Do you know anybody who can teach my Thai-girl English ?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
oldfield

Post by oldfield » June 28, 2007, 9:59 am

Was that your first lesson then Justan?

Don't give up the day job mate.

oldfield

Post by oldfield » June 28, 2007, 10:01 am

valentine wrote:
Doc wrote:Judging from the wording of your post - my professional opinion - as a qualified, licensed and certified Teacher of English a foreign language - you are not qualified to teach anyone anything.
Doc I have been asked to ask you what and where were your qualifications you refer to above were obtained. Perhaps you will enlighten us all.
Wow...for once Doc Almighty has not responded...

Well done Val, I take my hat off to ya me old China..

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 28, 2007, 11:39 am

First, did not see the post. Buried on a previous page that I did not see. I only read the first page that comes up when I log in.

Second, since Val nor anyone here is interested in hiring me, I have no need to demonstrate anything. I am also not interested in working for anyone on this Board either.

Third, when everyone else starts posting their qualifications and where they were obtained, then I may feel compelled to follow suit. :D

People can believe what they want - and I really don't give a rip. :D :D
Ain't Easy Being Me

JustanPearson
udonmap.com

Post by JustanPearson » June 28, 2007, 12:17 pm

:D :D :D :D
Justan Pearson

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 28, 2007, 3:40 pm

JustanPearson wrote: BEER TOILET I'm HUNGRY and where do I sleep
Good first lesson on cave man talk ,but you forgot the word "WOMEN" justan... ;) .
Just what the original poster was not looking for

look forward to the next instalment. :|

nemesis
udonmap.com

Post by nemesis » June 28, 2007, 3:52 pm

Doc wrote: Second, since Val nor anyone here is interested in hiring me, ...
...reckon ol' Doc is saying "here" referring to Udon Thani?

Come on now Doc...let's hear about all the great places at which you "could" work...

Owned. Silence is the right move.

BTW: "...since Val nor anyone here is interested in hiring me..." is NOT grammatically correct.
Try: "...since neither Val nor anyone here...etc.etc...."

Here endeth the lesson.

Doc: For the record, Valentine didn't criticise/criticize your grammar, I did. (Both spellings here, since you were "raised on British English"). It wasn't a typo; I mean, really now, the keys that would have corrected it aren't even near each other, let alone next to each other.

Also, I'm not convinced that the majority of fake degree holders are from England. It may be true, however, that most fake degrees are acquired from "institutions" in England like Shepperton, which is a member company of the University Degree Program. The UDP is currently on the "most wanted" list of education officials in several countries, because it is a known "degree mill". Read up on the Internet.

I have know a couple of people that have a "degree" from this institution, including one right here in UT.

You may know this individual as well.

PS: Shakespeare wrote: "Methinks [you] doth protest too much." (Words in brackets are mine alone).

Silence would be more golden, m'man.

valentine

Post by valentine » June 28, 2007, 4:00 pm

Doc wrote:First, did not see the post. Buried on a previous page that I did not see. I only read the first page that comes up when I log in.

Second, since Val nor anyone here is interested in hiring me, I have no need to demonstrate anything. I am also not interested in working for anyone on this Board either.

Third, when everyone else starts posting their qualifications and where they were obtained, then I may feel compelled to follow suit. :D

People can believe what they want - and I really don't give a rip. :D
:D
Sorry if that touched a nerve Doc, But you did quote a lot of qualifications in your condemnation of another poster and I thought it would be interesting for all to know what are the qualifications or experience you have that makes your opinion so valuable.

valentine

Post by valentine » June 28, 2007, 5:41 pm

Of course Justan you could always try this: university??: Where for about 2,000$ you could get a BA, then your entitled to teach in Thailand I believe

Last Updated: Monday, 5 January, 2004, 13:52 GMT

Fake universities thrive on the web
graduation
Happy graduates typically adorn the "university" websites
Web-based bogus UK universities appear to be thriving despite the efforts of the authorities to shut them down.

Among those currently trading on the UK's reputation for academic excellence, to offer courses over the internet, is "Shepperton University", purportedly in London.

Its website states: "Maintaining academic integrity free from fraud and deception is an important objective of Shepperton University."

It is illegal to offer a degree qualification which could be taken to be that of a recognised UK institution - and there is no such university.

Calls to Shepperton's phone number divert to an international-sounding dial tone, followed by a recorded announcement asking people to leave their contact details
A metropolitain police investigation on behalf of US authorities revealed the address listed to be a single door to a room above a dry cleaning shop. :lol: :lol:

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 29, 2007, 2:09 am

Val - typically I would make a reference to the fact that you are a ###### - but at your age I would anticipate (and hope) that you are using the V pill to a better purpose...

Sometimes - as you have done in the past with your posts - you have ommited some words or wrote something that you didn't really intend to write. Such is the world of typing (for those of us that don't use the "hunt and peck method." So, basically - piss off with your criticisms - untill you can demonstrate in all of your posts that you do everything perfectly. Let's not start a gramatical and spelling war here... It would not be conducive to the intended purpose of this forum...

Yes - there are many places that a person can buy fake degrees - and I know many here in Thailand that are teaching on those fake degrees. In reality - it does not diminish their effectiveness of being a techer of the English languge. And yes, the majority of the fake degree holders are from England... The longer that they teach, the better they get - and any degree that they may hold does not, and in all probability would not, enhance their ability to teach English. In short - there is not a degree on earth that I know of that would help anyone teach here in Thailand because they are going to do things their way - regardless of anything else.

No you did not touch a neve with me Val. You are not that good! Suffice to say that I have been vetted by every appropriate agency and school that I have taught at - and they are 100% satisfied with my past qualifications. Of course - what they look at primarily here in Thailand is what you can do today - not what you have done in the past.

As an aside - there are more unqualified teachers teaching here in Udon Thani than there are qualified teachers. The schools are looking for bargains - not quality teaching, experience or qualifications. Essentially - they are looking for someone that will work for 30,000 Baht a month - for 10 months - and not get paid for holidays or school breaks. As a result, right now we have a lot of Filipinos teaching here in Udon right now. They are happy with what is being offered.

As for myself - I have quit teaching here in Thailand. Not worth me getting out of bed in the morning to go and spend 8 to 9 hours in a school every day - and only teach 20 - 22 hours a week. :cry:
Ain't Easy Being Me

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » June 29, 2007, 4:35 am

Doc wrote:Val - typically I would make a reference to the fact that you are a ###### - but at your age I would anticipate (and hope) that you are using the V pill to a better purpose...

Sometimes - as you have done in the past with your posts - you have ommited some words or wrote something that you didn't really intend to write. Such is the world of typing (for those of us that don't use the "hunt and peck method." So, basically - piss off with your criticisms - untill you can demonstrate in all of your posts that you do everything perfectly. Let's not start a gramatical and spelling war here... It would not be conducive to the intended purpose of this forum...

=D>

but i bet the toosser wont piss off ,and will keep on misquoting people #-o

the old boy likes to stir the pot

kee karn..........................................
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps, i misquoted you doc , but i think its ok in this case :lol:

valentine

Post by valentine » June 29, 2007, 6:09 am

Doc. I think it is you that needs to take himself in hand, not me.Do I take it from your rather long winded reply that you aren,t going to answer the question then? Incidentally , mind how you walk, Farang is hanging on your shirt tail. :lol:

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » June 29, 2007, 7:00 am

Enough bickering or stand to moderated.

Up to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Open Forum”