obamacare is a joke, good for illegals and welfare people

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 9, 2014, 10:47 am

and then again
Attachments
mex..jpg

No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » February 9, 2014, 10:53 am

tigerryan wrote:I started saving early and I consider myself self insured. Obamacare is a multigenerational economic crime against the healthy and productive amongst us. Its time that the unproductive, unprosperous and unhealthy get the level of service they are willing to pay for and like it. Many kind and good people in this world are willing to help you if you are found suitable for non governmental help. So many people have made poor choices in life (like not saving) and need to realize they are dead wood on society and going to die is your healthcare plan.
You're right, we're not all alike as you said in another post. I for one don't want to live in a dog-eat-dog world. To do so means we're basically dogs ourselves and not human. Many people are born with or have health problems not of their making. I don't mind paying extra taxes to help them out; simple as that. Others are free to covet every last penny they make; that's their right and choice.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 9, 2014, 11:27 am

merchant seaman wrote:and then again

But then, we're not talking about Mexico, are we?

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

Post by faranginUTH » February 9, 2014, 11:48 am

parrot wrote:
merchant seaman wrote:and then again

But then, we're not talking about Mexico, are we?
for english press 1

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » February 10, 2014, 6:40 am

LDB:

"I for one don't want to live in a dog-eat-dog world. To do so means we're basically dogs ourselves and not human. Many people are born with or have health problems not of their making. I don't mind paying extra taxes to help them out; simple as that. Others are free to covet every last penny they make; that's their right and choice."

Very nicely said! I heartily agree.

R

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 10, 2014, 10:51 am

but the extra "taxes" are the increased policy prices, and the "penalty tax" for not buying. The younger healthier people subsidize the policies of the older/unhealthier people.. All to the good but it wasn't sold that way by the Congress or the Administraion.. Personally, I'd wish they'd cut out all the political B/S and move to a single payer system and be totally honest about it..
Dave

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » February 10, 2014, 4:18 pm

+1 for single payor ;)

Despite the fact it will never (?) benefit me here.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 16, 2014, 1:58 am

'What is Truth', this Canadian analyst takes the U.S. President to task for being less than truthful over this policy,

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... the-truth/
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 16, 2014, 2:54 am

KHONDAHM wrote:"WTF do they contribute?"
It is a fact that the poor save far less and spend far more than those who are wealthier. One may not like or care to believe it, but the #1 way to boost any economy is to "give" money to the poor. They will spend it on goods and services immediately. That helps create jobs which creates taxable revenue and earnings which can be "given" to the poor again. Rinse and repeat until the economy is healthy and unemployment is low. At that point, there would be less need or demand for "handouts". Like or loathe it: That's simple Macro-Econ 101.
Yep, that's my understanding of macro-economics as well. In a strong economy there's also more opportunity for more people to make serious money. Not just the poor benefit.

It seems to me the US health care system is the joke rather than Obamacare. Americans spend a fortune on health care for piss poor outcomes. Personally I'd rather live in a western country that's less wealthy than the US but where the population enjoy better health. I think US politicians will be tweaking the US health care system for ages to try and make it seriously more efficient. The US is up shxt creek if this isn't successful.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 24, 2014, 4:01 pm

Paul Krugman tries to set the record straight with Obamacare at http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/24/opini ... inion&_r=0

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » March 1, 2014, 8:32 am

Very nicely said!:

"It seems to me the US health care system is the joke rather than Obamacare. Americans spend a fortune on health care for piss poor outcomes. Personally I'd rather live in a western country that's less wealthy than the US but where the population enjoy better health. I think US politicians will be tweaking the US health care system for ages to try and make it seriously more efficient. The US is up shxt creek if this isn't successful." - GT93

Great article, Parrot.

