Parking in Udon Thani

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
BigBubba
udonmap.com

Parking in Udon Thani

Post by BigBubba » June 15, 2013, 2:50 pm

After all the negative posts about parking at Landmark plaza I decided to start this thread after my most recent experience at Central Plaza.

I had a dental appointment at the Dentist across from the bus station this afternoon. When finished I thought I'd pop over and do a little shopping at Tops. I entered the lower level next to the hotel. Not a single space available anywhere on that floor. Plus cars and trucks double parked behind EVERY row of parked cars. It took me 15 minutes just to circle and make my exit. Yes, I know it's a Saturday, but this is supposed to be convenient parking???

When you have more vehicles than the roads were designed to handle there will be traffic jams. When you have more shoppers than parking spaces, there will be problems... everywhere. Udon is indeed experiencing an economic boom. Things are only going to get worse. Take a chill pill and get used to it.

Every day I wake up is a good day.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Parking in Udon Thani

Post by merchant seaman » June 15, 2013, 3:13 pm

Where did you park while at the Dentist? Not a very long walk from the bus station to Central. If you were going to buy more then you could carry you could have gotten a Tuk Tuk for 40 baht to take you back to your car. And the round trip most likely would have taken less then 15 minutes it took you to circle around the car park at Central.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Parking in Udon Thani

Post by dezzer » June 15, 2013, 3:27 pm

Behave yoursrlf Salty semen.
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Parking in Udon Thani

Post by Frankie 1 » June 15, 2013, 3:40 pm

I use the same dentist and I always park in the Central Plaza garage. Cantral Plaza is at three minutes walking distance from the dentist.

I always go straight up to level 5, there's always enough space to park, then take the elevator down.

pompui
udonmap.com

Parking in Udon Thani

Post by pompui » June 15, 2013, 4:38 pm

Hopefully in the next few months I will plan to park at the Landmark Plaza,take the lift down to ground level and walk 3 minutes to the Dentists near the roundabout \:D/

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Parking in Udon Thani

Post by merchant seaman » June 15, 2013, 4:54 pm

Could be the reason parking is such a problem at Central and Landmark. Non shoppers using the car park and doing business else where. Shame on you folks.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Parking in Udon Thani

Post by fatbob » June 15, 2013, 4:57 pm

I guess the problem with lack of parking at Central is those that use the area for parking but don't then shop at the facility they are parking at and go elsewhere. They will soon make you show a receipt of purchases made in the complex to gain the free parking, I hope they do.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Parking in Udon Thani

Post by FrazeeDK » June 15, 2013, 7:35 pm

At Central Plaza the Thai (and many Farang) predilection for wanting to be "close" to wherever they going to shop means that the lower floors and in particular those parking places near the doors are always full to the bursting with idiots double parked too.. Cruising around the lower floors are folks waiting to snag the first open slot.. Meanwhile the upper floors are empty and even on a jam packed weekend, the open top floor has at best just a few cars and is usually empty (closer to the sun I reckon means darker skin!!)....
Dave

Return to “Open Forum”