Annual Clock Test for Foreigners

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
rickfarang
udonmap.com

Annual Clock Test for Foreigners

Post by rickfarang » September 28, 2018, 8:51 pm

By the way, have you heard of the “clock test” used to monitor the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease?

The patient is occasionally asked to draw the face of a clock. Progress of the dementia can be judged by noting the deterioration of the quality of the drawing. For about the last 10 years the immigration office has been requiring us to give them a hand-drawn map showing how to get from the immigration office to our homes. It is supposed to show that we know our way to the house and maybe even suggest that we actually live there. You can see where I am going with this… Is there also a continuing study to determine who and how many of us are suffering from dementia? :-"

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: Annual Clock Test for Foreigners

Post by the-monk » September 28, 2018, 9:05 pm

Will Google suffer from dementia ? I always provided a printed google map. No one ever said anything ....

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » September 28, 2018, 10:05 pm

Nope.

Next thread please.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » September 29, 2018, 7:08 am

Am I suffering from dementia because I have forgotten to bring a map the last two years or is immigration suffering from dementia because they have not asked for a map?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 29, 2018, 10:11 am

I've printed a copy of a Google Maps with a highlighted route from Immigration to my house for my last four extensions. They've accepted it every time.. I don't think they'd care much about cognitive ability as long as the paperwork is in order and you're physically present (even if mentally you're not)...
Dave

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » October 2, 2018, 10:39 pm

they will have to change the clock test in future as they say teens cant tell the time by clock now

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 4, 2018, 8:57 am

the-monk wrote:
September 28, 2018, 9:05 pm
Will Google suffer from dementia ? I always provided a printed google map. No one ever said anything ....
I remember being all innovative and cutting-edge about 10 years ago and offering Udon Immigration a printed, marked-up Google earth map for my MExt only for it to be flipped over, me handed a pen and told to "do it properly."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 4, 2018, 12:10 pm

rickfarang wrote:
September 28, 2018, 8:51 pm
By the way, have you heard of the “clock test” used to monitor the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease?

The patient is occasionally asked to draw the face of a clock. Progress of the dementia can be judged by noting the deterioration of the quality of the drawing. For about the last 10 years the immigration office has been requiring us to give them a hand-drawn map showing how to get from the immigration office to our homes. It is supposed to show that we know our way to the house and maybe even suggest that we actually live there. You can see where I am going with this… Is there also a continuing study to determine who and how many of us are suffering from dementia? :-"
How do they administer this test in the Philippines?
PI clock.jpg
tagalog time

Return to “Open Forum”