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » March 15, 2014, 9:18 pm

A good article by CNBC.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101492996

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » March 15, 2014, 11:22 pm

Us national debt near 18 trillion.When Obama got in it was 10 trillion.Congress is spending worse than A drunk in salor.When A salor runs out of money he quits spending.The U.S. Is bankrupt.It's just A Ponzi scheme.
It's playing musical chairs.Watch what happens when the music stops.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 16, 2014, 1:06 am

If this were really so Thrilled then the Chinese would be calling in their money and Obama would be touring the world begging for money. The US doesn't look like Greece to me despite the US healthcare system being a major drain on the economy. I'm not losing sleep over the music stopping.

However if I was an American parent I'd be losing sleep over whether my children might find a job securing them a place in the middle class. Fortunately Thai parents don't have that worry as there are a lot more open doors in Thailand for young people.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » March 16, 2014, 8:35 am

I created a username/password and tried over and over to get all the way thru the Obamacare website. Twice I got finished entering all the data only to receive a message to the effect, "the system that verifies the data is out of service". So basically they couldn't tell me what my coverage options are and the monthly premiums.

SO.......I went thru the simpler option about two weeks ago and didn't log in but instead went thru the provided front-end that asks for only basic data such as ages, income, etc. I found that my child (age 6) is covered thru the 'CHIP' program until she turns 19. The CHIP program basically provides free 'wellness' care and free medical care. My wife and I have 18 options for coverage/premiums. The premiums start at $00.00 and go to $500.00 a month (if my memory is correct; I didn't take screen shots). Anyway, I'll just take the zero monthly premium option and pay for medical as I go; the yearly out-of-pocket max is $6, 350 per person. In other words it amounts to a catastrophic health care plan which is what I want. I'm in relatively good health and so is the wife. However it's good to know we have many options as to premiums/co-pays/percentages etc.

In my opinion the only thing wrong with Obamacare is the portal to getting signed up. I may have to call to actually get signed up as the website stinks big time. The enrollment period ends on March 31 but I'd have to guess it will be extended as the signing up process is so flawed. Also, I haven't researched to find out if we're exempt from the deadline as we're currently abroad (Thailand); my best guess is yes because Obamacare doesn't cover people abroad. So my assumption is once we're back in the USA we'll have XX number of days to get coverage or else we'll be in violation. I'll research this and report back if I find the answer.

I'm neither illegal or on welfare and it appears Obamacare will be good for me. =D>

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » March 16, 2014, 8:52 am

Just found this (in red) but not from an official site:

Expats Visiting the United States
If you are an expat without insurance and decide to come back to the United States for an extended period of time, you are exempt from enrolling in the ACA for up to 3 months. However, should you stay longer and do not qualify as exempt status for other reasons, you must get the appropriate health insurance coverage or risk a fine. It is important to note that some travel insurance policies qualify.

I'll try to find something from an official site.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » April 1, 2014, 7:03 pm

Hahahahahahahaha! :D

The original enrollment target by March 31, 2014 before the launch glitches was 7 million. It was revised down to 6 million after the glitches. The actual number was 7+ million. BRAVO! That is leadership.

The Foxidiots are all besides themselves today. How many times about how many things can those people be wrong about and still have people drink their Kool-Aide?

Google "Obamacare death spiral" and have a good chuckle. 7+ million! Hahahahahahaha!

So, that was the last newsworthy date on the implementation calendar. Nothing left from here on other than boring policy this or that. Obamacare is as much here to stay as Social Security, Medicare, baseball, and apple pie!
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » April 1, 2014, 10:13 pm

Haha!!!! You got me khondam!! I forgot it was April fools! Leadership!!!! Haha! Good one.

farlong68
udonmap.com

Post by farlong68 » April 1, 2014, 10:34 pm

kd you forgot crippling national debt and a dismantled us military.. no laughing matter...

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » April 1, 2014, 11:03 pm

I don't see what your all cryin about.Ya didn't only vote for him once,ya all went ahead and voted for him again.
Ya all think he's the best thing since sliced bread.
He ran on change.Well he's giving ya change.Ya all think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Return to “Open Forum”