Bangkok - Hotel Family Accommodation

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 16, 2016, 11:19 am

If I keep my promise some time to treat my niece to her first flight (probably to BKK), I'll be looking for a quality hotel offering a room for 4 - that's 2 adults, girl(13 years), boy(4 years). Guess that means either a individual-size bed + single, or two doubles. We enjoy having an in-house breakfast too.
Central location, easy walking distance to Skytrain and/or MRT.
Any particular recommendations, please, if any members have booked similar? Thanks.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » April 16, 2016, 11:52 am

I have stayed at the Pathumwan Prince a couple of time times adjoining it is MBK shopping center and sky rail across the road is Siam Square I am sure that they would accommodate your sleeping arrangements and breakfast is very good.

It is very clean and staff are very helpful.

Worth looking at.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 16, 2016, 12:03 pm

Brian,
Ideal for a hi-so fellow like yourself is the Centara Watergate Pavilion hotel.
Its about a 5 minute walk to Central World,10 minute walk to Chitlom BTS and 15 minute walk to Siam BTS and Siam Paragon etc.
They have Family Twin rooms that can sleep 4 (two single beds) about 3,400 baht including breakfast for 4.
Also Deluxe Family Residence rooms that have a individual bed and a bunk bed.....but I think that will be over 5,000 baht a night with brekkie ??
They also have a Deluxe bedroom suite which has a double bed and a sofa bed.Thats gonna cost you 6,000 baht if you include breakfast,I reckon,but that room has a complimentary mini bar.

Downside is there is no swimming pool but it is a lovely hotel with every comfort for elderly Crystal Palace fans! 8)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » April 16, 2016, 12:08 pm

Check Asia Hotel at Ratchathewi BTS. You don`t get closer to BTS than this hotel. You can walk directly from BTS into 2nd floor of the hotel. I`m sure they can add a bed or two, if they don`t have a family room. Excellent breakfast buffet, but expensive when not included in roomprice.

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_bangkok.htm

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 16, 2016, 12:35 pm

It's been a few years, but we've stayed in the Novotel at Siam Square on many occasions when our daughter visits. It's in (not near) Siam Square, next door to MBK and the Skytrain. It's not cheap, but for us, always worth the price.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » April 16, 2016, 12:48 pm

Chatrium (riverside), excellent and have stayed there. ..... or ..... one of the Centre Points, have not sampled, but look good, various locations.

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » April 16, 2016, 4:49 pm

You can beat the Swiss Lodge (www.swisslodge.com) a really small boutique hotel just off Silom rd near the markets etc walking distance to everything look at their web page breakfast supplied.
regards Bubbles

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 16, 2016, 5:11 pm

12345 wrote:Chatrium (riverside), excellent and have stayed there. ..... or ..... one of the Centre Points, have not sampled, but look good, various locations.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 16, 2016, 5:13 pm

Whoops, my comments didnt come through! I have stayed at 4 or 5 of the Centre Point hotels and, if you can get a good deal on Agoda etc, they are great. They have 1/2/3 bedroom suites and also kitchenettes.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 16, 2016, 5:15 pm

Thank you gents so far, even you Zidane! :lol: I'll investigate further, although seems I may have to settle for somewhere less well-known, but offering a family room. A few less than 2,000 baht, but look good. I may give the impression of hi-so (nah, I wouldn't know which cutlery to use first and I'm there for the 2nd half start instead of still drinking/eating) because I follow the very best football team :-" , but unfortunately I have to baht-watch too, particularly if for a few nights to make the whole exercise worthwhile. Incidentally,I note Zidane he's only three years behind me. :shock: Same taste in the photos of beautiful women, thankfully not football teams. ;) Excuse the diversion off-topic.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 16, 2016, 6:41 pm

" Incidentally,I note Zidane he's only three years behind me." :-s

Come on,Brian,your older than 56 !! :D

About 5 years ago I stayed 3 nights in a place called the Royal Asia Lodge on Sukhumvit 8.
The location was good.Not far from Nana BTS and plenty of restaurants and bars nearby.
However,I think the last time the hotel was renovated was well before the Vietnam war !
I think an ordinary room with a/c etc.was only about 800 baht and you can get a Queen Suite for 1350 baht,including breakfast.(3 adults and a child)
If you are not hi-so it could be just the place for you......and I do remember the breakfast was surprisingly good.....honest. 8)

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » April 16, 2016, 7:50 pm

Price range, that always helps........can filter Type: serviced apts / Price: 1000-1999 / Review Score: All / Add a pool to the mix, along with restaurant and family friendly, and down to 26. Quick speed read, Viva Garden, I have stayed at, and would recommend, though a bit down the BTS line, so day passes would probably be better, and about 250 M from Viva. Also I stayed in the 1 bdrm, and that adds another 1000 baht, but 90 sq m. We kind of stayed in, and only went as far as Emporium.

