Be careful what you wish for.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
tamada
udonmap.com

Be careful what you wish for.

Post by tamada » March 10, 2020, 8:49 pm

I have been somewhat sceptical of the WHO's stance on when to call this Covid-19 outbreak a pandemic ever since their first public statement back in January said it "wasn't quite the right time" to label the outbreak as pandemic. I thought the rather imprecise terminology they used as remarkably unscientific. Later they made statements that better defined the numerical trigger points for this call. I would need to Google those but I think they have already been exceeded.

The statements from their DG have become increasingly strident in exhorting everyone to do a better job with little reference to the burgeoning totals.

Yesterday we saw the global death toll reach 3800 with 3120 of them in China. The death toll in Italy, the second most serious epicenter is now 463.

With regard to the figures mentioned in the attached article, will they manage to tough it out with their "not quite" attitude until July? Talk about being careful what you wish for.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/here- ... k-pandemic

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Be careful what you wish for.

Post by vincemunday » March 11, 2020, 6:37 am

Italy's woes are getting more worrisome by the day, despite their lock down they’re seeing record infections/deaths daily and I find it a little disconcerting that there’s a possibility the upper echelons of the UK Govt might have been exposed, if they are so easily infected then it can happen to anyone. The last time I looked the numbers were 118k infected, 64k recovered and 4200 dead and while in the grand scheme of things these numbers aren’t huge we have to bear in mind this is a relatively new virus and no one really knows how it’s going to develop, it would seem a lot of the assumptions being made are based on models for normal flu but in the interim we have top doctors in Italy begging the WHO to treat this very differently, they are surprised at how virulent this virus is and we aren’t talking about Joe Blow sitting in a Pattaya bar, these are real top doctors begging for help, I also think the thresholds for the WHO calling this a pandemic have been met but they are worried about causing panic, which of course is happening anyway (being fuelled partly by MSM) whilst trying to impress the urgency of controlling the spread of the disease.

Coronavirus: Health minister Nadine Dorries tests positive https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51827356
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 11, 2020, 8:00 am

So it looks like the WHO has 4 more months to "prevent panic" while maintaining their already filthy rich shareholders return on investments, ie. they get to keep the money that was supposed to help the poorer nations, the ones without sophisticated public health mechanisms to get through this. These are the countries with mortality rates that we will probably never, ever hear of. The poor and truly great unwashed of the earth. It's akin to one's insurance company declining to pay just because you are actually making a claim that was totally covered but they won't make any money from you.

What else can the MSM be expected to do when the WHO fails to lead? This is already a pandemic but a lot of time and money is being wasted on the preventative measures they exhort that are increasingly being shown as shockingly inadequate. The genie is well out of this bottle IMHO.

I think the media needs to ignore people fighting over toilet paper in Australia and start asking the WHO some real questions and start questioning the answers being given.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 11, 2020, 8:31 am

This is a great documentary about the spread in America of the Spanish Flu in 1918 and the extreme measures that were taken to control the pandemic. As the hysteria grows over the Coronavirus, it appears we are headed for the same restrictions on our personal freedoms, so here's a preview of what is likely coming our way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDY5COg ... ture=share
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Return to “Open Forum”