TV

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
tomboy
udonmap.com

TV

Post by tomboy » July 19, 2018, 12:53 pm

Have any members installed Fun Media IPTF here in Udonthani?.I am told that that it costs around 1,750 baht per year and far better than cable TV.Any information on installation and list of channels available would be appreciated.

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: TV

Post by pal52 » July 19, 2018, 2:33 pm

Just been to TBar.
Steve showed me the TV with it on.
Excellent App & he now uses it for all sports.
The price is correct at 1750 per year.
Steve says it is the best value App on the market as it has a huge amount of coverage from Movies,Sport live TV etc.
You need an Android box for best viewing.
Call in TBar & Steve will give you the info on it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 28, 2018, 7:01 pm

Doing a 72-hour trial of funmedia.live this weekend.

Will watch the Hungarian GP.

So far, so good.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 30, 2018, 9:31 am

I've gone for the trial too, so far not too bad just the very occasional spooling, it'll be interesting to see how it performs during a big football match, not long to wait.

One minor moan, the space ship graphic on the main menu makes it difficult to read the titles, if anyone works out how to get rid of it...
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2018, 12:20 pm

I found it smoother using chrome rather than FF. Also try the lower resolution HD instead of FHD. The coverage of the Hungarian GP was flawless on chrome whereas I had buffering watching the previous day's qualifying on FF.

Haven't seen any space ships on my main menu yet...

Ah yes, the big game...
The Big Game.jpg
The Big Game

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 30, 2018, 12:54 pm

Not sure how you are watching it Tam but I'm using the actual FunMedia app which has a main menu with a space theme and the live tv sub menu has an enormous space station type thing that makes it very difficult to read the sub menus that lead on from there. In all honesty I'm pretty glad I only paid for a 3 day test, the picture quality is great but the spooling is driving me mad, it's not as good as some of the other packages out there.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2018, 4:22 pm

You have a smart TV then? I am watching it in a web browser on the PC with an HDMI hookup to the 'dumb' bedroom TV if there's anything Mrs tam wants to watch. I guess they send you a link to download the app when you emailed for the trial setup?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 30, 2018, 4:54 pm

Yes I have a smart TV but I’m actually using a high end Android box connected to the TV by HD lead and to the modem by an Ethernet cable which will ordinarily outperform the (really not so) smart TV. Yes they send a link to their APK which you download and install but from what I’ve seen of the app it’s not very well thought out, the space theme makes it quite difficult to see the menu items. My overall opinion is that I’m glad I only bought a 72 hour pass, the spooling is driving me nuts, I’ve used far better packages but in its favour it’s cheap, I guess you get what you pay for.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2018, 7:19 pm

Good to know. I'll stick with their web browser version for now. They've got Aljazeera and RT so makes a change from the usual BBC, Sky, Fox and CNN stock looped media spiel. Found a stack of 2018 movies that I have been cherry picking for download and also checking out their pile of US channels too. There's a whole list of other countries listed... 128 Norwegian ones and 19 from Afghanistan as well.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 30, 2018, 7:22 pm

Anybody use Apple TV regularly?
The villa we rented recently had one so I just logged in with my usual Apple ID & got everything I'd normally have access to in the UK
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 30, 2018, 8:08 pm

Yes I have a jailbroken Apple TV2 and a 3 but I don’t think they’re as good as Android, if you have one that’s jailbroken look after it, you can’t unlock the newer ones, If it’s one of the later versions you can’t install Kodi etc. I also hate the little silver remote.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 30, 2018, 8:13 pm

Yes the remote is pap.
I use an app on my phone & its a lot easier to navigate around
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 30, 2018, 8:43 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 30, 2018, 8:13 pm
Yes the remote is pap.
I use an app on my phone & its a lot easier to navigate around
I got a mac laptop some years ago in Singapore and it came with a small Apple TV box. Never used it.
Would I just use that apple TV with the apple laptop and connect to the smart TV. No idea how it works?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 31, 2018, 5:45 am

You can use it either way, connect the box to your tv via the HDMI lead and log into your apple account using the crappy silver remote and you can stream movies etc OR you can send the movie from your various devices to your tv via the apple box using AirPlay. However, if the apple t.v. box is as old as you say it's most likely a v2? If it is you can jailbreak it (look on YouTube) put Kodi etc on it and use the apple tv like you would an android box. Alternatively just buy Android boxes and either sling the Apple tv in a drawer like i have or sell it.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 31, 2018, 7:26 am

Getting back to the FunMedia app, today it's worse than ever, I wouldn't recommend signing up for this package unless you are VERY patient, it spools all the time which makes it a nightmare to watch and I've got a really good internet connection and a newish Android box, be interested to know how others are finding it?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 31, 2018, 9:35 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 31, 2018, 5:45 am
You can use it either way, connect the box to your tv via the HDMI lead and log into your apple account using the crappy silver remote and you can stream movies etc OR you can send the movie from your various devices to your tv via the apple box using AirPlay. However, if the apple t.v. box is as old as you say it's most likely a v2? If it is you can jailbreak it (look on YouTube) put Kodi etc on it and use the apple tv like you would an android box. Alternatively just buy Android boxes and either sling the Apple tv in a drawer like i have or sell it.
The v2 was discontinued in March 2012 so it could easily be a v3.1 or v3.2, they all use the silver remote and were the same price.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 31, 2018, 10:09 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 31, 2018, 7:26 am
Getting back to the FunMedia app, today it's worse than ever, I wouldn't recommend signing up for this package unless you are VERY patient, it spools all the time which makes it a nightmare to watch and I've got a really good internet connection and a newish Android box, be interested to know how others are finding it?
Sounds like the app possibly has issues. I assume you've done the 'big reset' of modems/routers/boxes, etc.. Maybe pop down and see Steve at T-bar and see how his hookup is performing. The OP spoke highly of it and says Steve is also using the app versus the browser option like I am.

In the meantime, their browser service is still good. I had a couple of buffering moments watching ABC news from the US last night but otherwise, working well in Chrome and my 3BB 100/30 fiber connection.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 31, 2018, 10:33 am

Still can't beat kodi set up correctly and free, tried various paid packages before and some just disappeared! I can watch live sports all the series, news etc without any hassle and I'm using wifI as the connection not even hard wired yet

Return to “Open Forum”