Remembrance poppies 2020

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Remembrance poppies 2020

Post by vincemunday » October 16, 2020, 10:27 pm

Dear All,

It's getting close to the time where we remember those who gave their lives in order that we could live ours. Once again I will be distributing collection boxes around Udon Thani and I'm looking for bars and shops who would be willing to make space for what is a very good cause.

As per every year the poppies will be available in the Tbar but it would be nice to have at least one spot in the centre of town, please contact me if you can help.

Thanks,

Vince. 0910575550

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Remembrance poppies 2020

Post by vincemunday » October 17, 2020, 4:02 pm

So far the poppies will be available in the Tbar and the Fun Bar, many thanks to Steve and Bill, I still have another box or two if anyone can help?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 23, 2020, 12:24 pm

Poppy Appeal 2020

Dear all,

We are fast approaching remembrance day and I will be delivering the poppies and collection boxes off at the Tbar and the Fun Bar over the next day or two. Due to Covid 19 there isn't much by way of new stock but we have a few car poppies and two lapel/tie pins as per the pics.

Lest we forget.
Attachments
20201023_121740.jpg
20201023_121227.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 27, 2020, 7:45 am

Dear All,

Please note that poppies are now available in three venues -

The Tbar
The Fun bar
The Brickhouse

Thanks to Steve, Bill and Max.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 8, 2020, 8:32 am

Remembrance day, when I was a kid, the veterans used to sell poppies, I never realized the significance of it till now_.jpeg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Remembrance poppies 2021

Post by vincemunday » October 20, 2021, 4:02 pm

It'll soon be the day where we remember those who gave their lives so that we could live ours. As per usual i'll be looking for bars and restaurants who will be willing to put the poppies out on their counters and bars.
I know these are trying times that are difficult for the bar and restaurant owners but please help if you can.
Please let me know if you can help below or call me on 0910575550

Thanks.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 30, 2021, 6:49 am

Dear All, having lost a couple of venues this year due to Covid etc the poppies are only available at the Fun Bar down Soi Sampan, thank you Bill. If anyone owns a bar or restaurant and can take a box I'd appreciate a call on 0910575550. Vince.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 31, 2021, 6:19 pm

Dear all, there are now two venues to buy a poppy for remembrance day.

The Fun Bar - Soi Samphan
Winners Bar - Nutty Park

If there are any other bar/restaurant owners who can take a box please call me on 0910575550 thanks, Vince.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 1, 2021, 9:21 am

Again regular as clockwork , Vince happily trots out the Poppy Collections tins for us to donate in a small way to the Continuing assistance our small donations joined together with thousands around the world to assist in helkp veterans of all conflicts past and present, ,sadly those who survived WW 1 are now so rare they7 are almost national heros, but we still have thousands from WW 11 and those post 1945 to assist
I thankyou Vince for your continuing enterprise to remind us all to remember.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 2, 2021, 10:06 am

You're welcome Paul, we can't allow history to be dumbed down and our old soldiers to be forgotten.

Lest we forget.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 4, 2021, 12:15 pm

The Gossip bar reopens on Friday and they will also have the poppies on sale so we now have three Udon Thani venues to buy a poppy for remembrance day.

The Fun Bar - Soi Samphan
Winners Bar - Nutty Park
The Gossip Bar - Soi Romyen

If there are any other bar/restaurant owners who can take a box please call me on 0910575550 thanks, Vince.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » November 4, 2021, 1:06 pm

vincemunday wrote:
November 2, 2021, 10:06 am
You're welcome Paul, we can't allow history to be dumbed down and our old soldiers to be forgotten.

Lest we forget.
just saying Vince , and No disrespect meant , should it be 2021 on the headline ,
i always bought my poppy from the Tbar & or B/H are neither stocking them this year .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 4, 2021, 3:01 pm

timmy wrote:
November 4, 2021, 1:06 pm
vincemunday wrote:
November 2, 2021, 10:06 am

Lest we forget.
just saying Vince , and No disrespect meant , should it be 2021 on the headline ,
i always bought my poppy from the Tbar & or B/H are neither stocking them this year .
The Gossip Bar is just a minute's walk from Steve and Mali's former enterprise and a family-run affair so you can get your poppy there.

https://goo.gl/maps/3rAsAe2mV235m3vW6
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 11, 2021, 8:17 am

We must never forget those brave Men and Women who gave their lives so that we could live ours.

Lest we forget....
Attachments
images (11).jpeg
images (11).jpeg (6.8 KiB) Viewed 2162 times

Return to “Open Forum”