UK VISA FOR THAI GIRLFRIEND

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
smellyellie
udonmap.com

Post by smellyellie » January 9, 2014, 6:34 pm

Hi chaps,I know it's been covered before but as the requirements are subject to change just looking for some advice.
My g/f and I are not married but we have a daughter together(2 years old).
My g/f is a Thai government worker and has been for 15 years.
We are looking to visit the U.K in sept/oct for 1 month and need to go to bkk to apply for her visa can anyone tell me exactly what we will be required to bring with us (docs etc).
My daughter has a U.K passport already so no problem there.
Any help would be greatly appeciated,thanks

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 9, 2014, 11:46 pm

Hi there

You need a UK tourist visa , if you send me a pm with your e-mail address , then i can help you with info , ive already done the tourist visa and the settlement visa myself , its quite straight forward and as long as you meet the required criteria you should get it fine

Cheers

SJP17

howard
udonmap.com

Post by howard » January 9, 2014, 11:50 pm

Hi Smelly

My information is purely based on a previous application made for exactly the same as you require. I cannot guarantee it is absolutely correct.
OK yes things have changed as from 13 th December2013.
She will apply for a 6 month visitor visa which NOW has to be done online.
To start the procedure your girl friend has to register with BA Bangkok and will give a password for future reference.
The forms are the completed on line. When complete she downloads a copy of the completed forms. She will be given an opportunity to choose a convenient date to attend the Visa Centre in Bangkok. Payment now is ONLY by visa/debit card also made online before the visit to the centre.
Now this is the painful bit. You must still prove that you have met and in a relationship. Shouldn't be difficult but you still have to show photo's of yourself,girlfriend and family. You must show your bank statements and those of your girlfriend if she has one, You must show that you will have suitable accommodation in the UK. This list is never ending even though you are a family. Don't forget to write a letter of invitation to your girlfriend.
After she has been interviewed at the Visa centre you have the opportunity of a quick service or standard service (for an additional fee of course)
We also produced return air tickets. Obtain health insurance for her visit. .
Visa fees are shown on UK website.
If you're not sure of anything PM me although some things are a mystery to me. To navigate the BA website is a nightmare.
If you plan to marry in the UK you apply for a fiance(e) visa which is even more complicated. Your girlfriend has to apply for a test to show her speaking and understanding of English is sufficient (6000 baht) and get the all clear for TB at an authorized hospital in Bangkok ( about 3,500 baht) I would assume none of these rules will apply to your daughter,
Best of luck to all 3 of you.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 10, 2014, 3:42 am

Howards advice pretty much sums up what i was going to say , my tourist visa application was over three years ago so maybe best to check on thai visa forum for the latest requirements

All the best

SJP17

smellyellie
udonmap.com

Post by smellyellie » January 12, 2014, 5:12 pm

Thanks for your replies,chaps

kumphawapi
udonmap.com

Post by kumphawapi » January 12, 2014, 7:03 pm

One very important aspect. make sure that you state good reasons why your girlfriend can only visit for a maximum of one month, and why she must be back in Thailand after that e.g. this is the maximum time she can have leave from her job etc, and her career is very important to her. In the research I did for my wife's visas, this seemed to be the only reason a tourist visa would be refused- if they thought that once in the UK you would all stay there.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 12, 2014, 7:41 pm

Khumpawapi, Mate with respect.......WTF Would anybody want to stay PERMANETLEY IN Rip-Off Britain....???

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » January 12, 2014, 8:09 pm

My Cambodian GF just got refused a tourist visa (the Cambo ones are done at Bangkok as well).
I fulfilled everything on their list, the refusal was on 2 grounds,
1 - That I (we) had not shown sufficient proof that we were in a relationship ! We had visas in and out of Thailand together for the last 4 years going on holidays together on the same dates FFS !
2 - She had not shown enough proof that she would not stay in the UK, and/or that she would not repeatedly visit the UK !
For her next application we are downloading photo's of the last 4 years vacations, photo's of our engagement rings etc: And, we (she) has purchased land in Cambodia giving her cause to return, and I am showing proof that my business is up for sale with a business agent prior to my retirement in Thailand.
On the instructions of the UK Gov, they are being really tough, as the UK has promised to reduce Immigration and is failing badly, so they are picking on the easy targets.
So my advice is to cover everything thoroughly, even to the state of overkill.
Good luck.

ZARguy
udonmap.com

Post by ZARguy » June 1, 2014, 6:26 pm

The OP's questions seems to have been answered. I hope it's OK for me to post on a related topic?

I have a good online Thai lady friend. She has a UK boyfriend who has visited her several times now. Each time he tells her he will organize a visa for her to visit him, but once home, always has an excuse why he can't e.g. no money due to the cat being sick! He doesn't support her in any way.

Although they have fun when he is there, she wants more, to live with him etc. I feel he is just keeping her on a convenient string because I would imagine he can't apply for a visa on her behalf from the UK, and that she would have to do this in person at the Bangkok Embassy. Right or wrong?
Of course he could help her and pay for it if they went together, and I suppose both would have to provide some supporting paperwork. Anyway, does this sound like a BS story?
Thanks.

Dublin Tony
udonmap.com

Post by Dublin Tony » June 3, 2014, 10:54 am

She has to apply for the visa at the Brit Embassy in Bangkok and he has to be the guarantor for financials,place to live etc.
Is he leading her up the garden path,well only he knows.

Tony

ZARguy
udonmap.com

Post by ZARguy » June 4, 2014, 2:10 pm

Hi Tony,
Thank you, that is what I thought, but just wanted confirmation. I will tell her what is required then its up to her to decide.

By the way, doesn't the UK have a similar reciprocal 30-day on arrival visa arrangement that South Africa has with Thailand?
Mike

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 4, 2014, 2:47 pm

Streuth. I have just mailed a tourist visa application to NZ Immigration in Bangkok for my Thai partner today. We aren't married but have been partners for 12 years and she has visited NZ 4 times. We don't have children together. We spent a fair bit of time living together in Udon. So I have been cursing and swearing for the last week or more about immigration paperwork. You British lads seem to have to put up with more shxt than NZers. My partner has never had to have had an interview or to submit to an English test.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “Open Forum”