Boris tests positive for Corona

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Boris tests positive for Corona

Post by pipoz4444 » April 3, 2020, 1:07 am

Boris is alive and well. He sent me a video :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogzjZaO3xE

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » April 7, 2020, 2:34 am

Boris Johnson moved to intensive care.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 7, 2020, 3:12 am

Perhaps not surprising. Patients would currently need to be struggling pretty badly even to get admitted to hospital.

What do the statistics say about his chances from here?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 7, 2020, 6:24 am

The early numbers don't look positive. I'm not sure of the % of ICU Covid patients on ventilators, but judging by hospital admission standards for the virus, I'd guess many are.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... 9-patients

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 7, 2020, 6:49 am

He’s not on a ventilator yet and he’s not been intubated so hopefully this is just precautionary, his girlfriend is expecting a baby and he has kids so I hope he gets well soon.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 7, 2020, 7:22 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 7, 2020, 6:49 am
He’s not on a ventilator yet and he’s not been intubated so hopefully this is just precautionary, his girlfriend is expecting a baby and he has kids so I hope he gets well soon.
Yes i echo that Vince ..in times like this its time for the political rivalry to take a back seat ..hope he makes a swift and full recovery

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 7, 2020, 7:32 am

The Washington Post recently had a good article on the current work of a Chicago anesthesiologist, Cory Deburghgraeve, just doing Covid intubations. Scary work:
As soon as I get the page in my call room, I grab my backpack of medications and my duffle bag of protective gear and run for the stairs. There isn’t time to wait for the elevator. I go two floors up to ICU and get into my protective gear outside the room: mask, face shield, hood, secondary hood, personal air filter, gown, two sets of sanitized gloves. I tape everything together, because a few times the gown has risen up and exposed my wrists. There are so many opportunities to contaminate yourself. I monitor my heart rate, and it goes from like 58 to 130 by the time I get into the ICU. I’m stressed and rushed and hot inside the protective gear. I’m trying not to show it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rc404=true

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 7, 2020, 7:52 am

I sure hope he makes it, a baby on the way and still a young man. Political views aside he seems like a decent man and believes in what he is doing even if some see his views differently.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 7, 2020, 10:28 am

Sorry to hear of this latest development... hope he pulls through OK... also his girlfriend who is also sick and expecting his baby.
Stay strong.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 7, 2020, 11:24 am

Disgraceful that the Guardian should choose to use Boris Johnsons current worrying situation as a political attack and points scoring opportunity whilst trying to wish him well ... low very low

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... oronavirus

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 7, 2020, 11:46 am

Rather prescient from the Guardian I would have thought.

Questioning how he can be properly running the country from a hospital bed, and within a few hours he is rushed off to ICU.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 7, 2020, 12:35 pm

Yes, it looks a bit of a shambles at a very dire moment for the UK. Every country's leadership needs to be prepared for this. In the US Pence looks ready to step up if Trump catches the virus.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2020, 12:38 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 7, 2020, 11:24 am
Disgraceful that the Guardian should choose to use Boris Johnsons current worrying situation as a political attack and points scoring opportunity whilst trying to wish him well ... low very low

DM
I don't see it as a political attack. I see it as an alert to the possibility that the one-man-band Johnson government is facing an even bigger challenge while he's in hospital and simply hoping that they're up for it. The round-robin of talking heads at the daily Covid-19 update podium has been a bit of a shambles since Johnson, Hancock and then Professor Chris Whitty got sick. Business Secretary Sharma was an uninformed, bumbling, circular-talking disaster, Gove sounds more and more like an old Vice-Principal talking down to a bunch of unruly students and Raab,as the next-in-line, is just plain bloody scary. OK, Hancock is back after a miraculously short 7-day sickness (that in itself flies in the face of every medical directive issued regarding the duration of self-isolation). Maybe that was predicated by the rather ominous vision of having Prince Charles AND the Health Secretary opening the NHS Nightingale via Zoom?

From the Guardian article:

"Democracies vote for leaders, not anarchists. Every leader’s style is different. Attlee could hardly have been less like Churchill, Heath less like Thatcher, Brown less like Blair. All depended on their close relations in Downing Street with advisers and cabinet colleagues – and suffered when these broke down. Johnson decided from the start that he would not harbour critics in Downing Street, preferring the second rate to the second thought. He made his own indispensability a feature of his rule. In normal times, that is unwise. In a crisis it is stupid."

