Plumbing question

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Plumbing question

Post by glalt » February 20, 2019, 5:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 20, 2019, 2:36 pm
"In the interest of "harmony"? unheard of on this site. :lol:"

Not met Mrs Statts when she hs a bee in her bonnet then RL :lol:

B250 for a new ball cock is cheaper than the medical bills involved after i've bashed me 'ed on a brick wll for 30 mins :-k

The guy from Water co told her (and local neighbour) it was the ball valve at fault so NO AMOUNT of common sense was ever going to win that argument [-X [-X [-X
You should now by now that Thai men are much smarter than us stupid farangs.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » February 21, 2019, 5:37 am

glalt wrote:
February 19, 2019, 3:59 pm
As a side note, We had a cobra problem. Killed three of them within about five months. I did a serious hunt to see if I could possibly find somewhere where they could be coming from. Beside the house, I found a hole that was about 4 inches in diameter. I stuck the hose in it and turned on the water. I watched the hole for a while and nothing came out and the hole never filled up. I left the water run for more than 6 hours and that hole never did fill up. I covered the hole with chunks of broken concrete.

I mention this because leaks can be difficult to find. I have no idea where all that water went.
Might pay to take care doing that. Bloke over here a few years back did the same thing with the hose down the hole.
While staring intently for any signs of movement, a ruddy great pissed off brown snake flew out the hole and bit him.
He died before they could get him to the hospital.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 21, 2019, 8:27 am

Do we have brown snakes in Thailand ? Ive got a few 4 inch holes in my garden , and my land was never filled .
We do not have a snake problem though , maybe because of my dogs .
But ive seen a couple of young Indian monitors roaming the grounds , and my Rottie killed a massive one in the garden last year . Over a meter or so , the neighbors had it for dinner . Waste not , want not . :-" :-"

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 21, 2019, 9:13 am

We have a few harmless snakes around here but the scary ones are spitting cobras. The Malaysian vipers kill the most people here in Thailand but I have never seen one here upcountry. I don't think we have brown snakes in Thailand. My young dog doesn't try to kill the cobras but he barks like crazy from about 5 meters away from them.

When I had the hose down the hole, I stayed well back. We did find one large snake of some kind swallowing chicken eggs. Only ever saw him that one time.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 21, 2019, 9:22 am

Maybe just maybe, bluejets is refering to the colour of the snake?not the actually species of snake ,example,eastern brown or common brown found in australia?ive seen loads of brown coloured snakes here aswell as green ones :D also came across a few that walk on two legs

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » February 21, 2019, 9:31 am

saint wrote:
February 21, 2019, 8:27 am
Do we have brown snakes in Thailand ?
I have a fair idea everyone knows what I was referring to.
If not, then just go to the end of the line.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 21, 2019, 10:42 am

bluejets wrote:
February 21, 2019, 9:31 am
saint wrote:
February 21, 2019, 8:27 am
Do we have brown snakes in Thailand ?
I have a fair idea everyone knows what I was referring to.
If not, then just go to the end of the line.
So did anyone find out what sort of snake it was . I wasnt trying to be a smart arse or anything , and thinking about it , If i was underground in a hole and someone tried flooding me out , i would be pissed too , probably also brown . :roll:

Return to “Open Forum”