Yet another school shooting in the US

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by pepesgrill » May 25, 2022, 1:23 pm

kid aint stupid my only point . figured out how to
purchase, obtain, train himself how to use an auto
rifle. crazier than a canuck with no maple syrup yes

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2022, 1:46 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 25, 2022, 7:43 am
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) tweeted that he and his wife are praying for the children and families affected by the incident and expressed his disdain for the conversation about gun legislation.

“You see Democrats and a lot of folks in the media whose immediate solution is to try to restrict the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens,” he said. “That doesn’t work. That’s not effective. It doesn’t prevent crime.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... s-updates/
Typical Cruz. Say's it's inappropriate for Democrats to comment on gun legislation at such a terribly sad time... but goes ahead and comments on gun legislation anyway.

There's a special place in Hell waiting for Cruz.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 25, 2022, 1:50 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
May 25, 2022, 1:23 pm
Excuse me Canadians are not crazy...Within weeks of a mass shooting, the Canadian government passed a ban on assault-style weapons despite widespread firearms ownership and vocal gun rights groups...They have common sense and don't put the lives of children before GUNS.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 25, 2022, 2:11 pm

oh stop. stuck in your log cabin all winter with
nothing but a few tins of anchovies and a weak
'net. you're crazier than a moose with no antlers

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 25, 2022, 2:42 pm

When will these peabrained bl**dy idiots realise that "Praying for them" has never and will never work

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 25, 2022, 3:04 pm

ted cruz and boris could've been flatmates at eton
he was born in canada, and a longtime canadian
citizen. how did he end up in texas , its so bizarre
Last edited by pepesgrill on May 25, 2022, 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2022, 3:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 25, 2022, 2:42 pm
When will these peabrained bl**dy idiots realise that "Praying for them" has never and will never work
Give some credit to the peabrained bluudy idiots that keep voting for them.

And the faarkwits sitting on the Supreme Court who refuse to do anything about the absurdity.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 25, 2022, 3:13 pm

oh my , ted's getting positively shredded and
ridiculed ( rightfully so) i mean no mercy lambasting. he might get deported back to canada

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 25, 2022, 3:29 pm

tamada wrote:
May 25, 2022, 1:46 pm
There's a special place in Hell waiting for Cruz.
I hope so. He's a dreadful man.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 25, 2022, 3:34 pm

ted cruz's campaign accepted hundreds of thousands in donations from gun lobbyists. dads preacher thinks ted is fullfilling biblical prophecy

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2022, 4:06 pm

It is obvious looking in from the outside, that something is seriously wrong in the United States of America . Yet another shooting at an Educational facility this time children 10 or younger lost their lives plus at least three adults, at least three are still critical so those figures may rise.
After Sandy Hook there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth but amazingly the SENATE that august body of elected men and women decided in their wisdom to change nothing and some states even made it easier to buy and hold guns one even relaxed carrying them in public openly, to my knowledge, whereas Many countries including ,many in Europe tightened the laws regarding ownership and other rules relating to gun ownership yet the SENATE ( remember those coted to represent and protect the general public in their states ) DID NOTHING , not wishing to upset a lot of people who cling onto their constitutional right which if I remember correctly was written nearly THREER centuries ago when Gun Ownership was a preqiste of being an American and protect family, town and country. NOW that this country has now at its disposal an large Military ( Sea/Air and Land ) PLUS supposedly TRAINED LAW ENFORCEMENT , the requirement to own guns has certainly diminished

But many of these ELECTED SENATORS rely on funding from the NRA so they will not wish to upset them. Americans are clinging to a law 3 centuries old or thereabouts, which is outdated and no longer fits the purpose `.

Changing GUN laws is not the panacea for all Gun related crimes, but it will certainly assist plus the complete change of mindset is also required and that is the hardest part considering what occurred on Jan 6 2021.

#However in my book those 100 Men and women elected to not only hold up the Constitution need to agree that it needs to be amended ion order to protect the General public and so far they have been unable to do so. That is the SHAME that they bear.

It starts at the top and maybe just maybe this will be the straw that breaks the back of the indolence and the laziness by the senate to actually act for once for the GOOD of the American People.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 25, 2022, 6:15 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 25, 2022, 1:50 pm
pepesgrill wrote:
May 25, 2022, 1:23 pm
Excuse me Canadians are not crazy...Within weeks of a mass shooting, the Canadian government passed a ban on assault-style weapons despite widespread firearms ownership and vocal gun rights groups...They have common sense and don't put the lives of children before GUNS.
It should be pointed out that assault style weapons are not sold in Canada anyway so there was no need to ban their sale here. Any that are in the country were brought in illegally from the U.S. usually through reservations. Handguns are sold legally in the country are are registered. However, there are large numbers of illegal handguns in Canada that were smuggled in from the U.S. These are used by gangs when stealing cars, violence between gangs, home invasions, kidnappings, robberies and so on.

I don't remember mass shootings like this, or many shootings of any kind, in Canada or the U.S.A. in the fifties and sixties. What happened to change from a peaceful to a violent society? Was it solely the NRA (in the U.S.) or were other factors involved?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 25, 2022, 7:39 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
May 25, 2022, 3:13 pm
oh my , ted's getting positively shredded and
ridiculed ( rightfully so) i mean no mercy lambasting. he might get deported back to canada
Despite being born in Canada he is an American citizen.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 25, 2022, 7:46 pm

are you and newtovillagelife having a contest ?
stupid is as stupid posts? he's a u.s. senator ?
do you think this is a position open to tourists?

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 25, 2022, 7:59 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 25, 2022, 6:15 pm
I don't remember mass shootings like this, or many shootings of any kind, in Canada or the U.S.A. in the fifties and sixties. What happened to change from a peaceful to a violent society? Was it solely the NRA (in the U.S.) or were other factors involved?
or 70s or 80s when did it start ? with video games?
fb ? twitter ? the internet ? no parents at home anymore? i'm glad someone asking deep questions

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 25, 2022, 8:22 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
May 25, 2022, 7:46 pm
are you and newtovillagelife having a contest ?
stupid is as stupid posts? he's a u.s. senator ?
do you think this is a position open to tourists?
Duh, you are the clown that suggested he should be sent back to Canada. He was born an American citizen.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » May 25, 2022, 8:43 pm

Rafael Edward Cruz was born on December 22, 1970,[4][5] at Foothills Medical Centre[6][7] in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to Eleanor Elizabeth (née Darragh) Wilson and Rafael Cruz.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 25, 2022, 8:46 pm

trekkertony wrote:
May 25, 2022, 8:43 pm
Rafael Edward Cruz was born on December 22, 1970,[4][5] at Foothills Medical Centre[6][7] in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to Eleanor Elizabeth (née Darragh) Wilson and Rafael Cruz.
And they still don't want to legalise abortions [-X

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 25, 2022, 8:59 pm

trekkertony wrote:
May 25, 2022, 8:43 pm
Still born an American citizen. Nobody can ever be President unless born an American citizen. Can be a senator or congressman but not president. Of course Ted had a couple of failed attempts to be Republican nominee for the White House.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 25, 2022, 9:02 pm

He's also had a couple of failed attempts to engage his brain ...... but there's still hope

Return to “Open Forum”