In my opinion, the most telling image of how this government is facing the crisis is the footage of Dominic Cummings, Johnson's personal Swami, running away down the back alleyway from #10 in the hours before Johnson went public with his infection.

There's no obvious signs of LEADERSHIP in lieu of the leader being laid low and that's not very reassuring at all. I doubt any of them have inspired anyone to feel a bit safer. Even doing a second round of clapping for the NHS was nothing more than a cynical, hijacking of someone else's idea.

The sooner he gets better and does actually have his "hand on the tiller" the better. But I hope he takes onboard how scarily directionless and flustered his team became while he was out of sorts.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 7, 2020, 12:59 pm

tamada wrote:
April 7, 2020, 12:38 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
I don't see it as a political attack. I see it as an alert to the possibility that the one-man-band Johnson government is facing an even bigger challenge while he's in hospital and simply hoping that they're up for it. The round-robin of talking heads at the daily Covid-19 update podium has been a bit of a shambles since Johnson, Hancock and then Professor Chris Whitty got sick. Business Secretary Sharma was an uninformed, bumbling, circular-talking disaster, Gove sounds more and more like an old Vice-Principal talking down to a bunch of unruly students and Raab,as the next-in-line, is just plain bloody scary. OK, Hancock is back after a miraculously short 7-day sickness (that in itself flies in the face of every medical directive issued regarding the duration of self-isolation). Maybe that was predicated by the rather ominous vision of having Prince Charles AND the Health Secretary opening the NHS Nightingale via Zoom?

From the Guardian article:

"Democracies vote for leaders, not anarchists. Every leader’s style is different. Attlee could hardly have been less like Churchill, Heath less like Thatcher, Brown less like Blair. All depended on their close relations in Downing Street with advisers and cabinet colleagues – and suffered when these broke down. Johnson decided from the start that he would not harbour critics in Downing Street, preferring the second rate to the second thought. He made his own indispensability a feature of his rule. In normal times, that is unwise. In a crisis it is stupid.

In my opinion, the most telling image of how this government is facing the crisis is the footage of Dominic Cummings, Johnson's personal Swami, running away down the back alleyway from #10 in the hours before Johnson went public with his infection.

There's no obvious signs of LEADERSHIP in lieu of the leader being laid low and that's not very reassuring at all. I doubt any of them have inspired anyone to feel a bit safer. Even doing a second round of clapping for the NHS was nothing more than a cynical, hijacking of someone else's idea.

The sooner he gets better and does actually have his "hand on the tiller" the better. But I hope he takes onboard how scarily directionless and flustered his team became while he was out of sorts.

Each to our own opinions Tam .. and mine is still this represents a veiled attack .. a dig .. a kick when someones down and not very nice at all bearing in mind the circumstances.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 7, 2020, 1:48 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
I agree

The Guardian nothing but a "Dirty Rag Paper" [-X

One can only hope that no sensible person subscribes to it :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2020, 3:23 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 7, 2020, 1:48 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
I agree

The Guardian nothing but a "Dirty Rag Paper" [-X

One can only hope that no sensible person subscribes to it :-k

pipoz4444
No need. Unlike may of their rival broadsheets, it's still free online.

Goes great with fish and chips too!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 7, 2020, 3:28 pm

I'm sure that at least 1 or 2 of the Guardian's 500,000+ subscribers (which may, or may not include joudon) are sensible.

If not, at least they are well informed. \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 7, 2020, 4:16 pm

Talking of "sensible" I wonder if Stanley Johnson (Bojo's dad) is having second thoughts about defying his sons advice and still going to the pub?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 7, 2020, 4:25 pm

The Guardian is an example of the considerable soft power that the UK still exerts abroad.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 7, 2020, 4:46 pm

GT93 wrote:
April 7, 2020, 4:25 pm
The Guardian is an example of the considerable soft power that the UK still exerts abroad.
Words of wisdom from a rock somewhere near the South Pole. Please give us an example, did their favoured halfwit from the left win his last 2 elections. What and where do they exert soft power apart from other Libtards.

Return to “Open Forum”