Eye Candy.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
trubrit
udonmap.com

Eye Candy.

Post by trubrit » October 9, 2016, 11:40 am

Just noticed on a bar sponsors topic the discussion on this . Didn,t think it fair to post on there as its not a place I would use so started this .
Firstly the reason , although I don't think its true, that only our American friends use this expression, is that in English, being a more refined language we say when we see a person we consider prettier or more handsome than normal, they are sweet to the eye, this shortens to eye candy , which I must say I rather like and use myself nowdays.It is in absolutely NO Way, derogatory, in fact quite the contrary, it is a huge compliment. I am way past the days of being considered sweet in any way, but I get the occassional handsome man call from bars I happen to be passing, which although I'm not foolish enough to believe, still gives me a chuckle .Unfortunately my eye candy spotting days are strictly limited now, mostly confined to sitting in the Center food hall and smiling at the odd one passing by, but whether I am just unlucky, or not, there doesn't seem to be so many around these days and those that are, rarely return my smile .Sign of the times I suppose.

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

udonmap.com

Re: Eye Candy.

Post by 12345 » October 9, 2016, 11:50 am

That mature, refined, distinguished ...... grey look :roll: is a special kind of eye candy.............big boy.......and surely a gleam in someone's eyes.....
hey big boy.gif
hey big boy.gif (12.97 KiB) Viewed 3006 times

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 9, 2016, 11:51 am

a fat wallet would be the hugest attractor!!
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 9, 2016, 2:39 pm

Here here TB, as always succinct and to the point.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 9, 2016, 3:15 pm

eye candy :shock: :lol: well true , candy is not used in the English vocabulary ,we also have no idea what a "Ho" is and unless going through a divorce we also don't refer to them a "Bitches" :lol: . lets be clear the use of eye candy is derogatory and sexist, try in the uk to say "thanks love" or "sweetheart" or even call someone " pretty " in a work place . as they say "there's a lawyer waiting for your call" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 9, 2016, 3:43 pm

papafarang wrote:eye candy :shock: :lol: well true , candy is not used in the English vocabulary ,we also have no idea what a "Ho" is and unless going through a divorce we also don't refer to them a "Bitches" :lol: . lets be clear the use of eye candy is derogatory and sexist, try in the uk to say "thanks love" or "sweetheart" or even call someone " pretty " in a work place . as they say "there's a lawyer waiting for your call" :lol: :lol: :lol:
You ARE kidding I take it PPF ....... I have NEVER heard the phrase used in anything but a complimentary manner :shock:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 9, 2016, 3:45 pm

papafarang wrote:eye candy :shock: :lol: well true , candy is not used in the English vocabulary ,we also have no idea what a "Ho" is and unless going through a divorce we also don't refer to them a "Bitches" :lol: . lets be clear the use of eye candy is derogatory and sexist, try in the uk to say "thanks love" or "sweetheart" or even call someone " pretty " in a work place . as they say "there's a lawyer waiting for your call" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well it's been over a decade since I spent any time in England so I am not in a position to dispute what you say but if thats true then it really is a sad state of affairs.Where I lived in the poorer part of London, the east end, everyone and their grandma used love or sweetheart, even with people they barely knew. You couldn't go shopping without the assistant, as you were handed your change addressing you with a thanks love or even thanks darling. It had no conotation other than that of being friendly. As for calling someone pretty, well by the pictures of the young girls of today, I see in magazines etc, you would be hard pressed to use that description anyway. :-"

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 9, 2016, 4:00 pm

In England or where I live Truebit in the North of England, we call pretty girls Totty if there really pretty there classed as Top Totty.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 9, 2016, 4:09 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
You ARE kidding I take it PPF ....... I have NEVER heard the phrase used in anything but a complimentary manner :shock:
see theres the problem, we mean it in a nice way, but being in the 21st century a lot of the opposite sex don't see it that way
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 9, 2016, 4:25 pm

It's never been the same since we let them have a vote.

