School Holiday dates

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

School Holiday dates

Post by stattointhailand » October 21, 2016, 11:47 am

Just been told by the other 'arf that little un will not be starting back at school next Tues as previously advised.
Why?, because HM died
It would seem although she's only heard through the grape vine that school will restart somewhere around 7th of next month.
Anyone else heard anything or had any dates confirmed?

747man
udonmap.com

Re: School Holiday dates

Post by 747man » October 21, 2016, 12:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Just been told by the other 'arf that little un will not be starting back at school next Tues as previously advised.
Why?, because HM died
It would seem although she's only heard through the grape vine that school will restart somewhere around 7th of next month.
Anyone else heard anything or had any dates confirmed?
Yeah My Mates Little Fella here in Nong Khai has been told the same around the 7th of November... :shock: :shock:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 21, 2016, 12:25 pm

Panic over ...... sent the Mrs to the school to get confirmation and she's just come back and said that NO CHANGE school re-opens next Tuesday 25th. It would appear that some schools in BKK have had their reopening times changed but not in Udon ......... seems that a message was given on TV but did not make it clear :confused: :roll:

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 21, 2016, 3:25 pm

Also depends on the school, and as pointed out, location / province.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 21, 2016, 3:48 pm

May be I was being dumb and just not thinking again, but I could not think of ANY reason for a school to close for an extra 2 weeks because of the events of 13th inst ........ apart from one or two schools in BKK near to the palace which they may need to use for extra parking etc the ONLY thing I can see that would need to be altered in schools would be the wording in one or two songs and prayers, which is hardly a reason to close the school :-$ Perhaps they couldn't survive without the kids progs on TV for a couple of weeks :-"

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 21, 2016, 3:52 pm

yes depends on public or private school.....missus is a teacher and she is still aiming for 1st Nov start...but will quizz her again...sometimes I get the blank stare when conversing, or a shake of the head that could mean anything, yes is no, and no is yes, or is that down is up and up is down...

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » October 21, 2016, 6:19 pm

Officially schools re-open 1/11. Kids are allowed in the internet cafe at 10:00am until 31/10 as opposed to 14:00pm during terms. There has been no formal change in Udon but some schools vary dates. However government guidelines remains the same.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 21, 2016, 8:30 pm

maaka wrote:yes depends on public or private school.....missus is a teacher and she is still aiming for 1st Nov start...but will quizz her again...sometimes I get the blank stare when conversing, or a shake of the head that could mean anything, yes is no, and no is yes, or is that down is up and up is down...
What.........having a problem translating .... "err" and simple eyebrow movements :lol:

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 24, 2016, 6:03 am

I thought that was ' urr '
yes is 1st Nov start for us country bumkins...

Return to “Open Forum”