obamacare is a joke, good for illegals and welfare people

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: obamacare is a joke, good for illegals and welfare peopl

Post by JoeThrows » November 10, 2014, 8:24 pm

merchant seaman wrote:Can anyone explain what good is a health insurance policy if you can not afford to pay the deductable? Which is the case for most all low income families with Obamacare and a 2,500-5,000 dollar deductable.
No.

Because "racist intolerant bigot blah blah blah"

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Post by Turdyboy » November 10, 2014, 9:03 pm

Careful, Joe, UM doesn't stomach any dissent lightly. You'll quickly find yourself on the outside looking in. They're tolerant as long as you agree with them.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 11, 2014, 6:38 am

JoeThrows wrote:At least give me some anecdotal evidence. One of you has to have a mother who is also a sister, who's cousins brother couldn't get insurance.

Oh, wait, that's because you aren't even American to begin with.
I take it you weren't educated in the States Joe? I'd be surprised if someone educated in the US wanted to evaluate Obamacare just on anecdotal evidence and liked to dismiss ideas just because they weren't coming from locals. Perhaps you picked up your schooling in North Korea? Congratulations on your escape but it's time to get stuck into your homework.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 6:43 am

GT93 wrote:
JoeThrows wrote:At least give me some anecdotal evidence. One of you has to have a mother who is also a sister, who's cousins brother couldn't get insurance.

Oh, wait, that's because you aren't even American to begin with.
I take it you weren't educated in the States Joe? I'd be surprised if someone educated in the US wanted to evaluate Obamacare just on anecdotal evidence and liked to dismiss ideas just because they weren't coming from locals. Perhaps you picked up your schooling in North Korea? Congratulations on your escape but it's time to get stuck into your homework.
"At least" give me some anecdotal evidence. Meaning there is no evidence whatsoever.

Perhaps you need a remedial reading Or reading comprehension 101 gt?

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 6:49 am

Turdyboy wrote:Careful, Joe, UM doesn't stomach any dissent lightly. You'll quickly find yourself on the outside looking in. They're tolerant as long as you agree with them.
I'm no friend of republicans. Anyone who bases their party platform on an invisible sky daddy and supports the war on drugs is retarded.

American liberals however take retarded to a whole new level.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 11, 2014, 9:34 am

Interestingly, given the timing of the above debate, I received my tax bill today.

During the time I do not live in Australia (which is 11 of the past 12 years) I am not entitled to avail myself of Medicare - the national health system. However, ~18% of the tax I will pay will go directly into the system.

And I am not about to whinge one iota - because I know it will be contributing to a top flight health care system, which is available to almost all who live in Oz.

By way of contrast, from the details in the following chart, you can make your own judgement as to which country has the
most inefficient, grossly overpriced and inequitable health "system"

of the 11 first world economies included (enlarge the chart by clicking on it). :D

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publica ... ror-mirror
Attachments
Overall Ranking.PNG

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 9:45 am

Still harping on the same note I see. "Most inefficient, grossly overpriced, inequitable blah blah blah"

All because of insurance and big pharma. Nothing to do with American medical staff being the best trained with local access to the best equipment and offering the fastest diagnosis and treatment.

Insurance and big pharma wrote obamacare so please do tell me what they are going to do to solve the "inefficient grossly overpriced inequitable " system that they themselves have created?

Oh that's right, they are going to kick out thousands of doctors, leave millions stranded without insurance and raise rates.

You might not have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday, but last week is still a distinct possibility.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 11, 2014, 9:58 am

Is myopic parochialism covered under Obamacare? :-k

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » November 11, 2014, 10:32 am

JS:

In answer to your question, yes. It is an all too common adjunct to a number of serious emotional disturbances, and, mental illnesses. Unreasoned anger, fear, denial, delusions, paranoia, all commonly occur in "disturbed" individuals. Is it not so, Astana?
TEABILLY ELEPHANT OCARE DEPRESSION.jpg

JT/Tb:

Respectfully suggest y'all join the resistance. Ya need a hefty dose a serendipity, dude. Abide, I say. Abide.
TEABILLY ELEPHANT REVOLUTIONARIES.jpg

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 11:16 am

And I was just thinking to myself, I wonder what msnbc was spoon feeding their audience yesterday when along come these last two posts to answer my question for me.

Perfect timing to coincide with the "congratulations voters! what you voted out" spam making its way around Facebook right now

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 11, 2014, 11:25 am

Come on Joe. The US political classes have historically dropped the ball big time when it comes to American health care. Americans have been ripped off big time. You should be getting fantastic results for the bucks you spend. You folks should be angry.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » November 11, 2014, 2:17 pm

Some years ago I was doing some comparative tax research intending to prove a perception (or more correctly, a preconception) that a major cause of the high tax level in the UK was due to the high proportion of Government (taxpayer) funded health services (NHS) compared to the Privately funded (BUPA, PPP etc) health services when compared to health service provision in other countries.

Note: As I have been fortunate to have only rarely needed to use the NHS (or private health care, I have been a member of BUPA & PPP) my preconceptions were largely based on media content and political rhetoric and not on personal experience.