Just think before they were allowed to vote there was no such thing as Thatcherism, Trees are Green/Brown/May (whatever) kept her mouth shut until she was spoken too and Hilary Clinton wouldn't have dared to even SEND an e-mail let alone delete it before anyone saw it :-"

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 9, 2016, 4:25 pm

vlad wrote:In England or where I live Truebit in the North of England, we call pretty girls Totty if there really pretty there classed as Top Totty.
Heres some "Top Totty" to roll back the years for Udon Expats....... ;)
Top Totty.jpg
Top Totty beer.jpg
Although many farangs over here have to settle for this...... :(
Old Slapper beer.jpg
Old Slapper beer.jpg (18.34 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 9, 2016, 4:37 pm

all this PC crap going on, imagine going back to the 70's ,we could have beauty pageants again, alf garnet and my favorite ... love thy neighbor . you lucky buggers being free from all that PC stuff in thailand

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 9, 2016, 4:48 pm

Thought this would interest lovers of Totty.
_91509746_befunkycollage.jpg
This attractive young lady was produced on a computer by a Japanese couple wanting to illustrate the finer points of beauty appreciated by the men of that country .What I find particarly interesting is that it is said to show not only the physical elements they find desirable but the attributes of demureness and modesty . The latter being completely lost from most western women .

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » October 9, 2016, 5:46 pm

There's a big difference between loving to look at "totty" & desiring over a computer simulation of a schoolgirl :shock:
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 9, 2016, 6:43 pm

And Then Again, There's Always This
post-1281-0-47766800-1456581178.jpg

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 9, 2016, 6:46 pm

Or Even This with a Big Ass.......
Oh Yeah.jpeg
Oh Yeah.jpeg (46.13 KiB) Viewed 3154 times

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 9, 2016, 6:48 pm

But Top Totty Has to be FLUCKERS Girlfriend.....
saga.gif
saga.gif (62.39 KiB) Viewed 3155 times

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 9, 2016, 7:10 pm

THIS IS A MEDICAL WARNING!!

It could happen to you, your family and friends!!

HERSHEY Chocolate can cause SMALL FEET
Warn everyone !!
Hersey chocolate.jpg
Hersey chocolate.jpg (38.37 KiB) Viewed 3137 times

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » October 9, 2016, 8:09 pm

747 Are you familiar with the phrase,''your trying to hard''? your embarrassing yourself :oops: :oops: :oops: you fat mong :D taxi driver who has to work for 6 months of the year,at your age???? lol,what went wrong in your life???? :-" :-" :-"

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 9, 2016, 8:17 pm

Just going slightly off topic,which I know may offend some members,but I found this article in the Telegraph from 2012 which says that Top Totty beer was banned from the House of Commons because a female MP found it to be sexist ! [-X
Looking at her,you could well see that she could be a fan of the "Old Slapper" beer ! :-&

Totty beer sales rise after House of Commons ban
A feminist campaign which led to "Top Totty" beer being banned from the House Of Commons bar has backfired - after sales increased across the country.
Top Totty beer banned from Parliamentary bar in case if offends women 09 Feb 2012
Family-run Staffordshire brewer Slater's revealed it has seen sales jump since one of its ales upset a MP Kate Green and attracted headlines around the world last week.
Slater's sales director Fay Slater announced that the firm has been bombarded with phone calls and emails from landlords wanting to get their hands on barrels of Top Totty.
The welcome boost for the popular ale comes after the four per cent beer was removed from sale at the Strangers' Bar, in the Houses of Parliament, after shadow equalities minister Ms Green said the pump clip, which features a half-naked lady, was offensive.
Now Slater's says it has sold around 50 more barrels than it shifts in an average week, with around half a dozen pubs saying they want to start selling the controversial ale too.
"We have had emails coming in from up and down the country - London, Scotland, Lancashire - you name it, wanting our beer," she said.
MP objects to Top Totty beer.jpg
Anyway,back on subject,heres some more "Top Totty".I know this thread will have its knockers but its led to some very interesting discussion...... ;)
JieJie.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “Open Forum”