Yes it really happened

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Yes it really happened

Post by Whistler » March 16, 2023, 1:57 pm

dogs knocknock.jpg

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 18, 2023, 5:52 pm

An Airbus 380 is on its way across the Atlantic. It flies consistently at 800 km/h at 30,000 feet, when suddenly a Eurofighter with a Tempo Mach 2 appears.
The pilot of the fighter jet slows down, flies alongside the Airbus and greets the pilot of the passenger plane by radio: "Airbus, boring flight isn’t it? Now have a look here!" He rolls his jet on its back, accelerates, breaks through the sound barrier, rises rapidly to a dizzying height, and then swoops down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He loops back next to the Airbus and asks: "Well, how was that?"
The Airbus pilot answers: "Very impressive, but watch this!"
The jet pilot watches the Airbus, but nothing happens. It continues to fly straight, at the same speed. After 15 minutes, the Airbus pilot radios, "Well, how was that? Confused, the jet pilot asks, "What did you do?"
The AirBus pilot laughs and says: "I got up, stretched my legs, walked to the back of the aircraft to use the washroom, then got a cup of coffee and a chocolate fudge pastry."
The moral of the story is: When you’re young, speed and adrenaline seems to be great. But as you get older and wiser, you learn that comfort and peace are more important. This is called S.O.S.: Slower, Older and Smarter. Dedicated to all my senior friends ~ it’s time to slow down and enjoy the rest of the trip.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 21, 2023, 8:34 am

Some ranchers/Farmers in the USA will hang a boot on a fence post, when?

A rancher is honoring their deceased horse. When a cowboy has a strong bond with his horse, it may become his daily workhorse. Per The Classroom, when a special horse like this is sold or dies, a cowboy will hang a pair of his boots on the fence to symbolize respect for the animal.

Another rancher has passed away. When a comrade passes away, a cowboy may hang a boot on a fence post as a memorial.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 21, 2023, 9:34 am

Talking about fences. Australia has the longest fence in the world. It is over three times longer than the Great Wall of China and currently presides as the longest fence or wall anywhere in the world.

The Dingo Fence or Dog Fence is a pest-exclusion fence in Australia to keep dingoes out of the relatively fertile south-east part of the continent (where they have largely been exterminated) and protect the sheep flocks of southern Queensland. It is one of the longest structures in the world. It stretches 5,614 kilometres (3,488 mi)[1] from Jimbour on the Darling Downs near Dalby through thousands of kilometres of arid land ending west of Eyre peninsula on cliffs of the Nullarbor Plain above the Great Australian Bight near Nundroo.

Dingoes (Warraguls) were brought to Oz by aboriginals perhaps 40-60,000 years ago. When their migration started to Oz, they trecked through SE Asian and probably Udon Thani along with the dingoes. Around Issan I have seen many dogs that closely resemble our dingoes.

So the people of Oz did make this fence happen.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 21, 2023, 12:27 pm

747man wrote:
March 18, 2023, 5:52 pm
An Airbus 380 is on its way across the Atlantic. It flies consistently at 800 km/h at 30,000 feet, when suddenly a Eurofighter with a Tempo Mach 2 appears.
The pilot of the fighter jet slows down, flies alongside the Airbus and greets the pilot of the passenger plane by radio: "Airbus, boring flight isn’t it? Now have a look here!" He rolls his jet on its back, accelerates, breaks through the sound barrier, rises rapidly to a dizzying height, and then swoops down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He loops back next to the Airbus and asks: "Well, how was that?"
The jet pilot watches the Airbus, but nothing happens. It continues to fly straight, at the same speed. After 15 minutes, the Airbus pilot radios, "Well, how was that? Confused, the jet pilot asks, "What did you do?"
The AirBus pilot laughs and says: "I got up, stretched my legs, walked to the back of the aircraft to use the washroom, then got a cup of coffee and a chocolate fudge pastry."
The moral of the story is: When you’re young, speed and adrenaline seems to be great. But as you get older and wiser, you learn that comfort and peace are more important. This is called S.O.S.: Slower, Older and Smarter. Dedicated to all my senior friends ~ it’s time to slow down and enjoy the rest of the trip.
Good lawd, 474 - when did this happen?