It did not take long after starting my research to discover that many of my preconceptions were off the chart wrong; in fact, they were so off the chart wrong that I had to find out why and where they were so off the chart wrong.

This led me into drilling down into Government, Private and Total health costs and their comparative outcomes around the world.

Measuring health outcomes provides a veritable treasure trove of cherry trees ripe for picking (apologies for the mixed metaphor) – trying to keep it simple and easily verifiable I determined on “life expectancy at birth” for the population as a whole (further broken down to males & females) and for the cost comparison I used “Purchasing Power Parity” in USD.

This is a link to the thread where I provided comparative tables and a summary, the tables very clearly show just how expensive US health care is and just how inefficient it is (37th in life expectancy):
The degree of cognitive dissonance and denial in the US about the reality of US health care outcomes when compared to the rest of the developed world is rather scary, however in light of how off the chart wrong I had been some years ago on my perception of comparative health care costs it is understandable to some degree.

Where it is less understandable is the degree to which so many in the US have been brainwashed, so much so that they have little or no idea about just how expensive their health care system is and, especially when compared to that cost, how the health outcomes are so poor.

In my world, paying twice as much for the dubious privilege of dying younger is just plain dumb; anyone who can somehow justify that has achieved the extreme gymnastic feat of firmly sticking their head up their own butt.

However, it is indicative of how science, maths and facts generally have been trumped by the spin, distortions, lies and blinkered ideology that, rather pathetically, increasingly passes for informed comment and debate in the US (e.g. Fox News).

By the standards of what the rest of the developed world enjoys, what “The Affordable Care Act” provides is still rather pathetic; however, its enactment was that vital first step (of a long journey) into bringing some semblance of sanity into a system that was on an unsustainable upward cost curve with, for the money that it cost, appallingly poor outcomes.

As a final note, as my research is quite old I have from time to time looked at updating it, however preliminary indications each time revealed that there have been no significant changes that would materially affect the results; additionally, as we are only in the early days of the Affordable Care Act it is a little early for reliable actuarial projections as a result of its implementation.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 2:43 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11 ... latestnews

"Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting Obamacare passed because “the stupidity of the American voter” would have killed the law if more people knew what was in it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 790p0LcgbI[/youtube]

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 2:48 pm

obamacare is a great success!-msnbc

http://www.newsweek.com/administration- ... ?piano_d=1

"The U.S. administration on Monday dramatically cut expectations for 2015 Obamacare enrollment, saying it aims to have a total of 9.1 million people enrolled in government-backed federal and state health insurance marketplaces next year.

The stated goal, 30 percent lower than a Congressional Budget Office forecast of 13 million enrollees, reflects the government's latest thinking about new enrollees and returning customers, according to officials who expect the actual number to fall between 9 million and 9.9 million.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 2:59 pm

"It's, a, beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood..."

555 this was just too easy

430xc
udonmap.com

Post by 430xc » November 11, 2014, 3:47 pm

One possible but not realistic answer is to ban every healthcare lobbyist from any and all contact with any government official or employee. If a lobbyist is caught, he/she will spend 60 hours per week for 2 years cleaning public toilets in national parks.

Special interests own government and are wasting our healthcare dollars. US consumers are subsidizing cheap medications and healthcare products in areas where the manufacturers cannot get the ridiculous money they can extort in the US

It is a real can of worms and it not solvable with just one program. But somehow eliminating special interest interference would go a long way.

430xc

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 4:08 pm

Don't stop there, make it a crime for politicians to profit from inside information, as it was up until just a few years ago. Lobbyists are just trying to make a buck. Hang the politicians who sell out at the publics expense

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » November 11, 2014, 7:27 pm

Jimbo: I started watchin US health care cost/price and performance stats in 1975. (Part of an environmental engineering course - Public Health. Many thanks to Dr.Mulvaney.)

The stats on US health care, have compared ABYSSMALLY to the stats on national systems in virtually every other developed country in the world, since at least then. Growing progressively worse, every year.

These guys are just angry lower class folk who bought into the kochroach con game. (Angry lower class folk, particularly oldersters, are the most favored prey for con men, bunko and scam artists.)

You billies don't like Ocare? Repeal it. He, he, he...

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » November 11, 2014, 7:55 pm

Now folks are paying for a policy they will never use as they don't have the cash to pay for the deductable. Insurance companies making more money thanks to Obamacare, and if they don't Obama will bail them out. Talk about a con.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 8:35 pm

LilRed wrote:Jimbo: I started watchin US health care cost/price and performance stats in 1975. (Part of an environmental engineering course - Public Health. Many thanks to Dr.Mulvaney.)

The stats on US health care, have compared ABYSSMALLY to the stats on national systems in virtually every other developed country in the world, since at least then. Growing progressively worse, every year.

These guys are just angry lower class folk who bought into the kochroach con game. (Angry lower class folk, particularly oldersters, are the most favored prey for con men, bunko and scam artists.)

You billies don't like Ocare? Repeal it. He, he, he...
Your ability to disregard overwhelming evidence in order to function as a useful idiot has been noted. You are a mental midget, a dunce or buffoon, if you will. You have become an empty headed mouthpiece for someone else, it's embarrassing really but I enjoy watching it unfold all the same.

Return to “Open Forum”