Yet another school shooting in the US

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Khun Paul » June 2, 2022, 10:03 am

Yes sone is NOT criticising their rights, jus how it is executed, most would I am sure accpt background check, security of arms in a house, No Aotomatic rifles unless kept in an Armoury.
Bearing arms may be a right but when the Constitution was written, Muzzle loaders were the thing and maybe 3 shots a minute in the hands of an expert, NOT 20 or so continually. The world xhas changed and sop to should the US of A. These shootings ae a reality check and a huge wake up call.
Mental illness has only a small part to play in this scenario

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 2, 2022, 11:19 am

There are a number of reasons for this insanity with mental illness at the top of this list. Permissive parenthood, drugs and liberal laws are in that list. A person HAS to be mentally ill to kill innocent people. That said, assault riffles and magazines that hold more than 5 rounds are certainly not necessary for normal people.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 2, 2022, 11:58 am

glalt wrote:
June 2, 2022, 11:19 am
There are a number of reasons for this insanity with mental illness at the top of this list. Permissive parenthood, drugs and liberal laws are in that list. A person HAS to be mentally ill to kill innocent people. That said, assault riffles and magazines that hold more than 5 rounds are certainly not necessary for normal people.
Going forward, I can't imagine that the mental health of America's children will benefit from attending fortress schools with bunkers, armed teachers and the weekly hide-under-the-desk-and-play-dead drills. Of course the parents think it's great as they tootle off to work with the warm fuzzy feeling of their concealed carry permit despite the vast majority of them not working in or driving through a ghetto, being a gang member or... teaching in a school.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2022, 2:06 pm

glalt wrote:
June 2, 2022, 11:19 am
Absolutely agree. Hunting is still a part of USA culture and I have no wish that this ceases. However it should be limited to single round rifle with bolt action feeding the round. Most deer don't become aggressive when being shot at so no need for semi automatic weapons using small caliber 5.56mm rounds. What's it going to be like when NATO adopts the new 6.8mm round that's designed to defeat present day body armour. Semi automatics with that size of round and its killing power freely available to all and sundry???

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 2, 2022, 2:30 pm

Permissive parenthood, drugs and liberal laws are in that list.
hardly, plenty of that behavior goes on all over the world, but none suffer the mass murders the usa has. America has a gun culture that's why it happens.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 2, 2022, 4:24 pm

I dis-agree a person DOES not have to be mentally ill to kill. I was trained to kill in the Army, as were many millions across the globe.
It is the culture the lack of parenting and the permissiveness of society in general . Loo0k at us, multiple genders, Rights for this and that , rather than help, whip out a phone and record. Loss of communication skills across the board

In my day, Male Female and ODD ( which covered anything anyone wanted to be if not the first two.
Guns were things the Military had , others joined Gun cvlubs and that is where the guns stayed.
I remember a very old convict who was talking to me not long after I became a P:olice Officer, Convicts do not shoot the Police , not good and certainly to get the Death penalty , so not good.
These days anyone it seems can shoot anyone almost anywhere and be put to death... Nope the State pays to keep you alive in relative comfort, now that is stupid.
The old saying Live by the sword die by the sword, should apply inserting gun for sword, Just bloody shoot them . Gun violence will soon go down , as the Murderers are eradicated and people realise the futility of it all.
We all have or had kids, did you spare the rod or deny privledges, I bet you di. These days all courts are friendly places. I ponce did a stint at Exeter Crown Court. The cells were in the dungeons of the old castle and the courtroom was so forbidding I was glad I was a good guy. The sheer atmosphere struck terror into me, what a prisoner thought was twice as worse.
There is no longer any deterrent , thanks to the liberal namby pamby brigade.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 16, 2022, 1:54 pm

This guy is quite funny at times, but poignantly so on this occasion.
NEW RECORD AS AMERICA GOES ENTIRE SCHOOL DAY WITHOUT MASS SHOOTING

American teachers are celebrating the brief opportunity to teach classes without having to whisper in terrified huddles.

A proud student said: “Today I learnt how to run without having to duck and hide.”

Meanwhile, all Americans are warned to stay away from that quiet teenager who is “a bit distant”.

Gun regulators are urged to just let the kid buy his bazooka before he causes any trouble.
https://thenewdaily.com.au/opinion/2022 ... -ferguson/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 18, 2022, 6:51 am

Interesting tit-bit in the news, nealt 400 officers at the scene at the latest Mass shooting, and most seem to be worried about their safety. This is truly a sad day for Policing in America and judging by hundreds of Videos showing ignorant and egotistical Police Officers of all branches in America NO surprised /

If I had talked or acted the way many of them do I would havce lost my job in a heartbeat. Communication is NOT a skill set used by many it seems

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 20, 2022, 10:37 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 18, 2022, 6:51 am
Interesting tit-bit in the news, nealt 400 officers at the scene at the latest Mass shooting, and most seem to be worried about their safety. This is truly a sad day for Policing in America and judging by hundreds of Videos showing ignorant and egotistical Police Officers of all branches in America NO surprised /

If I had talked or acted the way many of them do I would havce lost my job in a heartbeat. Communication is NOT a skill set used by many it seems
You can say that again.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 20, 2022, 10:42 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 16, 2022, 1:54 pm
This guy is quite funny at times, but poignantly so on this occasion.
NEW RECORD AS AMERICA GOES ENTIRE SCHOOL DAY WITHOUT MASS SHOOTING

American teachers are celebrating the brief opportunity to teach classes without having to whisper in terrified huddles.

A proud student said: “Today I learnt how to run without having to duck and hide.”

Meanwhile, all Americans are warned to stay away from that quiet teenager who is “a bit distant”.

Gun regulators are urged to just let the kid buy his bazooka before he causes any trouble.
https://thenewdaily.com.au/opinion/2022 ... -ferguson/
I get it, but it's school summer holidays in July and half of August in the U.S. so there shouldn't be too many mass shootings during this time period. Watch for it!
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 21, 2022, 6:09 am

Doesn't that just gives the kids more free time to visit the gun shop or drewel over gun ads in the magazines?

Return to “Open Forum”