Holiday recommendations

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1987
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Holiday recommendations

Post by vincemunday » April 23, 2019, 9:14 pm

Looking for recommendations for places by a nice beach, must have a nice pool, decent rooms and plenty of nightlife (but not tacky like Pattaya). Budget between 1500 and 3500 a night. We usually go to Koh Chang so looking for somewhere else this time.


"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 3118
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 24, 2019, 1:09 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 23, 2019, 9:14 pm
Looking for recommendations for places by a nice beach, must have a nice pool, decent rooms and plenty of nightlife (but not tacky like Pattaya). Budget between 1500 and 3500 a night. We usually go to Koh Chang so looking for somewhere else this time.
Lawn lea guest house on Blackpool sea front ,,, mention Dm and you get a discount ..

User avatar
trekkertony
udonmap.com
Posts: 517
Joined: November 28, 2007, 4:25 am
Location: Australia

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by trekkertony » April 24, 2019, 4:13 am

Hi Vince,
Rawai, which is at the southern end of Phuket is a great place, plenty of bars that are not the sleazy type. Nai Harn beach is beautiful with gentle rolling waves and large shaded areas under the palms make it a special place. The Sea Gypsie Village is great place to dine out in Rawai, with a fantastic range of fresh seafood that can be cooked at your cafe of choice, assuming your partner has the same penchant for seafood as other thais. If going to Phuket, FantaSea is a must do. YouTube clips available for recommendations. Given that there is so much to see on the island, a hire car would be needed unless you are happy to put the anchor out at one place.

timmy
udonmap.com
Posts: 547
Joined: June 27, 2014, 11:03 am

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by timmy » April 24, 2019, 6:55 am

I,ve just booked Phuket , just because its easy from Udon with " airasia " just under 4k return but only 1 flight a day and you don't get to Phuket until about 7.30 pm . also booked taxi to hotel with " Phukettaxi.com " return when coming home less than 1500 bt .

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by 747man » April 24, 2019, 10:20 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 24, 2019, 1:09 am
vincemunday wrote:
April 23, 2019, 9:14 pm
Looking for recommendations for places by a nice beach, must have a nice pool, decent rooms and plenty of nightlife (but not tacky like Pattaya). Budget between 1500 and 3500 a night. We usually go to Koh Chang so looking for somewhere else this time.
Lawn lea guest house on Blackpool sea front ,,, mention Dm and you get a discount ..
Jon,So You must have Boom Boomed the Owner on yer Stag Night then :-k :-k :-k

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by 747man » April 24, 2019, 11:34 am

I Can Recommend Khao Kolok in Pranburi.....Where the Sea is Very Clean & Has a decent CLEAN Beach...

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by stattointhailand » April 24, 2019, 11:47 am

747man wrote:
April 24, 2019, 11:34 am
I Can Recommend Khao Kolok in Pranburi.....Where the Sea is Very Clean & Has a decent CLEAN Beach...
any trouble with jellyfish Mar/Apr/May 747?

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by 747man » April 24, 2019, 12:12 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 24, 2019, 11:47 am
747man wrote:
April 24, 2019, 11:34 am
I Can Recommend Khao Kolok in Pranburi.....Where the Sea is Very Clean & Has a decent CLEAN Beach...
any trouble with jellyfish Mar/Apr/May 747?
I Can't answer that Statts,I Was there in January,But We did see a couple of Dolphins Leaping in the Bay....

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 302
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by Chuchi » April 24, 2019, 1:52 pm

timmy wrote:
April 24, 2019, 6:55 am
I,ve just booked Phuket , just because its easy from Udon with " airasia " just under 4k return but only 1 flight a day and you don't get to Phuket until about 7.30 pm . also booked taxi to hotel with " Phukettaxi.com " return when coming home less than 1500 bt .
I’m not keen on the late flight, I sometimes go Nokair via Don Muang when the return price is similar to airasia ,leave udon 7.35 AM to bkk,1hr 40 min transit time(McDonald’s breakfast) arrive Phuket 11.45 AM. Not good if you don’t like to fly but it’s great to get there by lunchtime.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1987
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by vincemunday » April 24, 2019, 3:52 pm

Thanks for the recommendations so far, at the moment I'm leaning heavily towards Jon's Blackpool idea, after all if it's good enough for DM...

Phuket is okay, I nearly killed myself last time we went there, I tried reliving my youth staying out until 4 am, I lasted 3 nights, it took me a week to recover and I was a bit distressed after saying to the wife "My God, look how beautiful that girl is" and she replied "He is beautiful isn't he", that took me at least a week to get over.

Anyone have more ideas I'd like to hear them
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

SJP17
udonmap.com
Posts: 537
Joined: May 16, 2012, 5:39 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by SJP17 » April 24, 2019, 3:57 pm

Anything you would recommend in the Issan region ?

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1987
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by vincemunday » April 24, 2019, 4:16 pm

We did a trip around the Southern Isaan area last year, we drove, stayed at hotels, looked around then moved on the next day and saw some marvellous places (some crap ones too), it's a great way to see the area. A little tip, Hop Inn hotels are pretty good if you're travelling this way.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by 747man » April 24, 2019, 4:23 pm

SJP17 wrote:
April 24, 2019, 3:57 pm
Anything you would recommend in the Issan region ?
The Nong Khai Riviera ????? Oh And Phue Ruea is nice....

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by 747man » April 24, 2019, 4:24 pm

Thanks for the recommendations so far, at the moment I'm leaning heavily towards Jon's Blackpool idea, after all if it's good enough for DM...But Vince Blackpool Airport has now CLOSED Down......

A little tip, Hop Inn hotels are pretty good if you're travelling this way.......Agreed Vince Nice Comfy Beds & Very Clean....From only 500 Baht....

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1987
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by vincemunday » April 24, 2019, 4:32 pm

"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

SJP17
udonmap.com
Posts: 537
Joined: May 16, 2012, 5:39 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by SJP17 » April 24, 2019, 7:05 pm

I like Issan, ive had sea and beeches around me my whole life so i dont really miss them.

Laos is an awesome place go as well.

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 2946
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by Barney » April 24, 2019, 7:44 pm

Sounds like you available to fly international.
Why don’t you investigate the Island of Phu Quoc Vietnam.
Direct flight from BKK with visa on arrival. Must have ticket in and out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by 747man » April 24, 2019, 8:18 pm

Air Asia will start a 4 Times Weekly service from DMK to Sihanoukville ( KOS ) In The Summer....53.00 GBP Return Airfare & Good Times on BOTH Legs !!
Last edited by 747man on April 24, 2019, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by 747man » April 24, 2019, 8:28 pm

Barney wrote:
April 24, 2019, 7:44 pm
Sounds like you available to fly international.
Why don’t you investigate the Island of Phu Quoc Vietnam.
Direct flight from BKK with visa on arrival. Must have ticket in and out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ONLY 155.00 GBP For The Airfare from Swampy......No Thanks...

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 2946
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Holiday recommendations

Post by Barney » April 24, 2019, 10:42 pm

747man wrote:
April 24, 2019, 8:28 pm
Barney wrote:
April 24, 2019, 7:44 pm
Sounds like you available to fly international.
Why don’t you investigate the Island of Phu Quoc Vietnam.
Direct flight from BKK with visa on arrival. Must have ticket in and out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ONLY 155.00 GBP For The Airfare from Swampy......No Thanks...
Thats not a bad price for an exotic international location, I just booked an overnight return trip with Thaiair UT to BKK for 6005 bht. :D

Post Reply

Return to “Open Forum”