Used car ownership transfer

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
tamada
udonmap.com

Used car ownership transfer

Post by tamada » February 22, 2021, 11:11 am

Fixing to acquire the brother-in-law's Isuzu pickup. I guess that's done only at the main Nong Sung office? What does a foreigner need to take ownership outside of passport and proof of address? New car purchases see some dealerships asking for a Work Pemit but are there any issues if I have Retirement Extension? Any fees involved? Done while you wait? Is it a one-stop process?

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: Used car ownership transfer

Post by pal52 » February 22, 2021, 12:35 pm

tamada wrote:
February 22, 2021, 11:11 am
Fixing to acquire the brother-in-law's Isuzu pickup. I guess that's done only at the main Nong Sung office? What does a foreigner need to take ownership outside of passport and proof of address? New car purchases see some dealerships asking for a Work Pemit but are there any issues if I have Retirement Extension? Any fees involved? Done while you wait? Is it a one-stop process?
Brother in Law will have to sign Bill of sale form if he is not with you.
It is /was One stop process and a fee is involved but only a couple of hundred baht I think to register the book in your name.
I sold my car to a friend 3 years ago so we both went to the Office at the beginning of town where they hve the dRive Thru.
Could not do it there as they only do Motorbikes there.
Gave us all the forms which I signed.
He went to the main office and they gave him a bill of sale form so he had to come all the way back to get me to sign it.
They also check the engine serial number etc. so you have to wait to get the vehicle inspection done there.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Used car ownership transfer

Post by tamada » February 22, 2021, 1:09 pm

Thanks for that. Isn't there a fee related to the sale? I read that's 0.5% of the selling price + 300 baht service charge? I also read about vehicle inspection but if it's a simple VIN and engine/chassis number check, then not a problem. It's hardly been used as B-i-L's been working (and is still stuck in) Turkey. No issues here with signatures as he set up a legal PoA on most of his Thai business matters, land titles and other stuff when he last came home.

Return to “Open Forum”