REPORTING ARRIVAL IN THAILAND/UDON TO IMMIGRATION

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vidmaster
udonmap.com

REPORTING ARRIVAL IN THAILAND/UDON TO IMMIGRATION

Post by vidmaster » August 15, 2018, 10:07 pm

On the Thaivisa a guy said he had been fined 1600 baht because he did not report his address landlords letter etc etc immediately he returned back in Pattaya
Anyone know if the files have changed since I left in March2018 as I’m returning in early October and I don’t usually report address etc until I am renewing my retirement visa
All advice is welcome
Thanks in advance

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: REPORTING ARRIVAL IN THAILAND/UDON TO IMMIGRATION

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 15, 2018, 11:35 pm

vidmaster wrote:
August 15, 2018, 10:07 pm
On the Thaivisa a guy said he had been fined 1600 baht because he did not report his address landlords letter etc etc immediately he returned back in Pattaya
Anyone know if the files have changed since I left in March2018 as I’m returning in early October and I don’t usually report address etc until I am renewing my retirement visa
All advice is welcome
Thanks in advance
At the moment and AFAIK Udon immigration is not fining people nor are they insisting on the 24 hour requirement, they are doing both of the reports and attaching the counterfoils in your passport when you apply for an extension or do a 90 day report whichever is sooner. They are checking for the counterfoiles on subsequent visits.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » August 15, 2018, 11:55 pm

Thanks

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » August 16, 2018, 10:46 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 15, 2018, 11:35 pm
vidmaster wrote:
August 15, 2018, 10:07 pm
All advice is welcome
Thanks in advance
At the moment and AFAIK Udon immigration is not fining people nor are they insisting on the 24 hour requirement, they are doing both of the reports and attaching the counterfoils in your passport when you apply for an extension or do a 90 day report whichever is sooner. They are checking for the counterfoiles on subsequent visits.
The way they have explained the rules to me is that if you return to a previous registered adress there is no need to visit immigration within 24 hours, but if you are on a new adress you better go and tell them within 24 hours.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 16, 2018, 11:23 am

lassebasse wrote:
August 16, 2018, 10:46 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 15, 2018, 11:35 pm

The way they have explained the rules to me is that if you return to a previous registered adress there is no need to visit immigration within 24 hours, but if you are on a new adress you better go and tell them within 24 hours.
My visit was a couple of months after arriving at a new address.

Do you know anyone ( or can you point to any report of anyone) who has been fined by Udon immigration?

Other immigration offices, yes, Udon, no, or at least not yet.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

marcusb
udonmap.com

Post by marcusb » August 16, 2018, 9:03 pm

Amazing how they differ. I was fined 2000 when I first arrived in Nan 5 years ago for not reporting. Then moved to Ubon and they laughed when I reported. Now back in Nan and reported promptly. But get this, if I go to Ubon, two days on the bike, they want me to report to the police at the halfway point where I get a motel, again at ubon police or immigration and the same for the trip back. Its ridiculous. Udon folks, count your blessings.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » August 16, 2018, 9:05 pm

T.I.T😩🤓

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 16, 2018, 9:35 pm

marcusb wrote:
August 16, 2018, 9:03 pm
Amazing how they differ. I was fined 2000 when I first arrived in Nan 5 years ago for not reporting. Then moved to Ubon and they laughed when I reported. Now back in Nan and reported promptly. But get this, if I go to Ubon, two days on the bike, they want me to report to the police at the halfway point where I get a motel, again at ubon police or immigration and the same for the trip back. Its ridiculous. Udon folks, count your blessings.
Last I heard motel responsible for reporting guests stay, not guest. Thats why you produce passport at check in

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » August 17, 2018, 11:10 am

I was fined a couple of years ago here in Udon. Next time I was very careful and went immediately to Immigration where they told me that since I was was still living at my old adress, which Immigration had, it was not necessary to report. Next time again I did not report when coming back from a trip abroad but later when I came for 90-days the Immigration officer said that I should pay a fine for not reporting my arrival within 24 hrs. At this I got somewhat irritated and explained what I had been told before. The guy pretended to ask his superiors and came back, said nothing and just processed my 90-days.

This is not easy.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 17, 2018, 1:00 pm

Just Came back from doing my Border Run,I Asked IO at the Nong Khai Border post do I Need to go to Immigration Office to report as I'd been out of country,She asked me If I Would be living at my same address as before to which I replied " YES " She then told NO You Don't NEED to report to Office as we will have you're information already on computer....SORTED !!

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » September 21, 2018, 7:04 am

There has been a bit of chat on FB re this.
a/- When I return to Thailand I stay at the address I put on my TM6 Arrival card, my wife's house, I figure as long as I stay there I shouldn't need to report as it has the address and arrival date on it.
b/- Also if I stay in a hotel, and fill out the hotel registration form, I should also be covered.
Am I correct in assuming a & b?

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » September 21, 2018, 10:41 am

kakariki wrote:
September 21, 2018, 7:04 am
There has been a bit of chat on FB re this.
a/- When I return to Thailand I stay at the address I put on my TM6 Arrival card, my wife's house, I figure as long as I stay there I shouldn't need to report as it has the address and arrival date on it.
b/- Also if I stay in a hotel, and fill out the hotel registration form, I should also be covered.
Am I correct in assuming a & b?
Regarding a it depends on if you are previously registered, with our local immigration office, as living in your wifes house. If you have never before registered your adress there, you have to do it within 24 hours of arriving here (or actually your wife has to register you as living with her).

What you wrote on your TM6 has nothing to do with this.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 21, 2018, 1:53 pm

No, you've got it all wrong! Everything's pleasant, charming and efficient in Amazing Thailand.

It must be your bad attitude, your slovenly appearance, your tarted-up wife or your ratted-out morcy you rolled in on. I've been here (pick a number between 30 and 500) years and have never had anything but the nicest experiences from the well-groomed, friendly, and minty-fresh-breathed professional immigration officers.

You're either imagining everything, or it's all your fault. :-"
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » September 21, 2018, 9:03 pm

Yes.The very helpful,accommodating immigration office at Udon Thani who would NEVER ask for a random purple note for no apparent reason....braces at seat three.Be prepared.
Voiceover for hire.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 23, 2018, 9:13 pm

I always just give immigration my wife's home address, when doing my visa extension or 90 day. I have never registered any address otherwise. Once they have your address, they do not want you to re-register it in Udon every time you come back unless it changes. However other offices like Chiang Mai insist on it. In the future that may change in Udon. However, if you roll up at Udon to do a 90 day when your last address was different, they will do you.

Return to “Open Forum”