Filters on left hand side, and need to chose price range and will bring up about 25 choices.

http://www.agoda.com/pages/agoda/defaul ... =reviewAll

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » April 17, 2016, 1:20 am

Take your family to Pattaya instead, Brian. There`s a hotel you might like there, at least the name:
"Welcome to Crystal Palace..." :D
http://www.crystalpalacepattaya.com/

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » April 17, 2016, 1:54 am

Bossotel inn ,at riverside area is A good location.5 minute walk to BTS,or water taxi,Also A shopping center close by,Robinson's.Not sure if they have rooms with 2 individual beds.The buffet has A lot of different variety food
For breakfast.The price is around 700-800 baht A night.
They have A website.In my opinion A better area than Sukhumvit.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » April 17, 2016, 2:23 am

Silom City Hotel is a good quality, friendly, family run hotel and they will provide interconnecting rooms on request.

http://www.silomcityhotel.com/index.html

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 17, 2016, 5:56 am

Thanks for further contributions. I need to do some homework.
Svein66 wrote:Take your family to Pattaya instead, Brian. There`s a hotel you might like there, at least the name:
"Welcome to Crystal Palace..." :D
No longer brand new, I think and was the subject of some banter a while back, if I recall correctly. Obviously, you like Pattaya, as it seems you're there more often than your 'relocated' BKK. Perhaps I'd still enjoy, but for this family trip, direct 'treat' flight, BKK less 'in your face', I feel (and a lively 4 year old to control!).
Zidane wrote:Come on,Brian,your older than 56 !! :D
Who's kidding who here? Your profile says 62, mind you, I'm sure we'd both like to be 21 again, knowing what we know now. Then, back to Pattaya? :lol:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » April 17, 2016, 1:51 pm

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 17, 2016, 3:32 pm

Just going off topic slightly.....
A good trip for you,being a football fan,with the children would be to Buriram and stay at the Amari Buriram United hotel.
Its just a couple of minutes walk to the Thunder Castle stadium where Buriram United play.
You can go on a stadium tour and there is a club shop where you can buy all sorts of footie stuff for Buriram United.
You might be lucky enough to see a match although it could be more difficult to get accommodation then.
The hotel,also,is football themed and you can buy footie stuff there as well.
The hotel staff were very friendly,particularily when I said I supported Manchester United.
It may not be the case if you admit to supporting Crystal Palace though. :D

But a decent,enjoyable trip......apologies if you have already done it ! ;)

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 17, 2016, 4:49 pm

Thanks for the thought, Zidane. But I'm more of a Palace and Udon fan than general football, which might say more than I really want it to! :lol: Sorry, but I wouldn't be that bothered about ground tours at Buriram or for that matter, the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. That's just me.
The family might not be too impressed with a football tour! As it happens, I've 'done' Thunder Castle, when Udon played there in the Cup. Yes, nice ground, which lived up to its' name with a major storm, floodlight failure - unfortunately not quite long enough stoppage for Udon to be able to claim a result. I'll spare everyone my thoughts on how 'manufactured' Buriram got where they are and the Club owner. Buriram won the game with a dubious late goal. Incidentally, the 2nd leg ruined when a tremendous downpour made it more like water polo.
Coming more back on topic, so pleased we had booked an hotel to stay over. Absolutely drenched (away fans not under cover), most fans faced a soggy return journey of several hours. We (wife and very young son then with me) stayed at a neat boutique hotel, close to the rather nicely maintained railway station. Took in popular temple next morning, before driving back.
Thai fans, without much understanding of football history, what makes an English football Club and Thai football being very young in itself, all too easily latch onto the big Clubs. Sorry for boring some readers! :oops:

Return to “Open Forum”