Pub crawl in Udon Thani?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
fussychunk
udonmap.com

Pub crawl in Udon Thani?

Post by fussychunk » February 4, 2007, 6:12 pm

...Or bar crawl as you might say... I will be stopping in the Charoensri Grand Royal Hotel and then venturing out with the moistened bint in Tow.....she hasnt been in any bars in Udon Thani, although she lives 8km away. Can anyone recommend an 'on foot' bar/pub crawl from the hotel that takes me to some of the 'classier' bars in the city..... Or do i just suck it and see? :?

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 4, 2007, 6:29 pm

fussychunk wrote:Can anyone recommend an 'on foot' bar/pub crawl from the hotel that takes me to some of the 'classier' bars in the city..... Or do i just suck it and see?

The Irish Clock would be a good place to take wife, GF, or indeed the moistened bint ( :? ).

Just try and pick a time when Doc isn't there!!! :lol:

Also, Mono Place has a bar with live music.

Neither are too far away.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » February 4, 2007, 6:43 pm

well, if you look at the map, you are centrally located and most things are in walking distance.

"some of the 'classier' bars in the city"

hmm, not sure, but some of the nicer in immediate area, more farang oriented, not sure if that's what you want. city lodge, irish clock, richmonds, as much bar as they are restaurant. across street from hotel, on the other side of the stip there, is farang alley/soi pattaya, a group of small bars, more drinking that eating, have a nice afternoon following at a couple, i'm not allowed out at night, so wouldn't know. the lady would probably love tawang daeng, exit hotel, cross street, then at the corner on right, you will see the motorbikes lined up, gets started about 10pm. across the street is new place, NY NY, you may want to give that a pass, overpriced boredom. there are other places geared to music and drinking, as tawang daeng, little further out, but short tuk tuk. hi tech plaza, with a few places, getting started after 10 pm, and Little Rock, over by udon hotel. have not been to the new incarnation, old place was good. mambo club inside napalai hotel, never been. and one more off top of head, yellow bird pub, in chareon hotel, haven't been in long time. as you probably already know, thais enjoy there music very loud. hope that helps a bit, enjoy.

fussychunk
udonmap.com

Post by fussychunk » February 4, 2007, 7:31 pm

Cheers for that, I will pack some extra ear plugs..the first set if the bint starts moaning and another for the pub crawl! :shock:

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » February 4, 2007, 7:34 pm

If i referred to my other half as a "bint",i would need more than ear plugs to protect me. :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 4, 2007, 8:29 pm

interesting word is bint....

BINT.

"bint " n. Woman, in the loosest sense of the word. One step short of a prostitute, a bint is a bird with less class, less selectivity, more makeup and even more skin. Blokes don't talk to bints unless they've had at least eight pints of beer, which is why bints turn up in free-for-students nightclubs at 2:45am with their faked student ID and dance around their Moschino rucksacks. I am told by a few contributors that the word derives from the Arabic for "daughter of". :|

BINT.

Bint is British slang for a woman or girl, but it is always disparaging and offensive and signals the user as lower class and unrefined. It

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 4, 2007, 11:26 pm

very interesting, thanks

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 4, 2007, 11:40 pm

I haven't heard the word "bint" for at least three decades.

briang
udonmap.com

Post by briang » February 5, 2007, 12:58 am

"moistened bint"
I remember that from Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

full scene here

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/grail-03.htm

:D :D :lol:
Brian

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 5, 2007, 4:58 am

also Basil Fawlty called one of his guest's.... "A cloth eared Bint", she was an elderly spinster who was a bit deaf :lol: (fawlty Towers Series)
Can You Dig It Dug.?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 5, 2007, 5:19 am

beer monkey wrote:also Basil Fawlty called one of his guest's.... "A cloth eared Bint", she was an elderly spinster who was a bit deaf :lol: (fawlty Towers Series)
whoops, just had a look on the dvd and he called polly the girl who works for him "A cloth eared bint. ;) 13 minutes and 22 seconds into the Builders episode. =D>

oldfield

Post by oldfield » February 5, 2007, 10:59 pm

arjay wrote:Just try and pick a time when Doc isn't there!!! :lol:
=D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:

fussychunk
udonmap.com

Post by fussychunk » February 6, 2007, 7:35 pm

Thanks for you help!!! I am sure the cloth eared bint will be more than happy! :lol:

Next question ...whats the best lunchtime thai place to eat? The moistened bint dosnt know Udon well, shes a village tree hugger!! :shock:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 6, 2007, 11:53 pm

good choice in the food hall in the complex, and a bargain too, but a bit like a school lunch time. :lol:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 7, 2007, 11:24 am

School lunch time? :lol: You got that right, bm. Good people watching place, tho.

Maybe it's not really a Thai place but MK Restaurant in complex is good if you like soup. You can pick all of the ingredients and watch it boil on your table. Reasonably priced as well.

Lots of hole-in-the-wall places around the mall. Place we like is between Scorpion Bar and the corner. Good kwah-tiew for 25-30 baht. No Udon Belly problems yet from eating there but maybe it's the extra hot peppers and spices that I like to add. =P~

fussychunk
udonmap.com

Post by fussychunk » February 7, 2007, 1:49 pm

Ahhhh I love thier create your own soup... The MK duck in the special sauce is a great side dish! :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 7, 2007, 5:27 pm

The stewed beef in MK is first class. Also the crispy pork
Anyone noticed that the MK in Tesco's is better tasting than the Complex ?
And the food in tesco's food hall is top notch too,and soooo cheap !!!
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » February 7, 2007, 10:38 pm

From.... Pub Crawl
To .......Tesco's food hall

Nobody does it like we do LOL :)

Please guys - back to crawling around pubs please

Thanks

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 7, 2007, 11:17 pm

Whoops...blame that one on fuzzychunks himself, he was asking where to get lunch time food for himself and his "moistened bint" as he calls her.
Maybe start a new one fuzzy regarding lunch time eats,or maybe not...Image

your right though, no-one goes off track better than us on here. ;) lol

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » February 7, 2007, 11:22 pm

I apologise immediately but I have to tell this one, whilst you are talking about the 'moistened bint'
I have some UK TV DVD's I am currently watching, and there is an advert on there for a new cat food. The scenario is that the cat wakes up the (female) owner in the morning on her bed and is obviously waiting to be fed - and the woman says " where would I be without my furry alarm clock"

I almost choked on my tetley tea when I hear that LOL :):):)

Now then - back to pubs and crawling ........................

Return to “Open Forum”