A favourite song?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: A favourite song?

Post by vincemunday » October 10, 2017, 9:22 am

I’d never heard of Years & Years and I was a bit sceptical, not many of this type of singer can actually sing, they run their voices through computers to make them sound better than they really are. However, I dug out a live track and the lad can sing very well. Really not so sure about his sparkly shorts tho.

Years & Years - Shine (live) https://youtu.be/G3DKoYk-LyI

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 10, 2017, 3:15 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 10, 2017, 9:22 am
I’d never heard of Years & Years and I was a bit sceptical, not many of this type of singer can actually sing, they run their voices through computers to make them sound better than they really are. However, I dug out a live track and the lad can sing very well. Really not so sure about his sparkly shorts tho.

Years & Years - Shine (live) https://youtu.be/G3DKoYk-LyI
Vince, You've NEVER Heard of them.....Where you been living " On The Moon " ?? :lol: :lol:

As for The Sparkly Shorts, I Reckon you'd look good in Day & Night in Udon Wearing those, Mate.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 10, 2017, 3:23 pm

Ha ha! I'm usually pretty good with music, I tend to like most genres but yeah I have to admit I'd never heard of them. To be honest, since I've been living here I have probably listened to more Mor Lum than any music from the UK and I've developed a penchant for what they call " Vietnam War" songs like paint it black, white rabbit etc, must drive my neighbours nuts.

I have these on order :)
Attachments
IMG_0159.JPG
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 10, 2017, 5:50 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 10, 2017, 3:23 pm
Ha ha! I'm usually pretty good with music, I tend to like most genres but yeah I have to admit I'd never heard of them. To be honest, since I've been living here I have probably listened to more Mor Lum than any music from the UK and I've developed a penchant for what they call " Vietnam War" songs like paint it black, white rabbit etc, must drive my neighbours nuts.

I have these on order :)
Looking Good Vince, But I Thought you might have ordered them in CLARET & SKY BLUE ???.....

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 10, 2017, 6:24 pm

F**k me! You can't keep some people happy, there I am trying to look drop dead sexy and someone denigrates my choice of colour.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 10, 2017, 6:28 pm

Getting the thread back on track, IMO the greatest female artist of all time, yes I'm open to other people's opinions

Barbara Streisand - The Way We Were https://youtu.be/qUBh0CRfj9E

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » October 10, 2017, 6:38 pm

Barney wrote:
October 9, 2017, 5:16 pm
I don't have a favourite song but a favourite era. late 70's and early 80's aussie pub rock bands.
Most of my local pubs with live music shut at 3am, 4 or 5 nights a week. Many a difficult wake up for work.

Just some bands off a list I found like below. I saw the majority. It was the aussie rock era but credit where credit is due a lot of kiwi bands or kiwi's in the band helped create this memorable time in my life. It coincided with the disco era which did not interest me unless you wanted to check out the snobby girls.

Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil, Rose Tattoo, Hunters & Collectors, Paul Kelly, Sunnyboys, Australian Crawl, Divinyls, Skyhooks, Icehouse, The Church and Dragon, "Weddings, Parties, Anything", Painters & Dockers, The Johnnys, The Screaming Tribesmen, The Lime Spiders, The Dingoes and V. Spy V. Spy. and many more.
Man of my own heart Barney. Pub rock was amazing in Melbourne back in the day. Oils at The Tarmac in Laverton was one of the best gigs I ever went to: "Let's Surf........ :guitar: "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayi4JiRUhzQ
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 10, 2017, 8:59 pm

marjamlew wrote:
October 10, 2017, 6:38 pm
Barney wrote:
October 9, 2017, 5:16 pm
I don't have a favourite song but a favourite era. late 70's and early 80's aussie pub rock bands.
Most of my local pubs with live music shut at 3am, 4 or 5 nights a week. Many a difficult wake up for work.

Just some bands off a list I found like below. I saw the majority. It was the aussie rock era but credit where credit is due a lot of kiwi bands or kiwi's in the band helped create this memorable time in my life. It coincided with the disco era which did not interest me unless you wanted to check out the snobby girls.

Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil, Rose Tattoo, Hunters & Collectors, Paul Kelly, Sunnyboys, Australian Crawl, Divinyls, Skyhooks, Icehouse, The Church and Dragon, "Weddings, Parties, Anything", Painters & Dockers, The Johnnys, The Screaming Tribesmen, The Lime Spiders, The Dingoes and V. Spy V. Spy. and many more.
Man of my own heart Barney. Pub rock was amazing in Melbourne back in the day. Oils at The Tarmac in Laverton was one of the best gigs I ever went to: "Let's Surf........ :guitar: "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayi4JiRUhzQ
Barney

AC/DC and The Angels, Hoodoo Gurus

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 10, 2017, 9:27 pm

Must be Kate Bush especially Babooshka one sexy Female in her day.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 10, 2017, 9:29 pm

Fantastic band, AC/DC have to be in my top 10

AC/DC - Thunderstruck - https://youtu.be/v2AC41dglnM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 10, 2017, 10:56 pm

I’m not sure Kate Bush was/is in the same league as Streisand but you’re right Vlad, she was a very sexy girl back in those days although rumour had it that she could be bit of a Moo in real life.

Kate Bush - Babooshka https://youtu.be/6xckBwPdo1c

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 11, 2017, 9:55 am

Another Favourite Song of Mine.......https://youtu.be/1EV8caU2E4g

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 11, 2017, 9:58 am

Here's One for Zidane ( The Cheshire Chav.) :lol: :lol: ......https://youtu.be/_g-VuCFUa7c
Last edited by 747man on October 11, 2017, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » October 11, 2017, 10:25 am

For all you Australian aficionados of the 70's and 80's music. One band I particularly liked was Mondo Rock

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 11, 2017, 11:01 am

Another new band to me.

Mondo .Rock - Cool world - https://youtu.be/5WRozCdiR6U

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 11, 2017, 2:33 pm

747man wrote:
October 11, 2017, 9:58 am
Here's One for Zidane ( The Cheshire Chav.) :lol: :lol: ......https://youtu.be/_g-VuCFUa7c
Thanks,Alan,but not one of her better songs......but whose listening,eh ! :D

Try this one......Sweet Dreams is the title.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlxByc0-V40
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 11, 2017, 3:14 pm

Sweet dreams? Surely there was only one song called sweet dreams?

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams - https://youtu.be/qeMFqkcPYcg

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » October 11, 2017, 3:42 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 7, 2017, 4:56 pm
if you have a favourite song and want to share it that would be great.
Although topic is favourite SONGS, noticeable that responses have overwhelmingly been regarding members' favourite performer, group or genre. :?
Looking at my selection of 12 favourite songs,( after all how many 'favourites, can you have?), compared to those of other members, seems I am the 'oddball here. :oops: :lol: But all of my selections possess some special personal association from my life, so forgive me. Although hardly necessary , ( well, to older members :-" ), I have included my preferred performer. No special order of preference, except No.1!
1. Because (God made thee mine). My Dad ,with Mario Lanza, as my second choice. My Dad's special song for my Mum, and which he sang to her on every special occasion, even well into his eighties.
2. Don't laugh at me cause I'm a fool. Norman Wisdom.
3. It's a wonderful world. Louis Armstrong.
4.Ave Maria. Mario Lanza in a duet with a young choirboy. In one of the former's movies, the title of which I forget.
5. Annie's Song. John Denver.
6.As long as he needs me. Whitney Houston.
7.It's Magic. Doris Day.
8.Green, green grass of home. Tom Jones
9.The Prayer. Andrea Bocelli & Dion Celine.
10.Nessum Dorma. Pavarotti.
11.Didn't we almost have it all. Whitney Houston.
12.Wonderful tonight. Me!! Following in my father's example, my special song, for my special lady. Trouble is, have to leave the vocals to Clapton these days, as my voice has gone awol :( .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 11, 2017, 3:54 pm

Couldn't find the track by "me" ;)

Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma - https://youtu.be/rTFUM4Uh_6Y

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » October 11, 2017, 5:34 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 11, 2017, 3:54 pm
Couldn't find the track by "me" ;)
That's because, due to an alleged lack of demand, my track was unfairly taken off the market, and a pirated version by someone called Eric Clapton was issued! :evil:
Just realized, I omitted "My Way", the lyrics of which ensures this song a place among my top all time favourites.

Return to “Open Forum”