Scunthorpe

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Scunthorpe

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 20, 2022, 8:02 am

Earnest wrote:
August 19, 2022, 11:30 pm
Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Cleethorpes, Skegness, all places with Viking names.
Please,excuse my tardy reply as im.a bit hing over this fine morning ..a few beers then cols CW then Clits place had me a wee bit tipsy.. beef tacos were marvelious

Back to the main topic ..SCUNTHORPE.. you are almost correct ernie .. actually many areas in that part of the uk were named from.the vikings ..i hail.from.the isle of axholme which was reclaimed marsh land ..a Dutch fella named Vermmuden came and did the job .. he also shagged my granny ..apparently she was a bit if a slapper n like a bit of frikebdellen.

Grimsby n cleethorpes are curently seeing major development with running water and electric rumoured to be added ti the infrastructure very soon

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 20, 2022, 8:27 am

Re: Don't even go there.
Post by stattointhailand » August 19, 2022, 8:09 pm

Any reason why the "Don't even go there" thread appears directly below the "Scunthorpe" thread ..... just askin'

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 20, 2022, 11:04 am

jackspratt wrote:
August 19, 2022, 8:04 pm
I'm sure I read an inoffensive post after mine above, from the Lilac Louche.

What happened to it?

EDIT: And now I can see it on my tablet, but not a while ago on my PC. Who knows what is going on.
It's STILL There You Sheep Sha**in' Aussie.... :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 20, 2022, 12:21 pm

Bump to position

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2022, 7:31 am

Just a heads up.to anyone thinking of going on holiday to Scunthorpe and renting a scooter .. the winter months are very popular with tourists enjoying slag heap skiing in the mornings and sunbathing on the man made soda ash beach in the afternoons ..

Beware https://youtu.be/bFUf9yaYPmw

DM

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 11, 2022, 6:12 pm

I fancy some Lincolnshire sausages today, I may pop out and buy some.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 11, 2022, 6:22 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 11, 2022, 6:12 pm
It's a Bloody long way for you to go.....Better Phone the Butcher to see if Scunthorpe is even Open Today.... :lol: :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2022, 9:29 pm

747man wrote:
September 11, 2022, 6:22 pm
Earnest wrote:
It's a Bloody long way for you to go.....Better Phone the Butcher to see if Scunthorpe is even Open Today.... :lol: :lol:
jerk head .. Scunny is always open ..

Marvelous proper Licolnshire sausages are the best in the world.. and should be on everyones bucket list whilst visuting Mecca ..Scunthorpe .aa should be taking in a SUFC footy game

Dm

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 12, 2022, 8:18 am

I like the thought of eating some of those sausages from Lincolnshire. How do they differ from bangers, Polish sausages or bratwurst? Are they made from sheep like New Zealand sausages?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 12, 2022, 10:11 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 12, 2022, 8:18 am
I like the thought of eating some of those sausages from Lincolnshire. How do they differ from bangers, Polish sausages or bratwurst? Are they made from sheep like New Zealand sausages?
Pork or beef .. darker in colour and larger than your average sausage .. quite heavily seasoned with sage amongst other things .. marvelous in a crusty bap with fried onions and Daddys or HP brown sauce... the Licolnshire sausage should be on everyones bucket list.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 12, 2022, 11:16 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 11, 2022, 9:29 pm
747man wrote:
September 11, 2022, 6:22 pm
Earnest wrote:
jerk head .. Scunny is always open ..

Marvelous proper Licolnshire sausages are the best in the world.. and should be on everyones bucket list whilst visuting Mecca ..Scunthorpe .aa should be taking in a SUFC footy game

Dm
jerk head ....Now Now, NO Need to be NASTY......Scunthorpe .aa should be taking in a SUFC footy game....And have a Bloody Good Laugh while yer at it !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

larger than your average sausage ....NOT Your's Though from what I've been Told ' Eh They Don't call you " Little Jon " for NO Reason..... :( :( :-" :-"

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 12, 2022, 4:34 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 12, 2022, 10:11 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 12, 2022, 8:18 am
Pork or beef .. darker in colour and larger than your average sausage .. quite heavily seasoned with sage amongst other things .. marvelous in a crusty bap with fried onions and Daddys or HP brown sauce... the Licolnshire sausage should be on everyones bucket list.

DM
Sounds good, thanks.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 12, 2022, 5:30 pm

Dont ruin a nice sausage by sticking HP Diarrhea in a bottle on it

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 6, 2022, 9:58 am

Just watched "Welcome to Wrexham" and thought of a solution for The Iron. They need an new owner like the Deadpool guy. The timing is right, the pound is down and the US market is saying to move your dollars. There must be hundreds of Hollywood types who could do this. Scunthorpe needs an Under Assistant West Coast Promo man to pound the beat on Hollywood Boulevard.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 6, 2022, 3:08 pm

mak wrote:
October 6, 2022, 9:58 am
Just watched "Welcome to Wrexham" and thought of a solution for The Iron. They need an new owner like the Deadpool guy. The timing is right, the pound is down and the US market is saying to move your dollars. There must be hundreds of Hollywood types who could do this. Scunthorpe needs an Under Assistant West Coast Promo man to pound the beat on Hollywood Boulevard.
Wrexhan dropped very lucky ,,, Scunny FC ""the club" is up for sale mak .. but the current owner is a proper slippery blighter. IMO a sale will happen soon... 3 to 11 mil quid been mentioned which at the lower end is a real bargain and im sure well within the reach of some Udon mappers.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 6, 2022, 3:13 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 6, 2022, 3:08 pm
mak wrote:
Wrexhan dropped very lucky ,,, Scunny FC ""the club" is up for sale mak .. but the current owner is a proper slippery blighter. IMO a sale will happen soon... 3 to 11 mil quid been mentioned which at the lower end is a real bargain and im sure well within the reach of some Udon mappers.

DM
IMO a sale will happen soon... 3 to 11 mil quid been mentioned which at the lower end is a real bargain and im sure well within the reach of some Udon mappers. .....Well As Your the Number 1 & Only Fan....Get Yer Bloody Wallet out,Loose Change for You In'it ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 6, 2022, 3:21 pm

Mike Ashley looked at Scunny, but was told that attaching a Sports Direct sign could cause the main stand to collapse

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 6, 2022, 3:52 pm

mak wrote:
mak, a man with a good taste for music. The Rolling Clones play at the Plowrite Theatre Scunthorpe on 25/03/2023.

He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 6, 2022, 4:09 pm

Just received this from British Newspaper archive
Scevtel.png
Wasnt 1952 the year gran was caught in the Scunny team bath?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 6, 2022, 4:23 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
October 6, 2022, 4:09 pm
Just received this from British Newspaper archive

Scevtel.png

Wasnt 1952 the year gran was caught in the Scunny team bath?
No it was 1995 and it wasnt mi gran it was mi wife .. suffice to say several players scored that day !! :lol:

The Scunthorpe Evening Telegraph and SUFC had a fall out years back and they still dont cover Scunny matches etc .. they only report on the Codheads.. the two are in talks now to make the peace WHEN Swan has buggared off..

Great to see so much real interest in my beloved home town :confused: .. remember guys a visit to Scunthorpe has to be on everyones bucket list .. an unforgetable experience.

DM

Return to “Open Forum”