Best voice transition app

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
milkman
udonmap.com

Best voice transition app

Post by milkman » December 21, 2019, 6:04 pm

Iranslate or Apple? I only want to use the voice translation to speak with my maid. Any idea of the cost if any?

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Best voice transition app

Post by parrot » December 21, 2019, 6:52 pm

I don't have an iphone, but I use google translate when I can't fake it with my kindergarten Thai.
"hey google, how do you say PLEASE PLANT THE TREE IN THIS AREA" for example:
google translate will display on my screen, PLEASE PLANT THE TREE IN THIS AREA, along with the Thai script กรุณาปลุกต้นไม้ในพื้นที่นี่ and also provides a sound recording of the Thai. Google translate is free.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » December 22, 2019, 6:43 am

I used Google Translate to Thai at Makro when my wife and I were looking for yeast and it worked well enough for the clerk to take us right to the yeast.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » December 22, 2019, 12:25 pm

pf-flyer wrote:
December 22, 2019, 6:43 am
I used Google Translate to Thai at Makro when my wife and I were looking for yeast and it worked well enough for the clerk to take us right to the yeast.
WOW you can actually find yeast in Udon, gave up trying to find many many years ago. Not sure I want anymore, but just in case, What's it near?

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » December 22, 2019, 12:52 pm

If you're looking for yeast for occasional home baking (small amount) Perfect brand is found in most all grocery outlets. I've been using it here for a decade. It's with the other baking supplies like flour, baking soda, baking powder etc.

Return to “Open Forum”