Do you have a link?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 21, 2023, 12:29 pm

The final episode of MASH 4077 drew more viewers than the Superbowl that year. \\

An estimated 106 million viewers in the U.S. turned in to watch M*A*S*H's finale when it aired in February 1983. (via Statista ). To put that in context, the second most watched scripted TV episode was the season 11 finale of Cheers.(100million)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 22, 2023, 10:48 am

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2023, 12:29 pm
The final episode of MASH 4077 drew more viewers than the Superbowl that year. \\

An estimated 106 million viewers in the U.S. turned in to watch M*A*S*H's finale when it aired in February 1983. (via Statista ). To put that in context, the second most watched scripted TV episode was the season 11 finale of Cheers.(100million)
This is surprising. One would have thought that the last episode of 'individual of Kensington' would have outdrawn M.A.S.H., and the Grey Cup would outdraw the Super Bowl.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 22, 2023, 3:37 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 21, 2023, 12:27 pm
747man wrote:
March 18, 2023, 5:52 pm
Good lawd, 474 - when did this happen?

Do you have a link?
Good LAWD Jack, I Got the story of Facebook, NO Link I'm Afraid....

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 23, 2023, 2:55 pm

How many hairs are normal to lose a day?

Hair loss can be triggered by many reasons like stress,diet,thyroid issues,hair styling,and menopause.
Shedding 50-100 hair strands per day is normal and is a part of the hair growth cycle.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 24, 2023, 2:44 pm

Northern lights seen in East Anglia last night.

https://twitter.com/EDP24/status/1639167570648657920

Not normal for Norfolk.

Global warming to blame?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » March 24, 2023, 5:25 pm

More likely a coronal mass ejection (solar storm). Could affect satelites and power grids.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 24, 2023, 9:12 pm

I'll be out in the garden tonight.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » March 25, 2023, 1:37 am

The Northern Lights were seen over much of Missouri last night. Sightings were reported as far south as Phoenix, Arizona.

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos- ... 023-3?op=1

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 25, 2023, 1:48 am

Cool.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 25, 2023, 9:32 pm

Wikipedia
Remember having to do research for school reports from the latest set of encyclopedias? Today's kids have no idea how lucky they are to have Wikipedia (even if teachers frown upon it as a source), which launched in 2001.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 25, 2023, 10:20 pm

As mentioned in a previous thread ............ you cannot trust anything in wikipedia and should never ever use it as a source without checking its validity (teacher or not)

Theres a second prog where he actually alters several wiki pages to show obvious errors (someone was 120 odd years old when they got married), but I cant find it at the moment

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 26, 2023, 12:12 am

Doodoo wrote:
March 25, 2023, 9:32 pm
Wikipedia
Remember having to do research for school reports from the latest set of encyclopedias? Today's kids have no idea how lucky they are to have Wikipedia (even if teachers frown upon it as a source), which launched in 2001.
No, I don't remember doing that, DooDoo.

Search under way for mountain lion who clawed man in hot tub

Sh!!ty death, I'm glad I live in Blighty, this sort of thing wouldn't happen in Norwich unless you were really unlucky, DooDoo.

https://news.sky.com/story/search-under ... b-12839190
A search is under way for a mountain lion who clawed a man's head while he bathed in a hot tub with his wife in Colorado.
The couple were relaxing at a rental home in a wooded area of Nathrop at the time of the incident on Saturday night.
The man felt something grab his head and screamed when he realised it was a lion, officials said.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 26, 2023, 5:53 pm

The Ford Capri to make a comeback...well, the nameplate, at least.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/f ... -ev-427646

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 27, 2023, 9:13 am

Earnest wrote:
March 26, 2023, 5:53 pm
The Ford Capri to make a comeback...well, the nameplate, at least.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/f ... -ev-427646
Used to love my FORD Capri the 3.0 litre version with leather seats .

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 27, 2023, 10:07 am

Quote from Jon Stewart

"Jon Stewart sarcastically says 'what's happened to our country' after being asked about a potential Trump indictment: 'It's as though you can't even commit financial fraud anymore'"

Return to “Open Forum”