Idea for a Business!

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
milkman
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by milkman » September 10, 2014, 5:00 pm

I'd be thrilled to pay 1000 baht to get the windows done. Hell, I've been waiting FOUR YEARS now to get someone to do them. There's just nobody around, or in any case nobody you can find. That's why I think a temp maid/ handman business everyone can easily call on with would be a success.

If anybody's interested, first thing to do is see if there's such a business elsewhere, like in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. And if there is, learn everything you can about them, even have your wife or her brother work there for awhile. Do what they do and you'll probably succeed too. If there's not, you may have the makings of a roaring nationwide success on your hands! Google such businesses as Molly Maids in the U.S. and learn what you can about their business.

P.S. Stattointhailand, old-timer said 500 baht a day, not a week. That would certainly be enough to interest someone.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by papafarang » September 10, 2014, 5:21 pm

water tank, pressure washer, pick up truck,mobile car wash, window cleaning, patio cleaning,simple. down side, hard to find workers with even these skills :roll: .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by stattointhailand » September 10, 2014, 5:29 pm

P.S. Stattointhailand, old-timer said 500 baht a day, not a week. That would certainly be enough to interest someone.

And with one days work each a week (10 people doing 15 - 20 jobs) that works out at exactly the same for a week :roll:

old-timer
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by old-timer » September 10, 2014, 10:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:P.S. Stattointhailand, old-timer said 500 baht a day, not a week. That would certainly be enough to interest someone.

And with one days work each a week (10 people doing 15 - 20 jobs) that works out at exactly the same for a week :roll:
That's 3 or 4 jobs per handyman per day you nutter Statto - that'll gross inc call out charges 1050 to 1400 baht per man per day and pay him 500baht per day. If you had ten men doing 3 or 4 jobs a day you will be doing very well.
As if you would employ 10 people to do 3or 4 jobs per day :roll:

OT.............. \:D/

maaka
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by maaka » September 11, 2014, 3:13 am

I know just the local bloke who has the skills to run such a team of workers. He has been the On Site boss / builder in small a building /renovating company for years..Underpaid, but deligent..maybe I will track him down for my own house build, and test the water re him joining someones new business venture...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by stattointhailand » September 11, 2014, 8:23 am

"That's 3 or 4 jobs per handyman per day you nutter Statto "

And 10 handymen ? 280 jobs a week ?
280 bone idle people who cant be bothered to clean their windows/ cut their grass etc etc (and who cleans their windows EVERY WEEK :-k )

AND YOUR CALLING ME A NUTTER :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh I forgot ..... if it did work for a month or two there would be 4 or 5 "copycat companies" within 6 months spreading the work or requiring an additional 1000 lazy people in Udon every week :-"

milkman
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by milkman » September 11, 2014, 2:56 pm

Old-timer, by calling statto a nutter you have hurt his feelings and turned our discussion into a food fight. I hope you will consider apologizing and telling him you're sorry. :(

old-timer
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by old-timer » September 11, 2014, 6:50 pm

milkman wrote:Old-timer, by calling statto a nutter you have hurt his feelings and turned our discussion into a food fight. I hope you will consider apologizing and telling him you're sorry. :(
OT's sorry Statto is a nutter. :D

OT.............. :D

milkman
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by milkman » September 11, 2014, 7:04 pm

Statto, I think Old-timer really is sorry for hurting your feelings. He's just too shy to say so.

As to your points: I have a guy who fixes my computer. And when I have a problem, I call the guy up. I don't call around to see if someone else would be cheaper/ better- I just call my guy. Same for my haircut gal. I trust and like her so I just go there. I think if someone had a temp maid service/ handiman service and were happy with it, they'd just call them up when they need help.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by stattointhailand » September 11, 2014, 9:53 pm

Oh the pain :cry:

I've spent years and years and years practicing, and now OT's "sorry" I'm a nutter :evil:

Have you no respect for the dedication effort and practice that it takes :confused: :lol:

Hammerheads
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by Hammerheads » June 4, 2015, 9:52 pm

There is good and bad everywhere, any country you choose. All you need to do is to spend time finding the right people to work with and share your vision. You'll probably work through a lot of poor workers but getting a good gang together and fixing stuff swiftly and to a good standard is surely the primary objective. Once you start to offer a good reliable service word will very quickly get around. Its a cultural shift that's required and the setting of standards with those who represent you. By all means take the advice here but I have never known an entrepreneur to be successful by taking advice from forums. Most of it is usually negative irrespective of which forum you go on worldwide. That's why there are relatively few entrepreneurs and many many people just scraping a living. Best of luck and remember, never ever be frightened to fail.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by bigsnake » June 5, 2015, 9:57 am

milkman wrote:Guys, I have an idea for a business. I'd do it myself, except I just live here part of each year. Plus I'm lazy.

They say the way to be successful in life is to "find a need and fill it." Well, my idea is for a business hiring out temp maids and handmen. Why do I think this is needed? Because I myself often need a handyman, and can't find one. Right now we want to install a camera at our house, and don't have anyone to do it. One of our lights above the porch has so many bugs you can't hardly see the light anymore- it needs to be cleaned! And we've gone years without getting the windows washed. Why? Nobody to do them and, as I said, I'm too lazy. We also need the place cleaned. My wife's mom's getting older and letting things slip. But we don't have a maid. Oh, almost forget, yesterday, our nephew started a motorcycle- in 2nd gear- and crashed into our gate, so that needs to be repaired. Now if just one guy in Udon has all these unmet needs, I imagine there must be thousands of jobs that need doing.

So how about it somebody? Instead of opening up yet another bar, what about a handman/ temp maid service? This business is popular in America, and I bet it would be here too.
Okay! Good Idea<>Only bet it would be a BI!&H for you to get a WORK PERMIT! Unless you have the companyu in a THAI Name<>i.e., spouse, etc, then they get the big head cheat and run away<>sorry for the DOWNER, but I have seen it HAPPEN!

Hammerheads
udonmap.com

Idea for a Business!

Post by Hammerheads » June 6, 2015, 9:35 am

Yep, so do it properly. It's a company providing a service, so start a company!

Return to “Open Forum”