come to LOS it's the nonsense Talent competitions back home!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 15, 2012, 10:34 am

kennyguk wrote:can't say I expected to find a BGT thread on here.

If there's one thing I'm glad to escape when I come to LOS it's the nonsense Talent competitions back home!
AND the talent -less REALITY TV progs :evil:

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 15, 2012, 11:18 am

This morning the wife and I were watching our usual morning talk show on Thai channel 3. They aired a segment on the results of the Britain's Got Talent show, and it seems that most of the world was disappointed and bewildered by the British public vote to honor a dog act over the future and well-being of the other "human" contestants. I personally still can't get over it. That says a lot about how some people really have their priorities mixed up. The world is truly turned upside down on it's head, and the sad thing is...it's only going to get worse!

Fox News recently aired a segment on a new airlines that has started up back in the States and now serves over a dozen major hubs. It's called Pet Airways, and they transport pets exclusively. Another segment reported that Houston, Texas is not experimenting with the idea of allowing pets in restaurants and bars in designated areas and times.

After the federal government forces states to adopt gay marriage laws over the next few years, the next thing on the agenda will be marriage between humans and their pets!!!!!!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 15, 2012, 12:58 pm

After the federal government forces states to adopt gay marriage laws over the next few years, the next thing on the agenda will be marriage between humans and their pets!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure plenty of US attorneys are already working out what they can charge for the divorce settlements

kennyguk
udonmap.com

Post by kennyguk » May 16, 2012, 4:43 am

At least on Indias got talent they go a bit further to try and please the audience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6I3cMSQgIA

Return to “Open Forum”